How long have you been here at DarkMatters?

According to my profile... Dec. 10, 2010. That means I will be a three year old on this forum soon. :D As for how I found this place, through the wiki while looking up Sacred 2 stuff. ;p My builds were a complete mess back then. >>;

• Like! 1

Been a member since July 6th 2007, though I was coming here several months before as a lurker....still have that lurker mentality somewhat but gogo has been breaking me of that habit...slowly...very slowly but he's doing it.

I don't know. With less than 400 to almost 5000, I think I outrank you as a Lurker ...

Nah you definitely got me there...just the 1st year or so I think I averaged 0.0125 posts per day. If it wasn't for the wiki I'd probably have about 2000 posts, but you still are a better lurker anyways :)

• Like! 1

:empty gaze:

I see sinister gogo has found a new way for a spam thread :evil:

You are here : X

Haha, I think you may be right here :P But on a more serious note, this is some pretty cool stuff. I've always wondered how long some of our active members and lurkers have been around for and everyone's story has been pretty interesting! Keep 'em coming I say! :viking:

I first read this forum in August 2008, shortly before Sacred 2 was released. I officially joined in late September. I've been a member of this amazing community for over 5 years now. :)

I found this forum via the Sacred International Forum, like some of you. I was pretty excited about Sacred 2, and I had a blast playing the game with some of you!

Max, I was hoping you'd post!

yes, I remember when you first came and posted, local member too!

That was an amazing post you made of the contents of Sacred 2 from the box all laid out very nicely and organized.

Thanks for all the work and contributions you 've made to the community, we're counting on at least five more years of love!

:)

gogo

Nah you definitely got me there...just the 1st year or so I think I averaged 0.0125 posts per day. If it wasn't for the wiki I'd probably have about 2000 posts, but you still are a better lurker anyways :)

Woah, is that six year Rob? R u the oldest posting vet on the boards now?

This also kinda came about because one day, just for kix, was going through some of the old Key Largo posts, the oldest forum on the site, and saw the bar thread... I was a bit taken back, and perhaps even scared seeing how fast the years have gone by when I saw that post date.

Yeah, if not for Wiki, you'd have post count in the stratosphere^^

gogo

According to my profile... Dec. 10, 2010. That means I will be a three year old on this forum soon. :D As for how I found this place, through the wiki while looking up Sacred 2 stuff. ;p My builds were a complete mess back then. >>;

3 years ia great!

Aegis, your art's always going up, and it's a draw for the community, as well as your love for the second latest Star Trek movie (rawr the sound of the warp pods being ejected!).

Thanks for keeping here with us

gogo

• When you arrived at DarkMatters: 31 May 2007
  • How many years here you've been a member: registered user since day one, me thinks, and a proud D.a.r.k. member since 23 July 2007
  • How did you find this site: SIF

It was a complete trip down memory lane digging up this info! :P

Did I mention I miss the groove theme? :sun:

5 years Timo?

I thought we'd dragged you in earlier than that :P

I remember years ago that huge fall u took and those bruises all over your...seems like aeons ago, with you off to another country and practically married now!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1

only since 2011, over at Sacred 2 International since 2008. Started off playing Sacred (still love that elf) and moved on to 2.

2 years ia great!

I know a lot of other friends I have online move from site to site like lemmings, jumping off the proverbial cliff as soon as a new game is released.

For some reason though, we seem to be able to squeeze some value out of this game, with some corollary games running on the side.

Thanks for the posts Wygram, and when I had played Guild Wars 2, always enjoyed the company.

gogo

• How many years here you've been a member: registered user since day one, me thinks, and a proud D.a.r.k. member since 23 July 2007

5 years Timo?

I remember years ago that huge fall u took and those bruises all over your...seems like aeons ago, with you off to another country and practically married now!

gogo

Ahh master gogoblender, the one who dragged me into this place :lol: but, if I'm counting correctly, that's 6 not 5 years :badbad: but hey, still a Dutchie here! We only went to S'pore and Bali on a trip, we didn't end up staying there! And about that married bit HUSH my gf might hear you! :ninja2:

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

Um.. OK.. Tho the forum software already has the 1st one - it's visible anytime you hover the mouse over your name in the post listings..

Heh, yep, that's how I checked for myself.

Anyway...

Joined: Sep 13 2011. Been a member about 2 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks.

