New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

I have a few questions. I've seen mods that add tatts and things like that, I was wondering if anyone considered making the SW look a little more decomposed, like having a little bit of bone/muscle poking through. Dude's fresh from the grave, right?

First thing I thought of:

Dragon-Age-Origins-Awakening-Justice-Tra

I've never considered it but I like the idea. Would just mean altering the textures to make him look undead.

I also removed my staring equipment, and wondered if anyone considered making a lower-body-only set for the SW and DM, like making legs and boots so OP that they compensated for the lack of arm and torso armor. With the DM, it seems like a little bit of a shame to cover up all of his body art. And with the SW, that's a man that IMO would get a chuckle out of making his pecs bounce at his enemies , the whole intimidation factor, insult added to injury as he's chopping you up.

Well, no, making OP pieces just for the lower body doesn't make sense because nothing's stopping anyone from still wearing upper body pieces along with it. What makes more sense is making some upper body pieces that are ultra-minimalistic, bare skin, or even just tattoos...though the skin color shade chosen at character creation would have to match, otherwise he would have uneven skin colors making him look a bit like Frankenstein's monster (hey that could work for the Shadow Warrior though).

That makes sense about the armor. What about a transparent set? I saw one of those sets in a game, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. It was called something like ethereal armor, it looked like how the shadow warrior looks when he turns invisible. You could make out the outline of the armor, but you could still see the skin underneath.

• Like! 1

That makes sense about the armor. What about a transparent set? I saw one of those sets in a game, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. It was called something like ethereal armor, it looked like how the shadow warrior looks when he turns invisible. You could make out the outline of the armor, but you could still see the skin underneath.

Ethereal armor, now that's interesting. Though IIRC in Sacred 2 the skin doesn't continue to exist when armor is placed on the body, that chunk of the body is replaced by the armor model.

I'll keep all that in mind, transparent armor, bare chested, and undead look. Not added to the list just yet.

You could add transparency to the texture itself, and then make it so the armor doesn’t disable the body part drawing underneath it.

We pulled it of with default items here, should be posible to do the same for spesific items also.

Edited by SX255

make it so the armor doesn’t disable the body part drawing underneath it.

say-what-nc.png

I thought we acheived that effect of removing the default gear by, well, removing it (game no longer has any equipment there) not making it invisible or transparent.

make it so the armor doesn’t disable the body part drawing underneath it.

I thought we acheived that effect of removing the default gear by, well, removing it (game no longer has any equipment there) not making it invisible or transparent.

I forgot I pulled that one off already. I beive you only need to remove the FLAG_EQUIPCUT from the right item in “itemtype.txt”

You got to love Ascaron standardization – took me only 10 minutes to figure it out.

To remove the default torso like all other armors, you need to modify the “itemtype.txt” located in normal “\scripts\shared” folder.

First make a backup copy of the file – if you mess it up, game over.

Open the itemtype.txt in text editor (XP Notepad will not cut it, so try WordPad)

Search for “n_sera-iron-torso”. Just a few line above it should be

flags = "FLAG_EQUIPCUT + FLAG_BLACKBACK + FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",

Now go back to the beginning of the file and search for “c_sera-angeldust-torso”. The flags for it will not have “FLAG_EQUIPCUT”.

What you need to do is add the “FLAG_EQUIPCUT + ” to all items that use “c_sera-angeldust-torso.GR2”. There should be about 6 of these in the file (don’t know why). This fixed the crazy clipping on my end.

• Like! 1

.. add the “FLAG_EQUIPCUT + ” to all items that use “c_sera-angeldust-torso.GR2”. There should be about 6 of these in the file (don’t know why). This fixed the crazy clipping on my end.

This sounds like a bit of a bug really, do you mean to say that the default game should actually have this flag for those items?

If so, then it should be in the CM patch..

.. add the “FLAG_EQUIPCUT + ” to all items that use “c_sera-angeldust-torso.GR2”. There should be about 6 of these in the file (don’t know why). This fixed the crazy clipping on my end.

This sounds like a bit of a bug really, do you mean to say that the default game should actually have this flag for those items?

If so, then it should be in the CM patch..

No, I don't think so. In this case his advice was for a user who was having bad clipping because they had swapped some models around for personal use.

• Like! 1

Possible sure. Pesmontis actually just sent me a big ol' evil looking battle staff model. I can probably make it black and put some glowing runes on it.

Also, Flix, I remember you toying with the idea of Star Wars armor. At the time, I was slightly skeptical, since all I could picture was Storm Trooper armor. But I've looked online, I've found Star Wars sketches where the armor is about as far from space-aged as you can get. I've never posted links before, I hope this works, because this ole boy looks like someone you're not going to find in a pet store looking at the new baby bunnies and chinchillas.

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy211/Radiwalker/SWRP/Darth_Grenth_by_Nygenn.jpg

• Like! 1

Wow, with so many things coming out and being worked on, I now feel strange giving thoughts and brain-storms, you guys have a Ton of stuff on your plates. I do have one question. The pose that the H.E is doing above the Breastplate of expansion stat box...... is that specific to that armor? I'm just curious, because I've never seen her do that in-game before.

Wow, with so many things coming out and being worked on, I now feel strange giving thoughts and brain-storms, you guys have a Ton of stuff on your plates. I do have one question. The pose that the H.E is doing above the Breastplate of expansion stat box...... is that specific to that armor? I'm just curious, because I've never seen her do that in-game before.

