How long have you been here at DarkMatters?

I had to look up my official joining date as my memory doesn't reach back that far. Although I do remember that I was playing Sacred from 2005, but was over on the Askaron's Sacred International Forum for a couple of years before I came here. I made the move to this forum in 2007, but it seems a lot longer ago than that to be honest.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

I'm......not sure how to take all those emoticons. I never knew this site existed because I never look up games and strategy guides online. Games like Dragon Age ruined strategy guides for me. Specific events are only caused by specific actions, and you only have that one specific time to do the action or lose the event forever, and there's not even the slightest hint of what you're to do to trigger this event. I'll give a slightly exaggerated, generic example of the type of games I had: "Daisy Duke is a hidden character of the game. While it's totally optional to have her, her sword, the Fiery Slasher of Immaculate Awesomeness, is not only the best weapon in the game, but also the only weapon that can properly destroy Nosgarth the Vile. Daisy Duke also has special armor, the Cut-Off shorts of Infinite Sexiness, that can only be obtained by having your character Belinda Carlisle talk to Oslam the Blind. Oslam the Blind only appears once in the game, in the Seven Suns marketplace, which you can visit only once. To get Daisy to join your group, you must first slay Scrotox the Grey, then visit his corpse the next day between 5pm to 5:37pm, and dump the Coffee of Infinite Energy on him. The Coffee of Infinite Energy can only be found underneath the purple cactus in the Jagermeister Caverns. The purple cactus has to be kicked exactly in synch to the song "This Love" by Pantera. This is where you have an option. You can either kick the cactus to the rhythm of "This Love" or kick the cactus in synch to the song "Shout at the Devil" by Motley Crue to get the limited edition Alice in Chains t shirt. Be careful, though, because a bug that many are unaware of is you'll crash the game if you put the Alice in Chains t shirt on Bret Michaels while smoking the red hookah".

Dude, how was I supposed to know ANY of that? The game manual said nothing about any of it, my characters never said "whoa, I bet I could kick the crap out of that cactus!" But now that I know I can have Daisy Duke in my party, I HAVE to have her. So, I have to print off an 8 million page strategy guide, and play with controller in one hand and strategy guide in the other. Playing by the way the strategy guide wants me to play sucked all the fun out of games for me, it became a little stressful, the antithesis of what gaming is supposed to be in my eyes. So, I never looked up Sacred 2 strategy guides or anything about sacred 2, because if the game had hidden easter eggs and I couldn't find them myself, I didn't want to go through the chore of strategy guides. I know the game has a hidden key under a rock or something, but I never found it on my own, so I don't need it.

The key just for the sake of it is to the far south east from Salford on the coastline near the mountain edge I'm pretty sure. It's near a Camp fire and it seems you on a chain quest into a cave. It wouldn't be hard to find if you're someone who tend to clear the entire map but knowing that the rock is clickable might escape your attention. Anyway that's all I remember. Lol

• Like! 1

all done before :D my version is "v 2.65.2 build 1837 en - UK CM Patch 0100 xMas need just some unique armors my game drop always same items :(

You all are great I am started with sacred then I got sacred gold then I got sacred fallen angel gold waiting sacred3 may I was before then 2009!

• 8 months later...

1) According to the site, I joined September 3rd, 2009. I had definitely been stalking the site prior to that, as the PS3 version of Sacred 2 came out on May 11th, 2009.

I love being stalked! :bounce:

More than anything, this is what amuses me most about when people finally do register...that we kind of have a community of unknowns reading and enjoying all the convos and content, and that in fact, this lurker community is usually larger than the posting community by a very large multiple!

:dance:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

I think DarkMatters and SacredWiki are the authorities on the game in the world now

That's how I got here, April 2011 or something. Was looking for info on Sacred 1, but didn't find anything useful until I reached SacredWiki.

1. My profile says Jan 2008..so that must be it.

2. Been a member all that time..even had a period where I left my old clan for this place. But decided to go back home because I missed my old mates.

3. I found Dark Matters due to Sacred...the original one that is. My clan, Clan DA, and Dark Matters were two of the most respected clans back then when Sacred was in it's early times. Both clans also both enjoyed a love of playing hardcore and the camaraderie that it encouraged. It was a natural that our two clans joined an unofficial alliance whereas if any of our members would come online it was accepted that they were part of our..for want of a better word.. "family". It has been a friendship I have always been proud of being a part of. :thumpsup:

• Like! 1
  • 3 years later...

It's Friday and I just finished a loooooong week at work, and feeling so happy to get home to aircondittioning and the forum. Don't know how I found my way to this thread...but what a joy to read, all these memories and voices from so long ago, and so many still here now!

:hugs:

gogo