Food glorious food - What are you eating

we had a huge pot luck at work...my favorite!

mini samosas, delicious pita dipperies, all kinds of baked goods... food goodness all day long... :oooo:

gogoIMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0374.jpgIMG_0376.jpg

Yes I Have heard of him...

he was  great chef. and he stood up more for the line cook than he did for a glamorous head chef that never got his fingers(or apron) dirty.

• 4 weeks later...

Dmmolisher! Good cyan ya :D
was gonna stay at the start of your post that it was a kind of veggie, vegan all that's good for you sandwich.. but happy to see it topped off with pretty generous bacon my friend..

Good man!

:superman:

gogo

Ya I wrapped 3 layers off bacon around the miched calfmeat, cause its no fat.
Tomatoe, Salad leaves, a Little raw onion, yellow pepper fruit, homemade mayo, homemade Salad dressing,a Pound off miched calf meat + 300 grams bacon slices, dark grain burger buns.
Dont think I can drink my beer after these 2 ...

Edited by D-molisher
Just now, D-molisher said:

Ya I wrapped 3 layers off bacon around the miched calfmeat, cause its no fat.
Tomatoe, Salad leaves, a Little raw onion, yellow pepper fruit, homemade mayo, homemade Salad dressing,a Pound off miched calf meat + 300 grams bacon slices, dark grain burger buns.
Dont think I can drink my beer after these 2,

heh

best thing after something like that's a nap

island_hammock.jpg

:lol:

gogo

Dmo´s lazymans mayo ...

You take the egg from the fridge and the olive oil from your kitchen cabinet (or wherever you store it) and you don’t care about them not having the same temperature. Your mayo still won’t separate. It won’t!

For 1 glass:
1 whole egg
200 ml olive oil (or your preferred mayo oil)
1 teaspoon mustard powder (or mustard)
2-3 teaspoon white wine vinegar
a little bit of salt

THIS IS HOW EASY IT IS:

1. Find your immersion blender and the blender glass.
2. Put all ingredients in the blender glass together. Yes, all! Also the oil!
3. Place your immersion blender so it touches the bottom of the blender glass. Now blend without moving it. You’ll see that you mayo immediately starts emulsifying. Now move your immersion blender up and down a few times to make sure all the oil is absorbed.
4. That’s it, really! Your mayo is done! It doesn’t get any easier than that!

Edited by D-molisher
fat fingers and such engrish mess ...

Danish mayo ...

1 spoon. kapers
1 spoon. carrot
1 spoon. pickled cuecumbers
1 spoon .chives
1 spoon onion
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 spoons. mayo
2 spoons. cremefraise

Now ...
1  Chop onions, vegies and kapers really fine.
2 Mix vegies and kapers with mayo and creme fraise.
3 Add  a little mustard, lemon ,sugar, salt and fresh ground pepper for flavor.

image-45-300x300.png

Danish meatballs ...

1 pound off ground oxe & pig ... ½ and ½

1 big onion fine chopped

1 egg

2 spoons off flour, 1 spoon off wheat oats

1 dl to 1½ dl off milk

2 teaspoons off salt

1 teaspoon off ground pepper

Mix together and set in fridge for ½ an hour

Then use a spoon to make them around 2 spoon fulls in size

Fry on hot pan in danish butter, or whatever you got -> till slightly dark brown In color - then fry on other side ...

Its for 3 normal people, or me alone.
Best served with potatoe salad if summer ...

or potatoes and gravy if Winter

0ddccb598515402a8a7d4d1fcce4aec9.png

Edited by D-molisher
spelling errors and mess

Moms potatoe salad ...

1 pound off boiled and cold potatoes,

1 dl, preferably homemade mayo

2 dl creme fraishe

1 large onion

1 teaspoon curry

1 teaspoon salt

some freash ground pepper, I use around ½ a teaspoon

2 eggs

1 bundle off chives / or ½ a bundle off  radish

chop potatoes in cubes or slices

mix mayo and creme fraishe, then add  fine chopped onion

add curry, pepper and salt and eggs to mix

then add potatoes

and some chives or radishes, fine chopped

put in fridge for atleast 2 hours

then check the taste, if too winpy then add ½ a teaspoon dijon mustard

optional sprinkle with some fresh parselly or  a little chives, just for the look off it ...

Edited by D-molisher
spelling errors and such mess

Took some recipes from my discord, just incase someone wanna try some different.
I hope I got all spelling errors and such away, cause I had to translate them from Danish.