We're working on stuff every day, and it's a lot of items in the works, but ideas are still welcome. Just don't get hopes too high for every single one.

That's one of the High Elf's idle animations when she's unarmed (empty weapon slot). It's been immortalized on the set page for Celdrahil's Pandemonium.

• Like! 1

So much awesome in this thread :) Are these models being created from scratch or tweaked from other games?

And the roman legion helmet, is that HE only or is there a version for each class?

And finally, how does the shield damage compare to a ring with damage x-x on it. Or should it be comparable to a similar level weapon in damage?

• Like! 1

Models: I'm pretty sure the black leather is adapted from Talia al Ghul's outfit from a Batman game. The rest...I dunno, Pesmontis sent them to me, and he's got various methods...with my low skill level with 3D modeling it's like wizardry to me when he creates something.

Galea: Is a High Elf-only helmet, forgot to say that.

Shields: Right now, my intention is for the damage to be comparable to a base damage ring of the same level. I may have to tweak some numbers to achieve that and get it to scale just right. If I'm ever able to figure out how to use a shield as a weapon, then the damage will be comparable to weapon damage of the same level.

Edited by Flix

Wow! You definitely have a great bunch of high-quality additions in the works. That leather set for High Elf is already enough to make me want to try your mod when it is finished. That's not to mention that getting new sets for poor DM is a very attractive prospect (is was always quite sad that getting good armor for him was harder than for the others simply because he had less such armor made for him). And item stats look good either (many user-made items tend to be overpowered game-breakers, but your versions don't seem over-the-top).

My personal request would be for more unique lightsabers, CM-patch style (I mean, willpower based, as lightsabers are in CM). There was such request already, but I wanted to say that I'm seconding it. I know, many people don't welcome tech stuff in game, but lightsabers are already present and quite noticeable, so adding a bit more should not hurt. Besides, Star Wars is not hardcore sci-fi, but science fantasy that fits OK with both genres (after all, Sacred 1 had lightsaber-wielding Ice Elves who didn't seem out of place). After CM changed these swords to willpower, it opened more possibilities for builds. For example, I ran a Jedi seraphim built aroung NIFs and Warding Energy buff. She was fun to play, but undertaking a certain quest and bothering Frank each time I wanted to upgrade my weapons... *facepalm* With more lightsabers worthy of wielding, experimentiong with willpower-based characters would be more interesting.

One more question (not request) - have you thought about merging your mod into next CM when it will be released? It's really cool that now you are independent and have something to offer and try out already, but what would happen when next CM happens? Granted, CM devs are not very active, but they work on several things, so sooner or later v150 would be released. Then you would have to re-do quite some work updating itemlists, droplists and global.res again. Speaking of global.res, are you working only with the english one? How would your mod behave on other locales (english item names or blank/tagged strings)?

• Like! 1

Thank you.

If stats are more powerful than normal they will be made more rare to compensate. Generally I'm hovering right around established values for the game's items.

The original mod is already complete and released: Flix's Dragon Mage Sets mod. And Download thread.

If I got struck by lightning tomorrow I could rest in peace knowing I finished my original goal of making those sets (including a long-awaited Mutation set for the DM). I've already submitted it to the CM Patch bugtracker in the thread about making new Mutation set for the DM. I've gotten helpful advice from Czevak, but no word on whether it will be included in the CM Patch.

Everything in this thread... is what came after. Originally I thought I'd cook up a few uniques and maybe another set, and then see what ideas the community had. It turned out the community had a LOT of ideas.

Pesmontis had a lot of stuff tucked away, plus lots of new ideas. Then he got in touch with Dmitrius154 and we were able to start working with his sets (some are 4 years old now and still no public release). Meanwhile suggestions and ideas come flowing in on the forums.

So, the mod has become sort of like a vacuum that's sucking up ideas that didn't/won't make it into the CM Patch, and implementing them into the game. I'll probably submit the next verson of the mod to the CM Patch as well, but it's designed to work on top of the latest CM Patch regardless (it's fully compatible), and if a new CM Patch is released without these items then I'll update my mod to maintain compatibility. Updating itemlists, droplists and global.res again will not really be that much work, just copy-paste, since I've already checked-in with them to make sure I'm using different itemtype and blueprint ID's so there will be no overlap.

My impression is that work on the CM Patch is winding down, with only 1 more release planned, and no ETA. On the other hand, Pesmontis and I are working on this stuff every day, and since we have all the tools necessary to release everything to users, that's what we're doing, rather than waiting for an unknown future release date. This is the main reason why I may seem independent of the CM Patch, but all this work can be considered a submission (and it literally has been submitted, at least the current version of the mod).

Currently I've released English and German localizations. Pesmontis translated the German names for me. I've received no requests for other languages. From what Pesmontis said there's not much response in German communities either (though it was someone from Sacredlegends.de that requested in the first place), so I'm debating whether it's even worth it. In other localizations, the global.res will be missing, so the item names will be auto-generated like a random item, and the set display text will be blank space. They'll still function properly otherwise.

No need to talk me into doing Lightsabers, I already accept them as part of the lore of Sacred. Nothing concrete planned for them yet except for trying out a double lightsaber.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Plus one more idea (almost) ready for release:

post-19689-0-78149600-1392067188_thumb.jpg

You all players must be overwhelmed by now ;-)

Really, I'm very happy with the way this is all being realized, Flix is pulling the cart at steady pace and I think everything is nicely forthcoming, so: THANK YOU :-)

• Like! 1