New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

Jeez, look at those! I never beat Titan Quest. In fact, I didn't spend much time with it and immortal throne because I thought the armor and weapons were boring. I must not have given it enough time or something. As far as shields, my favorite ones are the ones that look like gems, like the one in the second row down, third from the right

Ha, well, the thing about Titan Quest is that it's very stingy about giving out the "cool" looking items. Normal, Magic, and Rare random items all look fairly common and realistic (by the game's standards). So dressing in these items, even fairly good ones, you will mostly just look like a dude (or gal) in brown or grey cloth, leather and steel. On the other hand, all unique items are truly unique - nothing shares the same model. So the Epic and Legendary items (and all sets) can all make you look...well, epic and legendary. This really helps make the uniques feel special, like that gem shield you mentioned, it radiates frost, when almost nothing in the game does, or how some weapons or shields burn, when fire is not a standard effect, etc.

These are some of my favorite eye-popping sets:

vlJDuYQm.jpg

VEmvfPCm.jpg

Z1O2S8Im.jpg

Did you spot the easter egg sets? Yes, Titan Quest has its own Christmas Sets too.

For me the game is worth several (re)plays, and it's still ongoing for me. It carries a similar "obsession-but-in-a-good-way" quality with builds and items. Not to mention, there are a frak-ton of mastery mods that give different skills (including a Diablo 2 one), and some new maps as well (one, Lilith, is huge) that can be merged with mastery mods, so it's like you're basically playing a different game.

• Like! 1

Oh Flix what have You done to me!?

But thank God the game is still on my hard drive. Now I only need to figure out how to split time between Sacred and Titan Quest!? ;)

Edited by Yoshio
  • Like! 1

I wrote another letter to LazyTomcat, asking him a permission to use the sets design in the mod. Hopefully, he agrees.

As far as the suggestions, I'll probably ask to make the Dryad's set about Ranged Weapons, but not necessarily about Hunter aspect. She was supposed to be a ranger by the class design, but as the people played her, there appeared more and more melee and magical Dryad builds. Now she is not seen as a mainly ranged fighter anymore. As for the name, maybe "The Wilderness" or "The Wild Cat"?

About HEs - it's hard to imagine Ice Diamond to be anything but Ice-damage themed set, so it's general bonuses and Storm aspect. Maybe adding elemental armor and/or defensive elemental bonuses, either against ice or fire.

• Like! 1

I don't know if it would apply here as well but I too had asked LT for permission to at least up-load his stuff to DarkMatters and his answer to this question had been that I should feel free to do so.

His explanation of why he shot down his side had been that he is not anylonger into playing Sacred or doing any work on it and as server and hosting is money consuming he finally needed to make this decission.

So, as I said, I cannot speak for him but in a way I do have a general permission to up-load his stuff to DarkMatters and I guess he would be fine with integrating his stuff into the CM-Patch-Item-Mod as long as it is made clear that this is his work and I guess this is of no question, isn't it!?

• Like! 1

Yeah, I figured it was a non-issue, but since Silver Fox went ahead and took the step to contact LT, I decided to wait and see if there was a response. Today he wrote back and said it was ok, so I'll try to get these ready for the mod.

I like Wild Cat, and the idea about Ranged Weapons. The Ice Diamond set will just have to be a good alternative to Faladal's, like the Nine Hells set is a Pyro alternative to Celadrahil's. No clue about the Golden Raven set though. Maybe it should be random armor as well?

Please don't make them replace over the original sets. These armor do give me some ideas though. would it be possible to make a inquisition set for the high elf like the guards use? Another would be if you could make a blood dryad set for the dryad? Not sure about this but maybe a seraphim set of the harbinger of death champion. Sorry for the 20 questions but just thinking what other stuff could be made from the outfits from the baddies.

• Like! 1

>"Please don't make them replace over the original sets."

I'm definitely not, I thought I'd made that clear. Otherwise I would have just left them alone since Lazy Tomcat's mod already overrides sets. The point is that I want to make them separate.

A Blood Dryad set is a great idea. It would require a lot of 3D modeling work that neither I nor Silver Fox can do though. And Pesmontis is on a break. Same for the Inquisition Guard's uniform, Harbinger of Death, or any NPC armor for that matter. A lot of it looks very cool, but it has to be broken down into pieces and then custom fitted to the character you want to give it to... no small task.

