Why Sacred 1 wiki quest are worse than other sources?

Now that my videocard finally died and I’m still in discussion with a friend on getting a new PC, I have all the time in the world to play Sacred Underworld in all its glory. While enjoying this classic RPG, I naturally ran into questions about some of the quests. But when I went to look it up on the wiki, this was usually the response.

I went looking for answers elsewhere, a low and behold ended up on Wolfe’s Lair with this. And to a lesser extend with a 2 walls of text for everything on gameFAQ.

To compare:

Wiki - Wolfie

Wiki - Wolfie

So, anybody tried getting in contact with these people to get this data for the wiki?

And what is our stance on plagiarism?

I don't know why Sacred 1 info is so lacking. Maybe it just never got filled in because Sacred 2 was new and took precedence, but also I noticed Timotheus mentioned recently that it looked like a lot of info got lost, maybe from when the Wiki was down, or for some other reason.

Around 2006-2007 I remember heavily using Wolfe's Lair for its quest walkthroughs (at least I think that was the site, I remember a wiki-like site with detailed walkthroughs for Underworld). Regardless, looking at it now I agree there is a ton of valuable info and great work done there.

I can't find the thread but it wasn't that long ago that I think Lisa gave permission to use Wolfe's Lair content on SacredWiki. I think the situation is this though: she's not actively maintaining the site, I think Spock is actually hosting it himself. And, until Wolfe's Lair is actually ready to be taken down, Gogo and Schot don't want to start to using the content on the Wiki.

About plagiarism - I would assume it's a big NO.

• Like! 1

It's pretty much what

Flix said

When the wiki came out, we were just fooling around with software. Katran, a mod here, showed us how easy it was to put info via ez to find free software, and from there Schot plunged in and set up SacredWiki.

Wolfe's lair had been out for years at that time, and had completely re conceptualized the idea of quest guides. We used a lot of that very detailed story book style when me and Schot pulled an overnigher and did the Can Christmas still be Saved quest. wonderfully readable style, but huge hog on site resources...still dont regret a single mb of it :bounce:

We had started putting up in in the first wiki when we were putting together the style guidelines etc and actually designing how we wanted to work with everyone here on finally documenting everything everyone was talking about.

When Beta for Sacred 2 was released, almost all work on the early wiki stopped, but we do get the occasional helper. It's aproject that lies there, and we do see it getting completed one day, if just for the sake of "completion"

Wolfe Lair is currently being hosted by Spock on his site, and we have offered to help if he can't host it anymore, and we can host it entirely untouched as a kind of story testimony to this game's history.

We're unable to actually pull anything from Wofle's Laire without it being plagiarism and with google penalizing the data, but if anyone wants to contribute their own work to the first wiki, that's good.

:)

gogo

We had considered that a while back, and put in a link to her site in our sites section on the wiki. Reason why we stopped putting links to other sites about sacred is because they all died, and we had to keep re -editing for guides, references.... even the entire sif is gone now and moved

We consider the wiki secured, and darkmatters

and if anyone wants, they can create a guide in darkmatters as a topic to connect to places that are still hosting info besides us

:)

gogo

Also, feel free to contribute to the S1 wiki so that it does a better job of being a guide.

Exactly that!

How many quests were there in the old wiki anyway, like less than two hundred?

:lol:

gogo

Just finished linking all the Sacred 1 quests to Wolfies lair. :cstars:

Now every quest has a link in the notes section, which opens the Wolfies Lair description of the quest. Tested each and every link – all works as intended. All the links are named the same “Alternative description on Wolfe's Lair” in case somebody will run an all website script search.

While adding links to every quest, made some minor touch ups here and there: removed a couple of dead picture links, fixed the obviously incorrect number of quests per area and some minor grammar corrections.

Sadly, most of the data is empty. Even the main quests are practically barren.

Very impressive. This is the next best thing to filling in the pages.

• Like! 1