I made the mayo recipe for my sisters, because their mayo would always seperate ….

P.S: Sry all measures are in metric system, I dont know us system -> exept it got some to do with feet / fingers and stones .

Edited by D-molisher
  • Like! 1
3 hours ago, D-molisher said:

Took some recipes from my discord, just incase someone wanna try some different.
I hope I got all spelling errors and such away, cause I had to translate them from Danish.

I made the mayo recipe for my sisters, because their mayo would always seperate ….

P.S: Sry all measures are in metric system, I dont know us system -> exept it got some to do with feet / fingers and stones .

Thanks for the generous cornucopia of delicious dishes, Dmol!

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Dinner last night at my aunt's and uncle's house I haven't seen in a while since their return from Sri Lanka... boy do they get Lasagne and Pizza right.  

Home made pasta AND dough

...with a touch of curry ^^

IMG_0022.jpgIMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

:chef:

Course..u cant arrive hand-empty.. there's this great chain of bakeries around us in Montreal... Moisson D'or... and this one I got stuff at is in the train station right next to where I work.  The deserts are so fresh...  try and take your first bite out with a fork, and it presses the cake down in spongy gooness with a fluffy finish and tarty fruits... kayumbo! :drool:

Love the mini-descriptions of the cakes that are included... experiences ace food

:superman:

gogo

IMG_0025.jpg

56020583298__8232F89F-984A-4D5C-B25A-30CDE1254930.jpg

• Like! 1

Friend brought a pan of these home made to work.  Just-baked, fully, crunchy and chewy all in on bite. Chunky, real-apples all baked to perfection. 

IMG_0064.jpgMY 

:drool:

gogo

• Like! 1

Happy Thanks Giving y'all! Much love to you and all your family and friends as well.  Grew up eating rice and curry, but boy is the stuff the locals here in Mtl serve dang good as well ^^

IMG_0151[1].jpg

What we are eating is to fifty percent what is ripe in the garden. Currently we are covered with quinces. Our 3 trees are overfull. Marmelade, liqueur, baken in oven served with sweet cream, ...

I was seaching the net what else to do with the quinces.

Yesterday: we had a big pan with rice, roasted quinces wedges, carrots, leek, Sauerkraut and diced chicken. A variant of a recipe I found. We were 12 at dish so I used a real big pan and every one could get as much as they wanted. With kids a fine decoration would have been wasted ;)

quitten-haehnchen-pfanne-rezept.jpg

The original recipe in german

https://www.kochbar.de/rezept/450526/Quitten-Haehnchen-Pfanne.html

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

What we are eating is to fifty percent what is ripe in the garden. Currently we are covered with quinces. Our 3 trees are overfull. Marmelade, liqueur, baken in oven served with sweet cream, ...

I was seaching the net what else to do with the quinces.

Yesterday: we had a big pan with rice, roasted quinces wedges, carrots, leek, Sauerkraut and diced chicken. A variant of a recipe I found. We were 12 at dish so I used a real big pan and every one could get as much as they wanted. With kids a fine decoration would have been wasted ;)

quitten-haehnchen-pfanne-rezept.jpg

The original recipe in german

https://www.kochbar.de/rezept/450526/Quitten-Haehnchen-Pfanne.html

+1 on the execution friend..yum yum!

gogo

• 1 month later...

weekend feelgood food thats from Sri Lanka but maybe not as good as mom and dad used to make... but oh so tasty and oh .. so... good...

IMG_1053-COLLAGE.jpg

And no more than a fifteen minute walk away from home.  Ladies and gents we present... Butter Chicken ?Thali and vegetarian Kotta Roti...

KaYUMbo!

:drool:

gogo

• Like! 1

Picked up ten of these last night at the tamil restaurant near me for the staff this morning.  Hot spicy rolls, cut up into portions then toothpicked.  Makes for a hot , spicy mouthfuls to share

Sri Lankan Rolls! Usually either veggie, meat stuffed or with mutton... these are the veggies

IMG_1121.jpg

gogo

We just got back from Ammamma's residence out in Pierrefonds.  Love seeing her...she hit 94 this year :heart:  and my Auntie Kawsella who's this terrific cook always comes up with food packages.  today's had vegetable fried rice, spicy fried pork, curried leek and spicy onion sambol... Kayumbo!

IMG_1235.jpg

gogo