gogoblender

What are you eating

20 hours ago, lujate said:

True. The morning I saw a billboard for a $1 double burger.

Look at the magic of what you just said.  A single dollar for a burger.  That's like a miracle for anyone in less fortunate countries than us... and for us..its the fast road to weight gain and rocketing cholesterol levels :blink: Course... we are what we choose to eat, and a dip every now and then into the maws of fast food won't do anything drastic...I hope :lol:

My latest unbelievable pricing from Mcd's...and this one dropped my jaw...SIX nuggets...for two bucks!

Nuggets here in Canada are monstrously overpriced and, of course, my favorite item...aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:oooo:

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Look at the magic of what you just said.  A single dollar for a burger.  That's like a miracle for anyone in less fortunate countries than us... and for us..its the fast road to weight gain and rocketing cholesterol levels :blink: Course... we are what we choose to eat, and a dip every now and then into the maws of fast food won't do anything drastic...I hope :lol:

My latest unbelievable pricing from Mcd's...and this one dropped my jaw...SIX nuggets...for two bucks!

Nuggets here in Canada are monstrously overpriced and, of course, my favorite item...aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:oooo:

gogo

Agreed. A $1 mass produced burger is an achievement. But like you said, there are other costs.

A quick calculation for a meal with a hungry family at a burger or my favourite rest for truckers shows the trucker rest as a total winner: price, satiation, less waste

The only disadvantage is that it is not central in the city. But if we drive to the city we can rest there on the way in or out.

At the trucker rest I can buy bottles by the litre and not 0,2l glasses. No waste: because steel forks, spoons, glass glasses, ...

A total satiating meal for me is 4,50 Euro. It includes a 0.33 Apfelschorle (apple wine with mineral water) and a Bauernfrühstück. Since a single burger is far from satiating and not really something I like ...Pay more for less

Bauernfrühstück (farmers breakfeast): potato, onions, leek, dices of sausages, bacon, chives all roasted in a pan. Then short before serving add twirled eggs and create something like an omelett. Recipes vary since it was a food made from rests you had. But in my area if you order it at a restaurant it is very close to what I wrote. I would consider the picture below this as a kids dish, at least for my kids ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauernfrühstück

1280px-Bauernfr%C3%BChst%C3%BCck_(2).JPG

Picture from German wiki