New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

For the record:

The items of this mod haven't been added to the Wiki yet.

Since they're added to the last CM-patch, I think it might be a good idea to do so; just to avoid some questions of players finding the new items and being unaware of what they are.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

For the record:

The items of this mod haven't been added to the Wiki yet.

Since they're added to the last CM-patch, I think it might be a good idea to do so; just to avoid some questions of players finding the new items and being unaware of what they are.

Yeah, that's been on my mind since before the first release. Someone like me or Silver Fox is best suited for the task, but there are lots of other projects taking up our time atm. Anyone can join the Wiki, just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I wondered about last night;

is it possible to split items in a "light" and a "dark" version?

The question popped up in my head when reading one of the HP-books; since we're able to find a lot of items starting with Potter's, but none of them is an actuall set-item.

So perhaps we can figure out a way to create a set for magical characters and the DM in particular, as in some of the HP books shapeshifting is a leading item and the DM is the only shapeshifting char in the game.

Things I've been thinking about are:

Potter's wand,

Hermione's Witts (helmet) etc.

Anyone prepared to think up some more items?

>"...is it possible to split items in a "light" and a "dark" version?.."

If you're asking whether or not we can make the items that can only be worn by Light or Shadow path characters, then no, it's not possible. The only restrictions that can be placed on items are the character class, item level, and difficulty where it can drop. We can, of course, make the item into a reward for an alignment-specific quest, but the existence of the shared stash makes this idea ineffective.

>"...we're able to find a lot of items starting with Potter's, but none of them is an actuall set-item..."

Well, "Potter" was a profession first, and only then became a surname. The "Potter's" affix in Sacred 2 references the professional meaning, as it appears on items that have their material set as "ceramics". For the Item Mod, we were usually trying to avoid any possible confusion between random items with auto-generated names and unique custom-named items, so the new uniques are not named something that can also appear as random affix.

>"...a set for magical characters and the DM in particular..."

The problem with new DM sets is that Flix already made a lot of them for his Dragon Mage Sets mod, and added more in the first release of the Item Mod itself. It just becomes harder to come up with new original item stats for this character. There is a solid possibility that the new version would have a new set for DM, because Pesmontis contributed new 3D models for the set pieces, but as its look is Dragon-themed, so would be the item names. So far, I don't want to promise more DM sets, because I'm still struggling to come up with good bonuses for the one that is already in the works.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

Light and dark versions of weapons, like how the SoulCalibur series has the Soul Calibur (light version) and the Soul Edge (dark version)? In other words, having a "good" and "evil" version of..let's say... Lang's Farewell, for instance? I personally love the heck out of that idea. I'm a fan of having "good" characters in their shiny Paladin type of "good" armor but who use a savage, "dark", demonic looking weapon. I wonder what Soul Edge would look like as a lightsaber? I'm picturing a red lightsaber with a big, evil eyeball on the hilt, blinking and looking around. Dang, now I kind of want a Soul Edge lightsaber.......

Edited by Gilberticus

But then again, I wonder all types of bizarre things around this time of night: what would Darth Vader's armor look like with a more medieval feel to it? What flavor of shisha would the Hulk use in his hookah? What would the Shadow warrior look like as a hippie? What would a demon cyborg look like? What would Qui-Gon Jinn look like in Nightingale armor (minus the hood because I like his hair)? What would Gumby look like as a Sith? That type stuff.

I did a search for medieval Darth Vader armor online, and found a lot of pretty cool pics, but I don't like the Samurai feel that a lot of them have. However, while researching that, I saw a picture of leather medieval Batman armor, now THAT is cool.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2614/content_medieval-batman-3.jpg?1386621795

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Like! 1

I've watched a ton of the new Star Wars previews, so I'm all hopped up on Star Wars, especially because of a rumor that's going around that I hope is true...because I'm a little twisted. Anyway, I know our modding team is bustin butt, but could somebody consider putting the new type of lightsaber into the game some day?

I've watched a ton of the new Star Wars previews, so I'm all hopped up on Star Wars, especially because of a rumor that's going around that I hope is true...because I'm a little twisted. Anyway, I know our modding team is bustin butt, but could somebody consider putting the new type of lightsaber into the game some day?

You want that new lightsaber, don't you?

I belive it would be easier to make it a regular sword glow in the dark, that trying to replicate the 3 saber in 1 feature.

• Like! 1

Now those are sweet, exactly how I pictured they'd look like. When I said "modding team", I meant modding team. Flix has always given credit when credit is due, and has made it well known that he doesn't work alone.

• Like! 1

Well it's not to my particular taste but it's impressive work nonetheless. I'm sure they'll be welcome additions to the Item Mod.

On second thought I really like that spiky hilt with the eye. I think that would look very good on a bladed sword.

Edited by Flix

Now those are sweet, exactly how I pictured they'd look like. When I said "modding team", I meant modding team. Flix has always given credit when credit is due, and has made it well known that he doesn't work alone.

