Mailyn Bug?

Gilberticus

I started a new character, and just watched Mailyn from the holdup quest behave abnormally; she one hit killed everything around her. I've taken her on a few missions, and she's kicked the snot out of several bosses. This isn't the bug where she tags along after your toon even after you've talked to the husband, I didn't take her to Thylysium due to her new prowess as a combatant. I don't know if ole gal started training for UFC or what :) I'm just curious if anyone else has witnessed Mailyn go all Zena Warrior Princess, or if I'm the first.

Wow.. Never quite seen that. Sounds more like Wonder Woman.. :)

Have you been tweaking any of the game files? That'd be my guess - you may have changed something you probably shouldn't have.

Does she take any damage?

There were some quests that I took and had the npc follow me all over my silver campaign because I was to lasy to finish it, and the fact was that the npc was immortal , didnt do any help in combat but the fact remained I let her take all the agro while I was pwning and slicing before I took the agro :) also it helps to get more mobs around it and use aoes to farm :)).

Edit: I remembered it was the women for the orpheus quest.

Edited by AngelShade

Nope, didn't touch the balance.txt. All I did was change default armor. I think you're the one who made that post, thank you, by the way, it gave me a reason to reinstall Sacred again. But I've never touched any of the other files. I'll have to go and poke around later, not in the right state of mind right now. Someone broke into our house this morning. The messed up part is they didn't take anything, they unplugged my Xbox from the wall and laid all the little components, like the oblong grey power box and the little wireless wifi router thing, all in a nice neat row. I thought at first it was my buddies, but they don't play pranks like that. So, I have to go shoot lightning out my eyeballs, and fireballs out other bod parts for a while, then I'll get back with you on whether any other files have been tweaked

Nope, no files have been tweaked. I have noticed one other thing. When I first downloaded the CM patch, the animations for scythes were off, but now my SW swings his scythe in a realistic fashion. I'm sure I didn't tweak anything there, either, bc I don't know what files I'd even play with to tweak animations

I can't think of anything that may be causing this.

It "may" be a side-effect of the CM patch but then again it may not.

The people from the CM Patch have a page to report things like this

maybe it would be good if you went over and droped them a line or 2

Did you solve the prank ?

Never deal with a dragon for you are crunchy and taste good with katsup

Nope, no files have been tweaked. I have noticed one other thing. When I first downloaded the CM patch, the animations for scythes were off, but now my SW swings his scythe in a realistic fashion. I'm sure I didn't tweak anything there, either, bc I don't know what files I'd even play with to tweak animations

Hmm. The only effect I know of on NPCs in the CM Patch is that they behave better.. They follow you around instead of running ahead of you and doing their best to get killed. This applies to Mailyn as well as the other nearby NPC who wants you to take her to Orpheus' lair.

I'm not really bothered by this, in fact she is becoming quite an enjoyable travel buddy. My thinking is that if this is something I've done to my files, maybe I can duplicate it for others and finally join the ranks on the downloads section.