Problems Re - Installing Sacred 2 Ice & Blood

I just reinstalled Sacred 2 Gold+Ice and Blood. But now there is no exe to run the game in the deep silver folder. Only an updater and it tells me my version is up to date. Took a pretty long time to install this and set everything up wirth the patches and I`m a little annoyed. Here are the steps I did.

I installed Fallen angel that came with the download

I installed patch 2.40

I installed patch 2.43

I installed Ice and Blood

Now I have no way to run the game. I installed only fallen angel yesterday and used my code to activate only that because it`s been a few years since I had the game on my system and I forgot the patching process to update it to ice and blood. I uninstalled that installation and started fresh doing the steps above but I never had the chance to use my activate code or launch the game. How can I launch the game now with no exe? Do I honestly have to reinstall this all over again?

I bought the game through this website back in 2011. It was handled by dlgamer and cost 25 bucks. I saved the original download from dlgamer to an external storage drive so I wouldn`t have to download it again waiting hours and hours at 300kps.

I have uninstalled the game and tried installing it again like 4 times today and every time it finishes installation but there is no launcher for the game. Yesterday I installed fallen angel from the saved download and I entered the from my recipt email I got when I bought it and it worked. But I didn`t install ice and blood because I forgot I had to patch the game before installing that.

So today I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and patched it and installed ice and blood and when it was done there was no launcher button in the deep silver folder and no option to activate the installation. So I have browsing some of the bug forums and I uninstalled it again and deleted the user data for securerom and the userdate from the securerom registry and am going to attempt this again. This is getting old!

I bought the original sacred2 game when it was new and I have the discs sitting right next to me. But the original game installs the game under an ascaron entertainment folder and the gold edition with ice and blood ships with a game that installs under the deep silver folder. So I have to install ice and blood with the version that comes with the download because it won`t update the ascaron version of sacred2. I am hoping this attempt will let me activate and install a launcher.

It`s not present at all. The game installs just don`t have an option to activate it and no exe to launch the game. I just finished installing fallen angel and ran the 1 gig patch. going to run the other patch and install ice and blood again to see if anything changed.

I am also pretty sure that yesterday when I installed fallen angel, after the game installed it had a launch game option when you hit finish. I am not getting that option now.

Edited by Hammerhorde

It`s not present at all. The game installs just don`t have an option to activate it and no exe to launch the game. I just finished installing fallen angel and ran the 1 gig patch. going to run the other patch and install ice and blood again to see if anything changed.

I am also pretty sure that yesterday when I installed fallen angel, after the game installed it had a launch game option when you hit finish. I am not getting that option now.

U downloaded the 2 separately? Gold should have had the two together to the last patch.

You gotta be freaking FECAL MATTER!ting me! Yeah it`s there. Strange thing is that it does not make a desktop icon and when you look for it by hitting the start and selecting the deep silver folder , it`s empty. So I pretty much uninstalled and reinstalled like 4x for nothing. Well that is good news at least. Ice and blood just finished installing and am going to patch it to 2.65 so I can add the cm patch to it again like I had it setup years ago. Here is hoping it works now.

• Like! 1

U downloaded the 2 separately? Gold should have had the two together to the last patch. U can try redownloading from deepsilver n using your key on that. Edited by Veracious

No the download from dlgamer came with both fallen angel install file and an ice and blood install file. You gotta install fa first then run 2 patches before you can install ice and blood. I forgot about that. I thought just running fa would install the updated game with the expansion.

Yeah, looking on the desktop and start menu is not the same as actually checking the installation folders. It made me wince to hear about so many consecutive reinstalls, that were probably unnecessary, so I just wanted to make sure you were actually looking in the file folders. Let us know if everything is working smoothly.