Does Steam allow MultiPlay for Sacred 2? - Miss Sacred 2, have questions

I am a player who didn't get into the online multiplayer until the year before the servers went down. I fell in love with the campaign and only ever played online for diablo 2. I was heartbroken when ascron went under and the servers went down for the "future release of sacred 3". I'm still holding my breath.

I have a few questions since this is still such a highly active forum (or appears to be so far), I see a lot of mention of steam based play. does steam allow multiplayer for sacred2? does it play games you already have on your system or only ones purchased through it specifically?

is there any other multiplayer platform that people play p2p through?

what is the best way to update my disc version? is the work around for I&Buk for FALLEN ANGELus still viable? do I need to update my version through online sites or is community update sufficient?

how do I get back into multiplayer sacred 2 (classic or I&B) so I can be part of the community again and play my favorite game of all time?

thanks for any replies! I can't wait to get involved!

when I get the answered to the rest of the questions so that I can run fallen angel and Ice and Blood on tunngle I would love to have a regular person to play and chat with. I was looking into the lifetime membership with them since its so cheap. I think the exchange comes out to like $22 US money. does tunngle allow for the UK and USA versions of games to cross play?

• Like! 1

Hi Veracious,

Sorry no one else has responded to your posts yet but t has only been two days. Not everyone is online and logged into this forum 24/7, so there may be some delay before you get replies to a particular question, as the person with the correct answer just isn't available yet.

I used to play a lot of Sacred2 just before and when it first came out but haven't really played that much since, so I am definitely NOT the one to help you. I'm sure someone will be along before too much longer though.

In the meantime, at least I can welcome you to DarkMatters. I hope you find everything you need here. As far as I know, this is still the most active Sacred2 Community. :)

you could try using tungle its a platfor for singleplayer games and it allows you to play over the multiplayer lan feature in every single player games. Also we could establish a time to try and play, as I cannot find anyone to do it over the MP lan, and honestly doing the campaign third time to reach niobium is just as boring :)), but even mmorpgs these days are.

Cheers, my time zone is GMT +2 yours must be USA timezone wich is -7 h from mine :)) depends on the location you live. Let me know when you want to do it.

Hi Veracious,

Sorry no one else has responded to your posts yet but t has only been two days. Not everyone is online and logged into this forum 24/7, so there may be some delay before you get replies to a particular question, as the person with the correct answer just isn't available yet.

I used to play a lot of Sacred2 just before and when it first came out but haven't really played that much since, so I am definitely NOT the one to help you. I'm sure someone will be along before too much longer though.

In the meantime, at least I can welcome you to DarkMatters. I hope you find everything you need here. As far as I know, this is still the most active Sacred2 Community. :)

hey thanks for the reply. those 2 extra comments I made were actually directed at someone who answered me. then suddenly his comment was gone. I don't know what that means, whether its been deleted or if he unjoined the site. thanks for your help tho.

you could try using tungle its a platfor for singleplayer games and it allows you to play over the multiplayer lan feature in every single player games. Also we could establish a time to try and play, as I cannot find anyone to do it over the MP lan, and honestly doing the campaign third time to reach niobium is just as boring :)), but even mmorpgs these days are.

Cheers, my time zone is GMT +2 yours must be USA timezone wich is -7 h from mine :)) depends on the location you live. Let me know when you want to do it.

yea I'm EST I'm from new york. I have to work on getting tunngle. it seems to be the only one people have mentioned in everything I read besides steam. I'm still trying to find out if steam supports only games you buy through it or if a cd version can be imported. I already have steam and wanted to test all the updates before I join tunngle and paid for it. I added you here so I can find you when I do purchase it. money is a bit tight so it might be a week or so. thanks for your reply. now I gotta get some instructions on the update process and how to convert to the UK I&B with my US fallen angel.

The discussion for conversion on doing that its prohibitet on these forums, because it goes in some areas in wich I broke some forum rules, main reason why my previous post was deleted, also tungle its free? Its a free software , you do not have to pay for it. As for steam, I got dissapointed to many times, when I tryied to import a game wich they were selling and allowed to import it thru the main website of that game, that didn't happen and I still had to pay for the game again, just to play it tru steam.

... how to convert to the UK Ice and Blood with my US fallen angel.

Amazon.com sells Sacred2 Gold that has Ice & Blood included. That's where I got my copy. I was having some trouble with my Windows system but eventually got it to install properly. Now I don't play it ... go figure.

... how to convert to the UK Ice and Blood with my US fallen angel.

Amazon.com sells Sacred2 Gold that has Ice & Blood included. That's where I got my copy. I was having some trouble with my Windows system but eventually got it to install properly. Now I don't play it ... go figure.

yea I can't afford to pay for the game a second time unless its the same price as buying the expac. and I am in NY so I need to know if the UK version will work on an american PC/windows?.I read that I&B was never released in the US or for the US version of S2FA. How would I get it to work on my system?

The discussion for conversion on doing that its prohibitet on these forums, because it goes in some areas in wich I broke some forum rules, main reason why my previous post was deleted, also tungle its free? Its a free software , you do not have to pay for it. As for steam, I got dissapointed to many times, when I tryied to import a game wich they were selling and allowed to import it thru the main website of that game, that didn't happen and I still had to pay for the game again, just to play it tru steam.

I don't remember you saying anything in regards to conversion. sorry you got deleted. and tunngle is free yes but for maintenance and updates there is a pay-version. there is a one time pay good-for-life deal going on right now for the release of the latest version. it gives updates indefinitely at no future charge.

and as for steam, that sucks. I hate when they say something is available and then it doesn't work.

thanks for the help.

I wouldn't pay for a software that I won't use the whole of it(basicaly im using 1% of the 99% of what it can offer). So I would recomend in downloading it and we could try to hook up toghether, ive been reading Sopha's Choice for the past 2 days, I think I have more then 10 hours spended in that thread and only read half or even less :)) .

• Like! 1

I wouldn't pay for a software that I won't use the whole of it(basicaly im using 1% of the 99% of what it can offer). So I would recomend in downloading it and we could try to hook up toghether, ive been reading Sopha's Choice for the past 2 days, I think I have more then 10 hours spended in that thread and only read half or even less :)) .

yea definitely. we've been in touch. when I get the details hammered out I'll let you know when I'm up and running. sorry if it takes a while. I'm not that great at computers lol

I could say buy the game to support ascaron , but since they banckrupt, I would say don't buy the game so you won't support the current ones, as I truly hate'm , making this game for consoles. This company (Deep Silver) is doing the same thing happend to Dungeon Siege 1 - 2 were awsome, then came 3 for their stupid xbox one :), and the problem wasn't that it was for consoles, the game itself suked so hard that I wished they would never make a 4'th part. And I think the same thing will hapen to sacred, besides I think Sacred 2 beeing the best of the series compared to Dungeon Siege 2.