When I arrived: a few months before the join date

How I arrived: Lurked around Sacred Internation Forum (SIF) during the days of playing Sacred Underworld (2007). Took some time away from Sacred, and when I came back to the franchise with Sacred 2 (around late 2010), I found Ascaron had shut down and SIF was a ghost town. IdRNIQX.gif At first, I didn't really believe that a place called "Darkmatters" was the go-to place for Sacred stuff, (how could it be, it didn't even have "Sacred" in the site name!) but after lurking for a few months I realized, this was THE place for the Sacred community. :thumbsup:

I still probably wouldn't have joined, except that you have to register to use the Downloads section. Then after that, I found that the thing I wanted to download, the Halgrim's Law set for the Dragon Mage, had a dead link. So I made a post asking for a reupload, and here's the pivotal moment that would forever seal in my involvement in this community: Instead of reuploading it, mastermind Gogoblender PM's me and says, "hey here's a link to this database of all the set items called MegaDev. You could probably get the set from there, and, if you want, you can reupload the file here on Darkmatters yourself." HbKbJh0.gif

So I got the set and reuploaded it. "Wow, that felt good," I thought. "Why don't I upload the Christmas sets too?" Then evil genius Gogo again PM's me and says, "hey I added you to the SacredWiki... gee it sure would be swell if someone would add download button links to the pages of all the new sets you've uploaded" ("Mwa ha haaa" he thinks to himself). fEUzhnp.gif

And then somehow years later I'm hooked, finding myself donating to SacredWiki and working on it like mad, checking Darkmatters every day as part of my morning routine... You diabolical mastermind, Gogoooooo! I just wanted to download a set! PutPDTr.gif

hahahah, Flix this is just about my favorite sentiments for the day...this concept of a hidden bustling, tucked away world with this old, almost forgotten cherished game, being busy and supporting one the largest independant game wiki's in the world!

Its' like you blipped though a pocket dimension and found DarkMatters, light warmth, laughter and time travels to dinosaurs! :4rofl:

Thanks for the props! But all your contributions have now gotten you u a part of the family. And that's really how it happens here.

People work at darkmatters, there is direction, purpose, and yes, millions of pages to add to this interminable Wiki

:hugs:

K, back to crazy time!!

:crazy:

gogo

For some reason though, we seem to be able to squeeze some value out of this game, with some corollary games running on the side.

I know a lot of other friends I have online move from site to site like lemmings, jumping off the proverbial cliff as soon as a new game is released.

gogo

I like to set up camp on multiple game forums, since my game library is fairly big (although most are in the same genre), I like to seek out the "go-to, must-visit" centers of info and mods for each game. Often it's just the official forums, but sometimes those are defunct or abandoned, which is how I ended up here of course. :sweating:

But the only forum I am a serious old timer at is the Larian forums (member since 2003), since Divine Divinity was the first game that sent me looking to a community for info on the game. And I struck gold, it was a fantastic place to be. Much as many of you have teary fond memories of the golden days of SIF, I am the same way with the Larian forums. It's where I learned everything about being part of an online community. Of course it's still around and very active, but people and friends come and go. :closedeyes:

That was the first game I bought for my PC! Divine Divinity, (loved the alliterative quality of the title) and it just "oozed" creativity...

Thing was, it was hard for me to follow through, to, and so dark...

caved in and picked up I think the second warcraft? Just got mesmerized and completely sucked into the way it made me ran the quests...

After finishing that was bored, and always looking online, and saw Sacred as a demo being offered...when I saw my toon firing arrows from a horse at a orc/troll running around it in a circle *kaching!" was sold

And the rest, they say, is history

gogo

• Like! 1

5 years Timo?

gogo

Ahh master gogoblender, the one who dragged me into this place :lol: but, if I'm counting correctly, that's 6 not 5 years :badbad: but hey, still a Dutchie here! We only went to S'pore and Bali on a trip, we didn't end up staying there! And about that married bit HUSH my gf might hear you! :ninja2:

Ahh, six years?

Timo, you could actulally be in top 25 I think?

We're going to supply canes next year

:P

gogo

I think this is because these communities care more about what game they are playing rather than the people they are playing with. I think that's why we always come back to D.a.r.k - the community is epic :D

:blush:

That's pretty much the best thing that an online group can aspire too, being family, and this is why, when we wake up,we're able to smile at the site, isntead of get angry over curses, smears and trolls.

Bless u

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1

1. Arrived here straight off the boat from Start Isle and...

1. me too :) March 09

2. 4y 9m

3. met Viper and Schot in Sacred2...and joined DM

:viking:

Edited by Chrona
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great initiative gogo. Love it :drunkards:

I came here and lurked for approximately 4-5 months before I actually made an account.

As for when I joined the FDM experience, it was 21st of December 2007. So, we've just passed my 6th anniversary as a member here.

As for how and why I found this forum is probably the thing I remember the most. Because I was looking for a way to avoid those pesky Skeleton Mages 1hit kill resurrection bugs. So after a few hours of googling, I bought the underworld expansion and never had that problem again.

• Like! 1