Yet another Shadow Warrior build thread

Sleek

For this build I have in mind your typical no-nonsense juggernaut type of character, which I plan to power through all the way to niobium where I intend to get 100% map completion an side quests, so keep in mind that I will spend most of my time on this difficulty. I want to dislodge my axe from skulls and laugh, I want enemies to hit me and still laugh and I want to ride a hell gorilla and, you guessed it, laugh.

First things first, skills:

1) Tactics Lore

2) Armor Lore

3) Hafted Weapons Lore

4) Death Warrior Focus

5) Concentration

6) Malevolent Champion Focus

These first skills are pretty self-explanatory, and I plan to take them in that order.

7) Toughness

8) Constitution

I want to start on silver difficulty, I figure I won't need that much survivability so early on in the game. Toughness is there to complement Armor Lore since one skill gives a flat bonus and the other a % bonus. Constitution I plan on raising to 75 for that sweet combat HP regen.

9) Speed Lore - The bonus % for attack and defense that comes after bonuses from gear and other skills. Items that give a bonus to attack and defense could be swapped for other, more worthy bonuses. Also I hate missing attacks.

10) Blacksmithing - I figure I'll get it to 152, don't know if I'll use a blacksmithing suit or not.

As for stat distribution I might go str 60/ vit 40 or 50/50.

I think selecting gear 'to hit' is better than speed lore. -evasion and %chance opponent cannot evade are the powerful mods.

I would take enhanced perception or combat discipline

That is exactly why I would take speed lore claudius, so I could open up my gear options and not be limited to those options you mentioned in your reply, although I was going to go for %chance opponent cannot evade. Also I don't want any evade so I can reflect the hits I take with Reflective Emanation and enhance my dps.

I didn't go for combat discipline because I don't see the need for it on a SW. For bosses I plan to use Rousing Command and Killing Spree in a single combo, 2 Demonic Blows in one combo, an Augmenting Guidon and a Frenzied Rampage. I don't think I need more tbh.

That is exactly why I would take speed lore claudius, so I could open up my gear options and not be limited to those options you mentioned in your reply, although I was going to go for %chance opponent cannot evade. Also I don't want any evade so I can reflect the hits I take with Reflective Emanation and enhance my dps.

I didn't go for combat discipline because I don't see the need for it on a SW. For bosses I plan to use Rousing Command and Killing Spree in a single combo, 2 Demonic Blows in one combo, an Augmenting Guidon and a Frenzied Rampage. I don't think I need more tbh.

As Chattius mentioned all the CA's have a big base attack rating boost. The boost doesn't show in the inventory display, which is stupid, but it's there. The other thing is all it takes is a couple rings with "%chance opponent cannot evade" and it will do wonders, far larger increases to chance to hit than several hundred attack rating. And that defense bonus that Speed Lore probably won't be worth too much for this build either. Even if you do take some hits, you're massively protected against it with Armor Lore, Toughness and Constitution, not to mention Grim Resilience and Reflective Emanation (hmm... you wanted to get hit anyway right, so Speed Lore's defense would work against that).

You can't put the same Combat Art into a combo twice, so a two Demonic Blow combo isn't going to work. In defense of Combat Discipline, it directly boosts the damage of all Combat Arts.

You might also consider Spell Resistance. There are certain damage attacks (DoT, Life Leech) that Armor doesn't protect against, not to mention curses and debuffs. Grim Resilience's willpower boost provides a good spell resistance but the Spell Resistance skill's mastery is especially useful to reduce Poisoning, Weakening, Slow, etc.

• Like! 1

Yeah, while I don't consider combat discipline to be the most crucial skill to have and have at times threw other skills in its place depending on character class, I happen to think even less of speed lore for the very fact my SW can already hit hard and often without it. I consider the reduction in regeneration (especially at mastery when the reduction becomes 20%) when placed in a combo slot and damage boost all around to be more useful to me than speed lore's attack and defence boost. That, and I can live with the SW's awkward run speed along with the fact the hellhound can't decide whether to be a gorilla or a frog. :P

That's great that you are opening up your gear slots. I just think 'to hit' is done very efficiently with socketing. Combat discipline gives 10% recharge and an extra slot to combo. Enhanced Perception gives better gear.

You cannot socket the benefit of EP and CD but you can socket speed lore.

Still I am glad you are trying something different.