New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

For instance, this S1 model is called "Armor3_arms.grn", but does anyone know what it's called in-game?

Knowing the charterer class would be very helpful in narrowing it down. You could also open the file up with a HEX editor an look for address strings. But, yes, lets leave this rhetorical question on "Why is Sacred 1 lacking useful information" unanswered. We all know WHY, we just don't have the time to fix it.

• Like! 1

@Chattius: ".. shield bash.."
I've just looked through the script file 'typification.txt': there are four classifications for shields, all have "weapondamagespread = 0,".

A 'real' weapon classification always has a weapondamagespread higher than zero, so you might try to add some weapondamage to a shield class.

I also wrote that in Sacred 2, there are no 'cattle whips', but I was wrong: with classification 'CLF_WHIP', there are two itemtypes:

4945 models/weapons/1h/n_lash1.GR2 -> no blueprint..
4946 models/weapons/1h/n_lash2.GR2 -> no blueprint..

• Like! 1

I'm definitely going to see what I can do to make some cool new offensive shields for Chattius.

Whips are some of the Lost Items- turns out they were present in the files but not fully implemented. I found a post recently where Czevak said that the animations were bad and so they didn't add them with the CM Patch.

First post has been massively updated with what's currently in the works.

The Community Items Mod is the new future of Flix's Dragon Mage Sets Mod, and this thread will track the development of it.

I've reorganized things and added all your ideas about what to implement (except Robocop, sorry I love it but I don't think it's gonna happen). Plus progress on the various sets that are being worked on by me and Pesmontis will be posted here as well.

• Like! 1

Loving your work! If you need help testing anything or whatever, give me a yell :)

Will do, also if I haven't PM'd you by the time you read this send me a message and we can talk about putting that Pole you made into the game.

I've downloaded all Sacred: Underworld chars with their sets at level 75, so in case you'd like to get an idea how things are looking or what the stats are, let me know and I'll create some screenshots.

Or - in case you got the old game installed - I'll just give the link so you can download them yourself.

Thorin :)

Sure, shoot me the DL link. I still have Sacred installed, I play it regularly.

I've reorganized things and added all your ideas about what to implement (except Robocop, sorry I love it but I don't think it's gonna happen).

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

I might build that set myself later.

I've downloaded all Sacred: Underworld chars with their sets at level 75, so in case you'd like to get an idea how things are looking or what the stats are, let me know and I'll create some screenshots.

Or - in case you got the old game installed - I'll just give the link so you can download them yourself.

Where's this download from Thorin>?

Can this be added to the downloads section here at darkmatters?

:)

gogo

What about hats?

NPCs have lots of cool hats.

TGinafedora.png

Adventurer Set for High Elf TBA (suggestion by SX255)

Err, what I meant say was "Explorer hats for everyone".

Just look how fancy it looks on everyone:

tg1.pngcent1.png

inq1.pngsera1.png

driad1.pnghelf1.png

So, em... :blush: yeah, heads up. TG hat hovers over his head slightly. SW and Inquisitor clip through. And the girls need a complete repositioning. Nobody will blame you if make them class specific and retextured. If you can fix the back of the inquisitors head, he just screams for a pilgrim hat retexture.

Where's this download from Thorin>?

Can this be added to the downloads section here at darkmatters?

gogo

For Sacred:Underworld I have a GRN model extractor from the Russians, an old Granny Viewer rigged for GRN format (also autoconverts GRN to GR2, but will most likely crash the second game), TGA texture extractor and Sound extractor. Need any of them? You might need to clear up some gigabytes of memory for a full unpacking.

What about hats?

NPCs have lots of cool hats.

TGinafedora.png

>Adventurer Set for High Elf TBA (suggestion by SX255)

Err, what I meant say was "Explorer hats for everyone".

Just look how fancy it looks on everyone:

I know. I just wanted to connect the suggestion to what was actually happening.

• Like! 1

.. to what was actually happening..

On my side very little, though I've strolled through NPC/highelves/equip:

attachicon.gifHE_adventurer_equip01.jpg

This is - like SX255 has done - just to test how things may fit: that hat fits her well :-)

It should be possible to use it as a (new) 'helmet' with just a little scripting.

But does the hat alone make an adventurer?

>For Sacred:Underworld I have a GRN model extractor from the Russians, an old Granny Viewer rigged for GRN format (also autoconverts GRN to GR2, but will most likely crash the second game), TGA texture extractor and Sound extractor. Need any of them? You might need to clear up some gigabytes of memory for a full unpacking.

The Russian model extractor is called 'PAKextractor v1.0'. It's source code is in Delphi (not exactly my turf).

There's also a tool called 'SacredMdlExtracter', but I don't know if it works (it's VC++ 98, and it compiles alright).

The texture extractor is called 'sacred_tex_extractor v1.00' (by Paul Siramy, 2006).

You might also use 'Game Extractor v2.01', but that one doesn't give you the names of the textures.

The GRN to GR2 converter is actually GrannyViewer v2.2.0.4. The method for conversion of GRN to GR2 with this tool was described on the GR2decode website, which is no longer available. The Sacred:U models are very 'low-poly' and need to be reworked extensively to fit Sacred 2 eventually. Their animations are also very coarse.

Outstanding!!

gogo

• Like! 1

I have a few questions. I've seen mods that add tatts and things like that, I was wondering if anyone considered making the SW look a little more decomposed, like having a little bit of bone/muscle poking through. Dude's fresh from the grave, right? I also removed my staring equipment, and wondered if anyone considered making a lower-body-only set for the SW and DM, like making legs and boots so OP that they compensated for the lack of arm and torso armor. With the DM, it seems like a little bit of a shame to cover up all of his body art. And with the SW, that's a man that IMO would get a chuckle out of making his pecs bounce at his enemies , the whole intimidation factor, insult added to injury as he's chopping you up.