Any way to mod the sound.pak file?

So I finally started playing Sacred Underworld with a slight personal modding.

But I ran into a serious setback: how do you edit sound.pak? I found a way to extract all the sound into wav and mp3, but that’s it. These files don’t work like GRN and TGA do.

Also, does Mental Regeneration work on a Dwarf? He starts with 0, so it seams suspicious to put points into it.

Also, does Mental Regeneration work on a Dwarf? He starts with 0, so it seams suspicious to put points into it.

So, to answer my own question, evidently Mental Regeneration does almost nothing on the Dwarf. I would love to get a second opinion on this.

I found an exported character editor, leveled up my old test dwarf to level 50, which gave me 24 skill points. Surveyed all the vital data on CA and stats. Put all those skill points into Mental Regeneration, which was already 5. So I got it up to 29. Then I rechecked the data...

Putting all those points did nothing to dwarf CA, only gave miniscule damage boost to 2 weapons and increased my defense by about 2% (18 points).

:help: Now for another question to you guys: did you happen to experience the firearm sound stoped working after about a minute or two of using the guns? Because I can’t figure out if it’s the game or the soundcard that causes this.

I think Mental Regeneration is set at nil because he doesn't have any CA's that would benefit from it anyway. He's got no spells to speak of.

Dwarf is one character I never played further than the starting town (along with Dark Elf, -sigh- some day I will). Can't recall using his guns much, or having the sound bugging out.

I have no clue how to mod Sacred 1. Everything's all locked up and encrypted.

• 7 months later...

Just posting an old PAK extractor I found to get the data out of sound.pak It also can extract data from models.pak and texture.pak.

You will need about 0.5GB of memory space for all the files in the sound.pak

Sorry, but it seams to be in Russian. Its easy to understand (Select PAK file, Select Export directory folder, Push button - wait). May require administrator rights.

I know for a fact it works on Win7 and XP to extract Sound.pak data on both ENG and RUS versions of the file.

PakExtractor for Sound.rar

• Like! 1

Thanks. That tool might be some use for some of my Sacred 2 mods.

Here's the million-dollar question though, can the data be repacked with the tool (if you were modding S1)?

Here's the million-dollar question though, can the data be repacked with the tool (if you were modding S1)?

With this one as it is? No

You can replace the TGA and GRN files more directly by just placing them into the PAK folder. But as for the sound files - I had no such luck.

• 6 months later...