Food glorious food - What are you eating

Let's post pix of what we cook , buy or are doing with food!

And...here's my first story...

Breakfast!

vxc65u.jpg

Out of a packt for .50 cents, a few veggies bought for 1.00 for four colors, of which I only used a portion, plus some water from a tap and some stirring

Gosh, that pic came out a lot better than I expected

:hugs:

gogo

The problem I have with cooking is I munch too many of the ingredients while cooking. I had a great idea for bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with mozzarella. So, I'm cooking, and thinking "man, that smells good.... ok, one little bite". And you know how it goes, one little bite, one little piece of mozzarella, one shrimp, turns to another, and another, and eventually "well, Jenn,..... I have a mozzarella dipping sauce" or "tonight's dinner..... is broth". I'm a decent cook, when I can keep ingredients out of my mouth long enough to cook them.

• Like! 1

I know that feeling of the challenge of keeping ingredients out of mouth before eating! It means you're cooking well, and deliciously^^

And... those neighbors again... if they keep sending down platters of heaping, delicious, home-made food and chocolate milk...

Schot thinks they are trying to fatten him cuz he's so skinny o_O

i1yzq8.jpg

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I made dinner last night for me and flatmate Zel.

I have been craving veggies and fruits(although I eat fruit at work most of the day), so I went to the Food Lovers Market(a big store that sells all kinds of fresh food and freshly prepared foods and breads, pastries, etc) and loaded up with veggies and fruits.

Started by marinating some cut up chicken breast in lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, a dried herb mix(thyme, oregano, parsley, marjoram, and basil), Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.

Chopped up and sauteed onions and bell peppers(red, green, yellow and orange) in some olive oil, added salt and pepper for seasoning.

post-15332-0-10390900-1387612378_thumb.jpg

Took it out of the pan and started prepping - cutting and blanching(putting it in boiling water to pre-cook and then refreshing it in ice water to stop the cooking) the other veg. Carrots, sweetcorn, baby marrow, cauliflower, broccoli. and I just cut up, but didn't blanch some mushrooms and a pineapple.

Then I quickly sauteed the chicken in the pan, and added the veg along with the mushrooms and half of the pineapple, gave it a quick stir and let it warm while I set the table. I think it looked quite colourful with a cornucopia of colours and flavours!

post-15332-0-46576700-1387613374_thumb.jpg

and for Dessert, I just peeled and cut up some fruit. Apples, mango, the remaining pineapple, kiwi, nectarine, peaches, apricots and Zel donated a few fresh Cherries.

post-15332-0-34903500-1387613663_thumb.jpg

Afterwards my stomach felt very happy, gave a cheer(burp) or 2, and then it was quick clean down, and relaxing with a good book for the rest of the evening.

Delta!

Just woke up a few minutse ago, on the way to the airport, and it's almost 7 00 am. waking up to this burst of color has gotten me into a better mood than a big jug of coffee!

Your food will keep me happy during the wait at the airport as I wait for this blizzard to go away.

Pineapple chicken and veggies is daring, and what a reward with a book!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing too complicated. Garlic salt and sugar plus corn starch and light soya sauce for color. :) As an addition for those particular pork chops, I added a couple of spoonfuls of Korean BBQ sauce. That sauce was of the Kalbi brand, meant for short ribs, I think, and is a tad spicy. Turned out well, though next time I ought a remove some of the other stuff or at least reduce it to bring out the sauce more.

• 2 weeks later...

ribs?

I went shopping with a friend in haitian grocery stores a few days ago, and she picked up some too at butchers on our little shopping trip as well as hot plates of haitian food for us and patties!

Make your ribs spicy?

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ta Dah!

Raw carrots, mashed carrots, butter, sweet potatoes, and ground beef.

Wanted to try it with mash cauliflower, but pretty expensive this time of year

Leftovers here, lots, who want!

gogo

2014-02-03 16.17.21.jpg