New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

Unfortunately for the items I described in the SSI games, they were very minimal for graphics. There was never a representation of what they would look like.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had an idea, but never mind, I'm going to have to avoid posting until I get a little more used to this hydrocodone and this other crap the doc put me on.

Edited by Gilberticus

I have an idea. Unbended and the failure of Sacred 3 has brought a lot of new people here recently. I've only been here since.... January 2013, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I don't believe I've ever seen a contest here during my short stay. Would it be stupid to have a contest concerning best new concept art for new armor and weapons? The winner could get.... I don't know, maybe one of those skulls or tomb stones in Unbended you guys are always talking about. Or maybe our modders could put the winning armor/weapon in game and name it after the winner. If I'm not mistaken, it's one thing to alter existing skins, but to introduce brand new weapons or armor means you have to have access to that global.res thing, but I'm not sure, and I'd rather not rehash that whole conversation yet AGAIN this month. Anyway, that's my idea. To be honest, I'm totally content with the amount of armor and weapons we already have, but I love contests and seeing fresh new artwork, especially when it comes to weapons and armor.

you should also e-mail this to info@unbended.de but I dont think they will accept it

• 3 weeks later...

This is a big week for the Community Items Mod. Yesterday we had the release of the Community Patch v1.50, which now includes the whole of the Items Mod! That's right, now if you have the latest CM Patch you no longer need to download the Items Mod 1.2. Huge thanks to Marcus and Czevak for agreeing to add in the mod to their project and making it happen (pretty painlessly).

There IS one thing I want to note though. The new items developed from Torchlight and Titan Quest had their models changed for the CM Patch (for copyright reasons). So you will still have the items under CM Patch 1.50, but you may notice the designs are changed.

So I'm releasing a small patch to restore the intended designs for these items. The patch also fixes a texture issue I just noticed with some new High Elf armor.

Item Mod 1.2a Hotfix

This is a small mod that is designed to be installed on top of Sacred 2 Gold + CM Patch 1.50.

Features:
1) The mod restores some item designs that were present in the CM Items Mod 1.2 but were removed for copyright reasons when the mod was integrated into the CM Patch. This mod restores their unique designs. Without this mod the items will use generic item models from Sacred 2 (but will still function). The items are:

• Torch of Light
  • Axe-Bot 2525
  • Forgotten Technology
  • Spear of the Dryads
  • The Catalyst
  • The Iron Knight
  • Earthshaker
  • Soulflay Fork

2) The mod also contains a hotfix for an issue with the leg armor of the new Frozen Gems set, which flash and glow due to a script error. The error is corrected with this mod.

Installation:

1) It's always best to install Sacred 2 mods with the Generic Mod Enabler (GME). It can save a lot of headaches and frustration. Get it free at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml
2) Install the GME into your Sacred 2 root folder and run it once.
3) Place the "Item Mod 1.2a Hotfix" folder into the MODS folder created by the GME.
4) Use the GME to activate this mod.

Item Mod 1.2a Hotfix Download

This means the Item Mod 1.2 DarkMatters downloads are now outdated. I'll update the DM download soon so that it's just the hotfix. If we ever update to 1.3 or beyond of course it will be updated on there as well. ;)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

That special feeling when finding something you've been sugesting. :D

BTW, that lightsabre is one of this mod as well. ;)

Thorin \m/

I'm glad you're pleased. I never heard a peep from you about the set after we implemented it.

• Like! 1

I thought I did, but then, I've been through some rough times lately and have forgotten about a lot of things. Never meant to be disrepectful.

So yeah, I'm pleased to have found it. Now I'm aiming at "Eugene's Axe" for this guy and the Sereish - set for my seraphim. :)

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

I actually thought about it - the game has 4 color variations of the adventurer's hat, so there can be a unique and 3 randoms. The only possible issue is that every new design requires a new itemtype ID. Itemtype IDs are limited and there are only about 400 of them left. On one hand, that's quite a lot, seeing how the previous versions of the Item mod used up only about 200. I don't think I'd have enough patience to provide you with twice as many new designs as the mod brought in already. On the other hand, itemtypes are used for pretty much everything in this game, so with very few free IDs there won't be much room for integrating other mods. So this question is more to Flix than me - can we spend itemtypes on random variations or it would be better to leave more room for other mods?

