New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

Well that looks suitably evil! Very nice! Is that a reference to something else I should recognise?

You should probably recognize it, as it's from Sacred 2! See if you can spot where it came from. This is actually the helmet for my upcoming Inquisitor set "Disgraced Gods." I'm wavering back and forth on just what the rest of the set should look like (either pristine white and gold or as monstrous and ugly as possible), but once Pesmontis did this helmet for me I know I'm using that!

As there was some talk about shields in the first post, I decided to ask a question that interested me ever since I saw Sacred 2 artbook. Has anybody ever seen this one?

10yh1d4.jpg

This bit of concept art looks interesting, but it wasn't actually implemented into the game. I wonder if it can be like The Redeemer, which actually was in game files, but without a skin or assigned blueprint. Ascaron devs left a whole lot of unfinished concepts behind. Maybe there is something useful there.

I like that design a lot. It seems like it would have been caught by now if there was already a model in the game files, but I can take a look to make sure.

Edited by Flix

IMO, a Disgraced God's armor would be as monstrous and ugly as possible. Even if their garments was once pristine and white, their fall from grace would have filled them with such toxic rage that it would transform them into a twisted, vile thing, starting inwards and working it's way out.

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Like! 1

Now, a set that I think would be funny is giving the Shadow Warrior long hair, a Black Sabbath t shirt, and a leather jacket. Shadow Warrior: champion by day, roadie by night :) Or how about the Inquisitor as a Rasta: in dreads, one of those red, yellow, and green hats, cloth sandals, and a Bob Marley t shirt?

Now, a set that I think would be funny is giving the Shadow Warrior long hair, a Black Sabbath t shirt, and a leather jacket. Shadow Warrior: champion by day, roadie by night :)

Funny you should say that. I dunno about that roadie but you may see his girlfriend in Ancaria sometime soon:

ATM THIS IS NOT PART OF THE MOD! Pesmontis is putting this one together for the CM Patch.

8zwH6UV.jpg

EaGr2hU.jpg

J7aBYqE.jpg

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Whoa!!!!! If I have just one vote for something to go in the CM Patch, it would be for this gear, not just because you can see bits in pic#2 that you don't normally see, but because this look became vogue in my part of the world during my favorite time to be alive: early 90s. None of my favorite music had died yet, so you could see Motley Crue And Candlebox And Alice in Chains And Pantera videos all on MTV. Vh-1 had Pop-Up videos, which I loved, not just because of the factoids, but because I loved the sound of the little bubbles. I was a teen then, no worries, no commitments, endless energy and a body built to withstand all the rigors that endless energy put upon it (I hadn't been busted up from war yet). Crunchy tunes, a tank full of gas, and a hot body in my passenger seat was all it took for everything to be all right in my little world back then. So, uhhh, yeah, this has my vote for the CM Patch

• Like! 1

> ".. Amazing how you just casually dropped that gem of a suggestion in here Silver Fox!.."

I totally agree, what an extraordinary find. I think I'm gonna schedule a few days just to scoop through every model ;-)

> ".. Pesmontis is putting this one together for.."

Bah, spoiler! :pirate:

Please note that that second pic caused some controversy. The current t-shirt actually reads "TRIX", and there's a free modeling giveaway for anyone who correctly guesses where that came from (no Flix, you're excluded ;-)

> ".. this look became vogue.. early 90s.."

Ain't I old fashioned? I'm old-fashioned, I'll tell ya' - though the glasses seem very 'retro' atm.

I fought at the breastriary in Nippopolis once. But I have another idea. I was playing with my energy weapon Inquisitor. He can't use shields, but he can't dw energy weapons, so I wonder if something could be done about that. I can't remember if dw energy pistols have been discussed yet

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Like! 1

I can field this one, I'm on more often than Flix. Taarna is a female in a cartoon movie from 1981 named Heavy Metal. South Park did a parody of Heavy Metal in one of their episodes, this is a cell from that episode. My "fought in the breastriary..." comment referenced that episode. What you see is a dinosaur bird, Kenny, and South Park's version of Taarna with her totally rockin boobs on Kenny's head

• Like! 1

When finishing the last part of the main quest in the swamp with my Dryad yesterday, I realized she got a great opportunity for a Jewelry set of unique / legendary items including! a shrunken head.

