Reaper of Souls - Coming March 25th 2014

Max heya!

Great news about the release!~

I think it's because your post is reaching the maximum number of links per post the software allows

Can you replace a link in your sig with the one you want to post and see if that work?

:)

gogo

At least they are returning the Paladin in somewhat good condition back into the game as the Crusader.

Wish they would bring back the Druid as well. :sob:

My leeching fury werewolf was my favorite!! He solo'd users. Damn, good times those were.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I wasn't able to play this game since the demo was released, first because I moved to an area without broadband, and later because I couldn't afford to buy it. My roommate got it last week and let me install it my computer so I can play it whenever he's not on.

It's certainly a different experience from the old Diablo 2. My main impression is that it was too easy, but that's only because the highest difficulty you can choose is "Hard" (LOL) until you beat the campaign once. Starting a new character on "Master" seems to be about equivalent to the balance of D2. Even so, the game showers you with rare, legendary and set items, so it's impossible to fail.

I made a Crusader first and took him through the game, having a total blast. Now I've started a Monk. Altogether a really satisfying and addictive experience. However, due to the total lack of customization I foresee the lustre wearing off once I've tried all the characters once. No need to make more than one Barbarian, for instance, since all Barbarians end up identical.

I liked Acts 3 and 4 the most, because of the high involvement of angels and the High Heavens which I always found so interesting. Really scratched the "lore" itch that I've always had for the universe of Sanctuary too.

• Like! 1

I loved this add on! I actually really loved Diablo 3. I was tortured by the HC in it for a loooooooooong time... eventually had to give it up.

It's gambling

Sure it felt great when I was a kid and just learned how to get online, post in forums and join up with peeps way back when Sacred 2 came out, but now, with all that time invested into a constantly accruing risk element that can just go "poof!" in a misguided moment or sweaty eyeball blink, I actually get pretty terrified of the loss.

This risk is just fantastic though. The game is polished, SO optimised, and the effects are just terrific... so many CA's, and they are so so different from each other!

Loved the voice acting and the humor

Never played the earlier Diablo incarnations, so dont really have that shared reference point that others do.... maybe this is why I loved this game so much?

Do you play with others Flix?

gogo

I loved this add on! I actually really loved Diablo 3. I was tortured by the HC in it for a loooooooooong time... eventually had to give it up.

It's gambling

Sure it felt great when I was a kid and just learned how to get online, post in forums and join up with peeps way back when Sacred 2 came out, but now, with all that time invested into a constantly accruing risk element that can just go "poof!" in a misguided moment or sweaty eyeball blink, I actually get pretty terrified of the loss.

This risk is just fantastic though. The game is polished, SO optimised, and the effects are just terrific... so many Combat Arts, and they are so so different from each other!

Loved the voice acting and the humor

Never played the earlier Diablo incarnations, so dont really have that shared reference point that others do.... maybe this is why I loved this game so much?

gogo

The problem isn't that you didn't play Diablo 2, it's that you weren't there for the d3 auction house fiasco. They turned the game into a pay to win and the cost of gold trade was in the billions. Plus there's like zero patrolling of bots which made the worth of gold even lower forcing non daily players to suffer the loss of trading ability fir any kind of upgrade that would allow you to advance in the original game. The expantion probably fixed a lot of these issues especially since they removed the auction houses both real money and gold. They revamped the loot system which was garbage before. But most of us were so turned off by the meat market release of the initial game we didn't buy the expac.

No, it's just designed to be addictive, with every single move just being amazing, new moves being unlocked at regular intervals, and tons of cool loot raining down on you (at least with the latest version). I think as you said, it's extremely polished and optimized, almost to a fault.

As a general rule, no. It's too nerve-wracking.

also still returning to diablo 3 ros, especially after each patch..

they've been constantly working on this game, and I like what they did with it..

some of the 'big' patches almost felt more like real 'expansions', great thing they were free (except RoS itself, ofc)

only the beginning was very frustrating for me from what I remember, I remember hitting max level and then I was kinda stuck and didn't want to play anymore, since the gap from 'normal' difficulty modes to 'torment' was just to big for me,

you could only pass it by either investing real money into the action house or investing hundreds/thousands of hours of 'work' ..

with the removal of the AH and the addition of adventure mode, rifts, paragon levels etc, it has become soo much more enjoyable again, very addictive, and it always feels like you can still make fast and constant progress (at least if you only play for a few hours per day/week ;) )

can't wait for the 2.3 patch when they will add loads of changed legendaries, some new sets and ofc Kanai's cube, to add more build diversity..

now I'm just waiting for a revamp/improvement for the story mode.. any chances this will every happen ? :)

• Like! 1