New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

As for scythes two names just got to my mind which would make nice names for uniques if you guys would decide on to make more of them.

One could be called simply "DEATH" and another one might sound nices as "Reaper of Souls". What do you think about the names?

Any chance for unique scythes? I wish flail was an option, but it can't be implemented from what I've read.

I currently have one more scythe on my list of the planned items - I thought of naming it "Soul Reaper", so it looks like my thoughts flow in the same direction that Yoshio suggested. However, I already have quite a few items in process and the updates became rare partially because I spread myself too thin between all the things I started. I want to wrap up some of the projects that are closer to completion before working on a new scythe model.

That is exactly the trouble with scythes - there were only three models for them in game and their designs didn't leave a lot of room for customization via textures. It just does not sound like a good idea to use the same appearance for a lot of unique items, so making new scythes requires bringing in new models. I haven't found any interesting existing models that can be adapted for Sacred (there are scythe models available, of course, but they are either plain or expensive), and creating a new model takes time, so making a scythe is not a top-priority project, but I keep it in mind.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Yoshio, I'm glad you like them.

As for release...

It's not a sin

To say with a grin

It'll be released when it's done!

Seriously, though, you can expect a new version of the mod to be released in the same fashion as the previous ones and available via Downloads section in about two weeks (give or take a few days depending on how the testing goes).

Thanks for the table of contents update, Flix.

This hat hovers a bit above TG's head and is slightly off-center (unless 3DMax is playing tricks on me), so how well it looks without editing depends on camera angle. Side View:

HktqzT1t.jpg

Though only a simple edit is required to make it fit well, so why not make it.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

Speaking of other misc changes and fixes - we can just as well mention a fix for Human Archer armor.

Appearance of the NPC guards before and after:

6toDzwxt.jpg 2zgur2u.jpg

And I just caught and fixed another one of them - the Dark Archers of Unholy Crusade (they use a different model than the guards, but it has the same glitch):

Y1SE4tVt.jpg

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

We might as well give the Temple Guardian that dusty old leather hat. SX255 I can't remember, did it fit by good luck or did you have to alter anything?

Luck - its exactly as SilverFox displayed it, but at some angles you can't see it :)

Here is a little update for all Star Wars fans out there. The double-bladed lightsabers aka saberstaves can now drop in all colors and have all dominant damage types.

qN9ebEgt.jpg

I haven't made new blueprints for them, so refer to the old description if you forgot what kind of stats this weapon type can have. In the next version of the Item Mod these two-handers would drop the following way:

Random Rare Saberstaves (yellow tier 12) - can drop in all four colors.

Maul's Swordstaff - of course remains red only.

Jedi Mind Trick - can now drop in either red or blue.

Light Source - can be found in red, green and purple variants.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

I love these new polearms. Thanks so much especially for adding in these Titan Quest weapons which look even better than I had imagined. Danse Macabre is a really beautiful item and with a great name to boot. Because I didn't directly work much on this latest batch of things, most of these new items are a real treat for me to see as well.

I also really like the Guardian's Word (Guardian Sword - intentional?). I like the more subtle T-Energy effect, the mechanical design, and most of all the rare and powerful modifiers that really make it seem like something unique and specially crafted for the Temple Guardians in another age when technology ruled.

• Like! 1

Anyone knowing if it is possible to add negative life regeneration values? Any chance to use an integer overflow or something like this to get it?

Would be really nice to have something like nettle gloves which rob life each second. Would perhaps make a wounds increase damage build more playable.

Those two new staves are some of my favorite weapon designs in the whole mod. You really have to see them in-game to get how cool those visual effects on the staves are. And the dragon staff...I feel like it's the weapon my Dragon Mage has been waiting for since he started the game, and now he finally has it.

More fist weapons are a sorely needed addition. They're all impressive in their own unique way. I asked Pesmontis to keep an eye out for any NPC gear we could "loot" and he certainly delivered the goods with these lizard weapons.

Now that everything's announced and testing has gone on for a little while, I hope to upload the 1.2 version of the mod within the next day.

• Like! 1

A LONG time ago, there was an old SSI game I used to play called Eternal Dagger. My mention of the spear was a reference to a spear you could purchase in the game that had ice damage along with the chance to paralyze. Such an item, even if given "Chance to stun" would probably be too powerful for Sacred 2. The game also had a +7 greatsword, which was the best possible weapon you get if you knew where to look. In the game, +6 items were the best that could be had thru enchantment. And in the previous game, you had the Wizard's Crown. It was an item that let you cast lightning, improved the spell casting, and had high defensive bonuses.

• Like! 1

Still no hat :(

I'm sorry, SX. It's just that when you mentioned the hat, the development of v1.2 was pretty much finished. All items with unfinished models and textures were set aside and sheduled for the next release. I had a lot of such things that I would have liked to finish, but Flix persuded me to draw a line somewhere and call for a release. I promised you to make the hat, and it would be made for sure. But in the next version. I think you won't have to wait for several months till the next release though. As soon as I wrap up more of half-finished items, I might just as well call for v1.3.

A LONG time ago, there was an old SSI game I used to play called Eternal Dagger. My mention of the spear was a reference to a spear you could purchase in the game that had ice damage along with the chance to paralyze. Such an item, even if given "Chance to stun" would probably be too powerful for Sacred 2. The game also had a +7 greatsword, which was the best possible weapon you get if you knew where to look. In the game, +6 items were the best that could be had thru enchantment. And in the previous game, you had the Wizard's Crown. It was an item that let you cast lightning, improved the spell casting, and had high defensive bonuses.

Can you show some pictures or offer descriptions of visual designs that might fit these ideas? A good greatsword and a Unique or Legendary helmet can be a good addition. It's not really possible to make an item grant you a spell your character does not have, but maybe an All Combat Arts bonus can replace a property that gives you a Lightning CA... not fully but at least partially. As for the spear, if you remember the name and appearance, maybe something can be made, if you don't think it would overlap with previously made items. And by the way, I have two new scythe models made, and two more in process, so maybe the next version would grant your request for more scythe weapons.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1