In that case I'm fine with just 1 hat - that's 3 more fun items for everybody else.

I like multiple hats. 4 itemtypes instead of 1 isn't going to cause any problems.

It is true though, itemtype ID's from 14000 and above don't seem to work, and we're in the 13600's now. We may have to be selective in the future. But for now, and for this idea especially, I like the 4 hat idea. :thumbsup:

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Greetings to everybody who still watches this thread. I just wanted to say that I'm alive, that I'm back to DarkMatters and that I'm working on the Item Mod again. Back when we called for v1.2 release, I had quite a bunch of items in the works, so now I'm planning to finish the ones that did not make it into the previous release as well as to work on some new ideas and suggestions.

That being said, and because it's better late than never, I wanted to show you the preliminary implementation of idea suggested by SX255. It's preliminary because I wanted to apologise for taking my time with this hat, and to customize the item exactly to SX's liking.

VzIu5lf.jpg09DapQvt.jpg

Would you prefer your hat in dusty brown, or some other color scheme? Do you have a name for it and/or a list of preferred item modifiers? If you don't care about particulars, I'll come up with something. I just thought it won't be nice of me to make you wait so long and then deliver something different from what you want to see.

The other suggestions are also worked on, for example you can expect to see more items re-created from Sacred 1, more of Titan Quest items suggested by Flix (some shields for sure, probably short swords and axes too), new scythes and other things.

For those who are interested in the fate of the Elite Mounts - Mounts are a big project that takes way more time to finish than the items. And since it's better to release something than nothing at all, I want to clean up the half-finished items off my plate before returning to work on the Mounts. If I have enough time to work on both projects at the same time, I'd do that, otherwise I prefer to start with the smaller one.

Good seeing you back Silver, and with an Epic return of the new hat!~

:dance:

gogo

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel, I'm 3d artist who loves Sacred 2. I work in 3DS max, Zbrash, Maya and so on. I thought it would be a good idea to bring something new to the game, new sets of armor, weapons and so on, but I had difficulty in understanding the import and export files ... frankly I'm too lazy to deal with it all, English is not my native language and it is very difficult to understand some phrases. But despite this I still want to work on Sacred 2 ...
I want to ask for help from those who can convert the model from the game in an acceptable format for working in 3DS max. If someone is interested, please write, I can not wait to start cooperation))

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel, I'm 3d artist who loves Sacred 2. I work in 3DS max, Zbrash, Maya and so on. I thought it would be a good idea to bring something new to the game, new sets of armor, weapons and so on, but I had difficulty in understanding the import and export files ... frankly I'm too lazy to deal with it all, English is not my native language and it is very difficult to understand some phrases. But despite this I still want to work on Sacred 2 ...

I want to ask for help from those who can convert the model from the game in an acceptable format for working in 3DS max. If someone is interested, please write, I can not wait to start cooperation))

Hi Daniel. I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm. As I recall you had been having a conversation with Pesmontis about how to handle gr2 files. He shared his tool "grnreader" and posted several tips for you in this thread: Tutorial - Importing and Exporting GR2 Models

Did that not work out? Now, I know if I can use it to import gr2 files into 3DsMax and edit them (with my limited experience), then an experienced 3D artist like yourself should be definitely be able to work it out.

Pesmontis is on a break from Sacred 2 modding, but Silver Fox is currently pulling 3D model duty for the CM Items Mod. If you want to post your questions in this thread, he or another modder might be able to help you learn.

If you want to contribute something to the Items Mod, then it might help if we knew if you were serious about creating something. Do you have any ideas about what you'd like to make?

Edited by Flix