I'm glad that you like the designs, especially since they were your request in the first place.

I never meant to sound disrespectful, and I'm sorry if I did (writing replies at 2 AM was probably not the best idea, but I really wanted to show these pics). After the Item Mod v1.1, Flix released a number of high-quality mods entirely on his own, and everything that was showcased in Diablo 2 Fallen thread so far is a result of his work as well. It never fails to impress me how much he manages to accomplish and how he keeps his projects known and discussed even while they are still in development. And all I did recently was turning up here, promising you to work on the Item Mod and then all but disappearing from the public forums again. You guys really had no reason to think that I'm still there, let alone working on something useful. So I was merely berating myself for not letting you know that the Elite Mounts were shelved again and that I'm participating in another project, which currently takes precedence over the Item Mod, because Diablo 2 Fallen is scheduled for release quite soon.

On second thought I really like that spiky hilt with the eye. I think that would look very good on a bladed sword.

I thought so too. The original thought was about a lightsaber, so that's how it currently looks. I'll keep this look, but make a normal bladed version as well, since I'm not the only one thinking it might look good.

• Like! 1

I shudder to think about what people will request next.

Come on, Flix, do you absolutely need to go around poking fun at all ideas you do not wholeheartedly welcome? I understand your being on the fence with Diablo 2 Fallen, since this mod is more about your interpretation of Diablo classes and was never announced as a community brainstorming venture, but this thread has always been about crazy ideas thrown in and the more viable of them possibly getting implemented. Though you don't need to worry - I'm not about to go on lightsaber craze regardless of what people suggest.

As for those pics... the first one is not interesting enough, the third one is wa-ay over the board, and the second, well:

uUVw6Vf.png

I think those Ascaron guys would have made this kind of weapon themselves if they ever created working whip animations for Sacred 2.

Skyrim weapons - especially Deadric and Dragon - transferred to Sacred 2 would be nice. ;)

But if that's too much work; how 'bout changing the hot-air ballons of the Ice and Blood area's into a Millenium Falcon? :)

Thorin :D

I have all TES games and their modding tools, so theoretically I can transfer any item from Skyrim to Sacred, but the question is whether or not it should be done. We actually had an internal conversation about this topic a while back, after Pesmontis converted the Dragon Scale armor set (which is going to make it into the mode someday). As I remember, Pesmontis was quite fond of Daedric items, Flix was not so fond of idea of adding any more Skyrim items because they might stand out too much from Sacred's mood and atmosphere, and I could not really make up my mind because on one hand I rather like the designs, but on the other I know that Bethesda is not very lenient toward people who rip off their games. I'm not so sure that these designs are worth the possible legal trouble. Though recently the developers tend to allow more to the modders who don't profit from their mods, even Blizzard stopped asking to take down every single mod that had WoW stuff in it, so maybe porting some Skyrim items would be fine. Still, the Daedric gear is very specific to TES universe, so the question of fitting in comes up again.

So I think I'd need more people vouching for this request before I seriously consider working on it.

And no, I'm not as big of a Star Wars fan to even think of making the Millennium Falcon ;)

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

Well the joke in this case isn't what's been requested, but rather that the realm of possible lightsabers gets super silly way on down the line. Anyway, blame this article that I read this morning for giving me an opinion. At least I'm not shooting the ideas down or rejecting them outright like some kind of mod tyrant. I'd rather respond with something lighthearted than just be silent and seem like I'm ignoring everything or blandly and insincerely saying I like everything.

If we could make whips we'd owe it to ourselves and to Sacred-dom to make light-whips too. I will concede that.

Flix was not so fond of idea of adding any more Skyrim items because they might stand out too much from Sacred's mood and atmosphere.

The opinion still stands. :) We've got a great Dragonbone armor already imported and despite looking fantastic it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Heh. It's hard to get a good picture. I froze the game in mid-throw to take a picture of the star against a clear sky. So yeah it looks weird. All kinds of stuff looks very bizarre if you pause it mid-animation.

• Like! 1

Today I found a unique throwing star in the game files that I've never seen before, nor is it documented on the Wiki. Blueprint ID = 2107.

Al7BBIo.jpgROo3m7b.jpg

I didn't invent this one. As far as I can tell, this 100% Ascaron-created item- design, name, bonuses and all. It was missing from at least one drop list however, which may explain why it has gone missing all this time. Though it is also "tier 14" which is more rare than most uniques. So anyway, for future item mod releases I suppose we'll have it dropping like it should be. :)

Treasure find!

:l_santa:

gogo

• Like! 1

Found another one. :D

post-24327-0-27942800-1418620006_thumb.jpg

At least I couldn't find this Legendary amulet on the Wiki. It seems to be missing from a couple drop lists, so being a true tier 15 Legendary it may well have never dropped for anybody.

I'm rebalancing all the game's unique weapons for the Diablo mod. As a side effect of getting down n' dirty with the scripts I keep uncovering things like this.