• Like! 1

Phew thank goodness :)

The only problem with a blood dryad set is which blood dryad to use? I think the BD champ or warrior champ would be cool. I can imagine it's a lot of work to do but the end results are priceless. I wish it was a little more of a cut and swap operation but it isn't. Since someone is doing the Sophia's set for seraphim why not a Nimonuil's set for inquisitor? Hmm after looking at the harbinger of death's armor I think it uses the same pants as the seraphim does. I think you could also do something with the black seraphim as well but maybe add more parts to it. I think it looks kinda S1ish.

• Like! 1

The Grand Inquisitor was another idea I looked into. It's just like the other ideas though...the armor model is attached to his body. Morrowtom did the work of breaking Sophia's armor off of her body, so I'm sure he could do it, but he hasn't been back to Darkmatters for several months, so I did what I could to finish up the armor.

The next release of the mod is all set and ready to go! I'm just waiting to get the greenlight from an admin to upload the file to the Downloads section. In the meantime I've updated the overview/table of contents in the first post of the this thread, so you all can stay updated on what's currently included and planned for the mod.

Edited by Flix

I hope everything is ok with him. I have some knowledge of 3d stuff that I could give a try I would just need someone to point me in the right direction. Flix I just had this wonderful idea for your items project what if you did a swords and shields from the Zelda series project? I noticed that you had some DMC stuff and wondered if you could some bayonetta stuff as well.

EDIT: Could you use models from actual games and scale them to work in game? If so I can pm a site that has some.

Edited by Saraphima
  • Like! 1

Well I'm a little tired of sitting twiddling my thumbs waiting to be able to upload the mod to DarkMatters, so I'm going to go ahead and release it on my own.

Download CM Items Mod v1.1

This is a Google Drive link. All the installation instructions and changelog are included in the download. I've also updated the DL link the first post of this thread. When/if I can upload it to DarkMatters I'll update all of that information on the File Page and Support Thread, but as of now, that stuff is out of date.

I just wanted to say thank you for the great work. I have just started playing again after hearing about unsacred. Keep up the great work. you guys are great. Dark mattera is a community that always has surprises in store for those that revisit. Keep up the great work :)

• Like! 1

EDIT: Could you use models from actual games and scale them to work in game? If so I can pm a site that has some.

Well, yes, that's actually how many of the recent items got into the mod. Although Pesmontis was always the one to do that kind of work importing new models.

I just wanted to say thank you for the great work. I have just started playing again after hearing about unsacred. Keep up the great work. you guys are great. Dark mattera is a community that always has surprises in store for those that revisit. Keep up the great work :)

Thank you grimwold. It was not yet time for Sacred 2 modding to wither away. ;)

• Like! 1

oh cool! I'll pm you the link to the site.

EDIT: I was also wondering if you could add new guns to the game or maybe even a rocket launcher. This might sound extreme but what if it would be possible to do a katana sword but have the sheath on the side of the character as well? The trick though would be how could you put the sword into it sheath if you're riding with it.

Ok I admit maybe I take this brain storming to the extreme sometimes but hey that's how new things are discovered sometimes.

Edited by Saraphima
  • Like! 1

Alright I've got v1.1 of the mod uploaded to the DarkMatters Download section!. First post of this thread is updated, and all info on the File Page and Support Thread is now updated to the current version. The Google Drive link will stay up as a mirror. Enjoy! I'm takin' a break from modding and actually playing the game for fun for the first time in 4 months.

• Like! 1

Well I'm still traumatized from Sacred 1 having no shared storage whatsoever, and having to go to great pains to swap items between characters in Single Player. So Sacred 2's system is like a dream compared to that. Having to exit the game to swap out stash files, is not that big of a burden for me. It would be better if they could be swapped in-game, but alas.

Alright I've got v1.1 of the mod uploaded to the DarkMatters Download section!. First post of this thread is updated, and all info on the File Page and Support Thread is now updated to the current version. The Google Drive link will stay up as a mirror. Enjoy! I'm takin' a break from modding and actually playing the game for fun for the first time in 4 months.

A brilliant accomplishment.

If the spirit of this game is anywhere it's with this community and the work it's doing with keeping Sacred's Legacy alive in a TRUE fashion

Thank you Flix!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1