D3 - it sold for how much?!

I got lucky once and found a recipe for making a set called Cain's Fate. I've been playing again recently and have been messing around w/ crafting. I've been making multiples of the same item trying to max out my "magic find". I decided to sell all the duplicates in the auction house. Check out how much one of them sold for!!! My guess is they wanted it for the "find gold" mod.

1700000auctionhouse.jpg

Needless to say, I'll be flooding the market until the auction house closes!!!

I wish it was real money! I think it's still open. As I recall, both real money and gold auction houses close in March.

They added the requirement of having an authenticator to use the real money auction and I had no desire to get one.

• Like! 1

Lucky find :) People love that one because of the final set bonus of +30% experience, it's great for helping get those toons quickly to level 60. You could have sold the plan itself for on the order of 1.2billion based on the price I just checking in the gold auction house (or US$72.99 on the real money auction house). By authenticator, you may be able to just use a mobile phone app for it, but I'm not so sure since I haven't tried to sell anything for real money.

• Like! 1

Omgod, all this time the D3 sales arena wars keep cliimbing and climbing...I'd forgotten how much traction this game had and still has... and that from some mistakes they'd made when the game was released, how easy it could/would be for a big company like them to find the right way to keep the game compelling.

Masteff, what level r yer toons now in game?

R u playing regularly?

:)

gogo

It's interesting how my interaction w/ the auction house has changed my playing this time around.

I realized that low level blue and yellow items were better to be broken into their crafting components for sale. A blue item might sell in-game for 100-400 gold but it's crafting component might sell in the AH for 800-1200. But... after I had several hundred of the two lowest level crafting components, I started crafting armor for myself. When you have hundreds of components, you can make multiple of the same item to see what modifiers you get. So then I tried selling the extras in the auction house and made more money than if I'd sold components alone. BUT I only made money because it's the set item w/ extra modifiers (I tried selling some yellow chest armor I experimented with and it was not profitable). I have another green item listed right now that's gone over a million gold, can't wait to see what it closes at!!

I've been playing two toons.

I've been running Hell Act 4 in the public games w/ my level 60-6 wizard. I've pretty much decided I don't like Inferno enough to try to get all the way thru it. So I've just been grinding Act 4 for drops.
My other toon is a "new" wizard. He's up to level 36 but I've only been running in normal to focus him on collecting crafting components. I've been maxing out his "magic find".

I also have one or two toons strictly for muling and the auction house. I've actually been buying really cheap blues and yellows in the AH and then breaking them down into components, so I have one toon just for that.

Edited by masteff
  • Like! 1

Yeah, I've done a bit of crafting recently to upgrade gear as I levelled, it sure can beat what drops, but it's also very much pot luck! I would have thought that the better drops/mob density and associated experience with even just running Act 1 inferno at MP1 would be better than running Act 4 hell. The monsters are more likely to drop level 63 gear in inferno than hell making it more likely you will find something you can actually sell.

• Like! 1

Difficulty, Inferno with monster power varying, I've just run a new demon hunter up to 60 and it's currently ok with monster power 5 or 6, but if I can upgrade the gear some more it's looking like it could go higher. Of course that depends on me getting a very lucky drop or finding something I can sell for money to buy an upgrade... So I could be waiting a while...!