Food glorious food - What are you eating

Easter Dinner with the Family! There was some delicious melt in your mouth curried duck... a first time for me... love when i can get a piece of tender meat in my mouth, but having to go through all that fat and stuff... not sure its my fave thing... at least the stew style my uncle made it ...though full point for his constant cooking bravery he loves trying new meats out... and check out my aunts delicious Brinjol, as we call it, or eggplant... this is a hard, long, tediously tiring dish to make...but when you get it right :drool: ... assorted other curries followed, but the best time is just getting to hang with my cousins, some new GF, my aunts and uncles...all about that vibe :heart:
IMG_0277.jpg

e2cbcf97-e91e-419b-8530-15113f51bc23.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

I've been on a cullinary discovery journey last few months... and have and am going down the rabbit hole aged cheders. Strange right.  Bless the alcohol selling sweet girl at the counter a few months ago whom after I asked what goes good with this pinot noir she promptly responded... Balderson 2 years..i bought it and the entire family was thrilled.

Onwards.. to... three years... 14 bux ?? lol thats the most ive paid for cheese in my life. Worth it ? You betcha... the stuff makes you shiver, what a deep flavor... this is not baby food...specially at these prices anyway... lets see how long this *good stuff* lasts :devil:

IMG_0355.jpg

My Auntie Deepthie and Uncle Roshan are having birthdays with just one day in between... so Uncle just grilled up this platter... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... some people just keep getting food right 

50c12cdc-9b3b-4de7-bb6a-0b747e494bfa.jpg
:bounce: 

gogo

We have wild hop around. It is season for hop shoots/sprouts. They can be used like asparagus. It was a cheap food for hop farmers. Too many hop shoots on a plant resulted in many but weak twigs. So only three were left on a plant. The shoots made a nice food. Today with cooling and faster transport hop shoots made it to noble restaurants and are really expensive.

My wife will do trout with sprouts. Trout from rivelet, sprouts from wild hop near house.

https://www.gone71.com/hop-shoots-hop-asparagus-humulus-lupulus-recipe/

rezept-hauptspeise-warmer-hopfensprossen

48 minutes ago, chattius said:

We have wild hop around. It is season for hop shoots/sprouts. They can be used like asparagus. It was a cheap food for hop farmers. Too many hop shoots on a plant resulted in many but weak twigs. So only three were left on a plant. The shoots made a nice food. Today with cooling and faster transport hop shoots made it to noble restaurants and are really expensive.

My wife will do trout with sprouts. Trout from rivelet, sprouts from wild hop near house.

https://www.gone71.com/hop-shoots-hop-asparagus-humulus-lupulus-recipe/

rezept-hauptspeise-warmer-hopfensprossen

thats looks delish as well! Didnt notice till now that for two weeks in a row was able to pick up asparagus super cheap. Must be in season!

:gogo:

Asparagus season runs second april week till rd week in june here in germany. Hop sprouds end of march till end of april. So yes, asparagus is cheaper here now and tastes better in my opinion because fresher, less transport, less storing.

I prefer food when it is in season. But without a garden and farmers around, don't know.

• Like! 1
On 4/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, chattius said:

Asparagus season runs second april week till rd week in june here in germany. Hop sprouds end of march till end of april. So yes, asparagus is cheaper here now and tastes better in my opinion because fresher, less transport, less storing.

I prefer food when it is in season. But without a garden and farmers around, don't know.

Big fan of asparagus..having on sale as it is now, is tremendous value and taste

aaaand... the veggie market up the street has opened up again...

Huzzah!

gogo