Sacred 2 Dev team Easter - Egg quest

Veracious

Back when the multi-player servers were up I found the quest that involved all the people through out Anaemia with the ! Over them that used to say something like "if you're thinking what I'm thinking..." and "you really must see the toads in..." Because the servers went down I never git to complete it, much yo my disappointment.

Has anyone completed that quest ever? I read that it had some cool rewards. Just curious if anyone else had taken the ample time it required and attempted it.

Cheers

• Like! 1

Yes, it works fine in single player, and worth doing at least once. Your reward is a cool one-handed hammer and a lot of XP.

You might need to print out a map to keep track of where all of them are located, and who you already talked to. The last guy is located right before the two final boss fights. And in the end it’s the most depressing quest in the game.

Think you can handle Sacred 2’s most EPIC quest?

This quest bugs me actually. Because with the CM Patch, if you come near one of the employees, then a blue quest circle appears in their location, and it doesn't go away. So even if you're not doing the quest, you HAVE to talk to them if you don't want your map cluttered up with hundreds of blue quest circles. For a long time I kept thinking it was part of my class quest because of the blue color.

What's that you say? "Sure maybe it's annoying if you're not doing the quest, but that would be super useful if you were actually doing the quest, then you could find the ones you'd already encountered!" Nope, once you start the quest then all the blue circles disappear, and you have to hunt them all down again from memory or look up a walkthrough.

I feel like I read somewhere that the CM patch changed the quest so it behaves this way. I wish they hadn't.

Lmao its funny because after the fifth npc I encountered with a blue circle I realized what was happening. I was only level 16 n knew I had never started that quest. Yea that could definietly function better. It would be cool if starting the quest highlighted everyone everywhere instead of needing a printed map. They already have the circles built in hahaha

Back when the multi-player servers were up I found the quest that involved all the people through out Anaemia with the ! Over them that used to say something like "if you're thinking what I'm thinking..." and "you really must see the toads in..." Because the servers went down I never git to complete it, much yo my disappointment.

Has anyone completed that quest ever? I read that it had some cool rewards. Just curious if anyone else had taken the ample time it required and attempted it.

Cheers

We did this once in HC with everyone on the server.

Pretty epic, and we had to break up into teams of two because some of the ares were heavy dangerous, and ...in hc one slip is all it takes.

Yeah, it was memorable, and that hammer, in Hc was a sweet gift

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

"...but that would be super useful if you were actually doing the quest, then you could find the ones you'd already encountered!" Nope, once you start the quest then all the blue circles disappear, and you have to hunt them all down again from memory or look up a walkthrough.

Actually those CM blue quest circles can be very helpful in the quest.

When you start the actual search for the people, those blue circles disappear because they now count as failed quests. You can now enable "completed quests" on the map screen to see them all in red (if you didn't fail any quests). This includes all the quest people, whether you ran past them or not.

You will still need a checklist or map to help you on your journey.

• Like! 1

"...but that would be super useful if you were actually doing the quest, then you could find the ones you'd already encountered!" Nope, once you start the quest then all the blue circles disappear, and you have to hunt them all down again from memory or look up a walkthrough.

Actually those CM blue quest circles can be very helpful in the quest.

When you start the actual search for the people, those blue circles disappear because they now count as failed quests. You can now enable "completed quests" on the map screen to see them all in red (if you didn't fail any quests). This includes all the quest people, whether you ran past them or not.

You will still need a checklist or map to help you on your journey.

So you're saying don't talk to them during the course of normal play? Or will they show in red regardless? I'm not understanding the strategy completely.

So you're saying don't talk to them during the course of normal play? Or will they show in red regardless? I'm not understanding the strategy completely.

It doesn’t matter if you talked to them or not (though what they say is fun to read). It just makes their exclamation mark and circle disappear from the map. And it wont affect the quest in any way.

When you flip the switch in the jungle, find the special cave north of T-energy fields and talk to Heiko tom Felde, that’s when you really start the quest. At that moment all the blue circles “disappear” from the map / become autofail red. That’s when you need to start searching for these people, and if you talk to any of them again or new, they will teleport into the cave.

It doesnt matter if you talked to them or not (though what they say is fun to read). It just makes their exclamation mark and circle disappear from the map. And it wont affect the quest in any way.

When you flip the switch in the jungle, find the special cave north of T-energy fields and talk to Heiko tom Felde, thats when you really start the quest. At that moment all the blue circles disappear from the map / become autofail red. Thats when you need to start searching for these people, and if you talk to any of them again or new, they will teleport into the cave.

Yea I remember the beginning of the quest. I just wasn't sure how the CM affected it. Cool thanks. So its good for everyone out in the open then u just need the map for the ones hiding pretty much:)

I remember almost completing the quest when I first played Sacred 2 but I never actually got to the very end ... I had to keep starting over because of new updates. :(

Ouch. Thats terrible hahaha

Ouch. Thats terrible hahaha

It was, especially since the updates were 12+ GB each. :(

I started the quest not long before the servers went down. So I missed out too lol. Maybe I'll try again when I level a decent toon. Wish more people played multi-player. Angelshade n I played once but we're in two different time zones. Its hard to meet up.

What time zone are you in? I'm in -5 but sometimes keep weird hours ... like tonight. If I stay up much longer it will be tomorrow!

I also have Sacred 2 on the PS3 and Sacred 2 Gold on the PC, so you have your choice ... I must warn you though, I haven't really played since Ascaron went out of business, too depressed that my favorite game company was no more. I will have to learn all over again ... maybe that's why I was buried in a cave near the NW corner of the map. :wacko:

Yeah, well, Spock;

that happens when you're beta-testing a game. ;)

I've never done this quest in MP before, mainly because I had some problems with a certain clan when the servers were up; afterwards I wasn't in a mood to play this game at all and by the time I was, the servers were down.

Did it in SP once and liked the reward; though I can't remember which char I used to do the quest. :blush:

Thorin :)

What time zone are you in? I'm in -5 but sometimes keep weird hours ... like tonight. If I stay up much longer it will be tomorrow!

I also have Sacred 2 on the PS3 and Sacred 2 Gold on the PC, so you have your choice ... I must warn you though, I haven't really played since Ascaron went out of business, too depressed that my favorite game company was no more. I will have to learn all over again ... maybe that's why I was buried in a cave near the NW corner of the map. :wacko:

I'm -5 also. EST? I'm in N.Y. I have pc patched to CM

I'm -5 also. EST? I'm in N.Y. I have pc patched to CM

I live just south of you a ways, in Maryland. I don't have CM though. I thought it might be more appropriate to relearn how to play the standard game first before trying any Mods.

Unfortunately, the website I've been trying to get going has been taking almost all my time. :(

• Like! 1

So far the cm just seems to have a lot of convenient features. I dont use any extra mods. It doesnt effect how you play really. You'd be relearning the same stuff. I only started again a week ago. Seems pretty much tge same to me except some convenience things like you dont need to be at a portal to teleport anymore. U can just click one on the world map. N every region with a boat is set to open buy default . Nothing confusing

It should just be labeled CM patch in the downloads page of this site. Under the ice n blood heading. I'm on my phone not at my computer so I can't link it I dont think. There should be 2 files. One for the patch n one for the chat box hot-fix.