So, here's my proposal for the Unique / legendary set called:

Remnants of Glaurung.

Medallions:

- Left eye of Glaurung:

Stats:

Chance that opponents cannont evade attacks: +X%

Viperish Desease +X

Wilpower +Y

- Right eye of Glaurung:

Stats:

- Twisted Torment +X

- Intelligence +Y

- Chance to evade attacks: +Z%

Rings:

- Ring of Claws:

Stats:

- Vitality +X

- Regeneration Time Aspect: Capricious Hunter: -Y%

- Chance for critical hits: +Z%

- Ring of Heart Scales

Stats:

- Stamina +X

- Regeneration Time Aspect: Cabalistic Voodoo: -Y%

- Regeneration per hit: +Z s

- Ring of Tail spikes

Stats:

- Dexterity +X

- Regeneration Time Aspect: Nature Weaver: -Y%

- Offensive Skills: +Z

- Shrunken Head: (Dragon)

"Glaurung's Head"

Stats:

- Armor: +X (40% physical, 20% fire, 20% magic, 20% poison)

- Defence value: +Y

- Spell resistance +Z%

Set Bonus:

2 Pieces: Life Leech: +X%

3 Pieces: Opponent's Chance to Evade: -Y%

4 Pieces: To all combat Arts: +Z

5 Pieces: Hitpoint Regeneration: +x / s

6 Pieces: All skills +y

As for the source of the name - since it is a Tolkien reference: http://www.squidoo.com/tolkiens-dragons-middle-earth

I'm currently working up a small background story for this set, so I'll keep you posted. ;)

Thorin :D

• Like! 1

This is a very good idea for a set. I wonder if you plan it to be Dryad only or all-classes-can-wear-most-of-the-items kind of thing (like Memories of the Trees)? But I have to say - that's a very mighty set bonus you have here, basically everything a Dryad could wish for. Considering that the items themselves are not something to despair about, the set turns out to be quite powerful.

Maybe you can consider rearranging set bonuses a bit, making a smaller ones appear first and stronger ones later? Considering that many players wear full Detheya's just for LifeLeech and call it a deal, this modifier would look better as full completion bonus or 5 pieces bonus (maybe 4 if you plan for the set to be available and fully useful for the other characters too). And Hitpoint regen is not all that rare, but still useful - so it makes for a good first bonus.

I can understand why having another lifeleech set for the Dryad is a good idea - it's sad to see them all stuck with the same aspect set just because of this bonus. However, if you have it for two item completion - then you throw in a two-item set called 'Tooth and Nail' (ring and amulet) that Flix made before, then you add Detheya's to boot - and it's a game breaker. That is why I propose to make the LifeLeech bonus from your set mutually exclusive with 'Tooth and Nail' by requiring 5 or 6 jewellery slots filled to obtain it.

About availability for the other chars: I noticed that you have bonuses to Dryad's CAs and skills, but they are not the only ones the items have. And considering that the game sometimes offers you rings with '+ all Arrant Pyromancer spells' and '+ Nefarious Netherworld Focus' at the same time... it's not impossible to imagine a character wearing a bonus to a foreign aspect. So I had to ask about your plans.

Edited by Silver_fox

I can be very short about this;

I just come up with the idea's, others can work things out as I'm terrible in modding things. :D

So if those creating the set think it's better to change some of the set-bonii to make sure the set doesn't become too powerful with a few pieces, it's fine with me.

Personally I'm never using a full Detheya's because I prefer the body armour of the Chestplate of Time as it offers higher resistances. So having another set giving LL would be nice.

On the other hand, I do understand the objections made here, as a set offering the LL after it's complete; or near complete; would make it suitable for the other chars as well. Especially those having fewer rings and amy's to wear.

Thorin :)