I had this problem recently with some of my own icons: no matter what I did, the icons wouldn't show up - I was frantically editing the pictures trying to get it right, thought it couldn't be the alpha layer, checked the DDS type again (A8R8G8B8), tried some crazy things.. nothing !

Finally, after I put it away for a day or two, I looked again, and it appeared I had forgotten the '0' in front of the itemtype ID..

Yeah, I caught that little detail a while back. The files are copied exactly from my working installation, so it seems like it should work for others if it works for me.

Pesmontis would you mind installing the mod and then checking the items in the stash to see if the icons work?

Ok, from talking with Gilberticus the missing icons problem sounds like a problem with the Steam version of the game. It seems Steam has an additional icons folder that needs to contain the icons for the armor. So, once I get that confirmed/worked out I'll see about writing some temp insttall instructions for Steam users and then later updating the DL package.

• Like! 1

Must have been a hiccup in my system, bc that extra icon folder is now gone, and the armor shows up exactly as it's supposed to. You, my friend, don't have to write a temp install for Steam users, my Alienware was just being difficult

• Like! 1

Phew. :cstars: Hope everything continues to work for you.

The Mutation set has a good chance to drop from T-Mutants and as a Quest Reward, so keep those in mind if you're trying to assemble it.

The other sets follow the drop same patterns as the vanilla sets: Armor is more likely to drop from bosses, champions, and armed enemies (humans, orcs, etc.) than from rats and boars, and jewlery is more likely to drop from energy beings like the ghosts in the Whisperwood or the Armored Suits in the Blood Forest.

• Like! 1

Awesome work Flix! Awesome awesome awesome! The colours and styles are just fantastic. I hope you're very proud of your work. You should be! Laie_84.gif

File Name: Flix's Dragon Mage Sets Mod
File Submitter: Flix
File Submitted: 18 Jan 2014
File Category: Community Patch

Flix's Dragon Mage Sets Mod v2

================================
Introduction:

This is an ongoing project that adds new set, unique, and legendary items to Sacred 2: Ice and Blood. Currently the mod contains the following items:
*Draco's Garments of Mutation (Full Dragon Mage Set)
*Chaoskampf (Full Dragon Mage Set)
*Auspicious Powers (Full Dragon Mage Set)
*Eternal Return (All Class 2-Ring Set)
*Tooth and Nail (All Class Ring-Amulet Set)
*Shared Player Stash File containing copies of all the above items (optional).

Installation (Main mod):

Extract the contents of this archive (3 folders [locale, pak, scripts]) into your Sacred 2 installation folder. A typical example of the installation folder is C:\Sacred 2 Gold

Overwrite all folders and files when prompted.

THIS MOD WILL OVERWRITE SOME GAME SCRIPTS!
Back up the folders and/or files if you ever think you may want to uninstall this mod. The overwritten files are:

surface.txt
blueprint.txt
drop.txt
itemtype.txt
iteminfo.txt
global.res

If you have v1 installed, there is no need to uninstall it first. Simply install v2 and it will overwrite the old files. There will be an extra set of unused (completely harmless) icons in pak\data\icons\items\ that start with the number 14000. They can safely be deleted after installation of v2, but it is not necessary.

=================================
Installation (Optional Stash File):

As of v2 this mod now also contains an optional chest file (chest.sacred2chest) that contains copies of all the items (all level 190-200, Platinum-Niobium). They require installation of the main mod to appear in-game.

Be sure to back up your existing chest.sacred2chest file before doing anything! Installing this file will overwrite your Shared tab in your player chest.

For XP, it's located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<userID>\My Documents\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

For Vista and Windows 7:
C:\Users\<userID>\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

After you've backed up your chest.sacred2chest file from the above folder, copy the chest.sacred2chest file to your save game directory and restart your game. You can then find the armor in your shared belongings chest. Grab the armor pieces you want and then save your game and exit. You can then restore your normal chest.sacred2chest file to the Sacred 2 folder and restart and continue your game.

=================================
Compatibility:

If you have another mod installed that changes the same files or if you have made any personal changes to the files listed above, they will be lost.

This mod is designed to be compatible with the latest Community Patch (currently 1.40hf) and was created using those files. If the Community Patch is updated then this mod will be updated to maintain compatibility.

This mod REQUIRES Sacred 2 Ice and Blood with the latest patch (2.65.2.0) plus the latest Community Patch.

This mod is mostly compatible with Wardust's Serious Textures mod, so long as Wardust's mod is installed FIRST. Certain changes from Wardust's mod in surface.txt will be lost however, such as shiny armors and fuzzy animals. All other changes will apply correctly. I can make a fully compatible version if requested.

This mod incorporates Nighthawk's fixes to drop.txt that increase the drop rate of Mutation sets (for ALL characters).

This mod is NOT compatible with Llama Mod. If both mods are installed, whichever one is installed second will overwrite the first. I can make a compatible version if there is enough demand.

Currently only English and German versions are supported. The pieces will not have correct names in other languages. Contact me at Darkmatters.org to request a version in a different language.

oftSbaB.jpg

F2Q7lg8.jpg

rBbWPRW.jpg

Development thread and more info:
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21424-mod-new-dragon-mage-sets-in-development/

Detailed item info and lore is also included in a text file in the download.

Thanks to:
*Pesmontis for his crucial knowledge and tireless efforts in helping me get this project off the ground and completed, and also for translating the names into German.
*Czevak and Dragon Brother for getting me going with starter tips on what files to edit.
*LazyTomcat and those who made mods before me so I could follow their example.
*Gogoblender and Schot for hosting this mod on Darkmatters.org
*Everyone at Darkmatters who has followed the development of this mod and offered support and encouragement.

Click here to download this file (English)

Download (Deutsch)

• Like! 1

Awesome work Flix! Awesome awesome awesome! The colours and styles are just fantastic. I hope you're very proud of your work. You should be! Laie_84.gif

Why yes, I suppose I am! Thank you. A few months ago it was just an inkling in my head and now it's a reality. I'm also very excited to try them all out and give them "long term" testing since I'm still very actively playing Sacred 2!

And I'm even more excited about where this mod is going. It's kind of headed towards being a "Community Items" mod to supplement the CM Patch with some things that weren't able to be added in the final release (and who knows, maybe it can merge with the CM Patch if they are able to do a final release).

Check here if you want to see the future of the mod. And chip-in an idea or three if you have them! Aside from my work specifically, I am working on being able to bundle it with sets by Pesmontis, Dmitrius and Tom.Morrow, depending on what they are able to contribute.

Edited by Flix