A goody that doesn't quite fit the goody category.

I was looking at "Show us your goodies", and I wanted to post there, but my world is centered around gemstones, and lets face it: what I buy has limited appeal here. I do have one item that has more mass-appeal, but it's not a recent purchase. I bought this....about 11 years ago, when I was stationed in NASWI:

post-27088-0-76691200-1390159826_thumb.jpg

This is my favorite possession, well...next to my hookah. I bought it at the bar/bowling alley on base. Wait a sec.... I don't think it was at NASWI, because the Nor'Wester had a separate bowling alley and bar. Plus, I had a severed PCL and compression fractures in my spine. I bought the ball in a trench coat and cowboy boots, and I wouldn't have worn that in Washington in my condition. I remember Pendleton having a bowling alley/bar, but California's not the type weather you wear trench coats in. Great Lakes had a bowling alley/bar, but I don't remember lugging that thing from Illinois to Cali, then to Washington....but I thought I remembered Monington and Spelina being with me....Anyway, it was bought on base between 11 to 13 years ago. On a side note, the military is where I discovered absinthe. I'll tell you what, absinthe isn't something you chug like Jager, Dimple, Jack, or Hennessy, it's something you treat with respect, like Jameson. Anyway, I saw this little beauty, and didn't realize it was a bowling ball. I thought it was like a Wizard of Oz crystal ball. "Crystal ball, show me what's in my immediate future......oh, look, BEER is in my immediate future!!!!" And that's how it's remained since I bought it=no holes. From the military, to college, and even in my domestic life, when this baby comes out, it means "it's on!".

Absinthe is allowed again in most european states at least. newer tests showed that toxic reaction of mouses and humans are not comparable all times.

There is Waldmeister, woodruff, grewing just at our house and I am more used to it. its forbidden in commercial stuff but still allowed if you use it on your own. Its a tricky thing but harvested fresh at the right time and carefully prepared it is no real risc. We make even icecream based on it.

Ooohh it's a bowling ball. I had no idea what I was looking at. I thought you had some kind of Iron Man reactor implanted in your chest that ran on Budweiser.

• Like! 1

A bowling ball...

I thought it would have been one of these I get rid of an addiction acryl things. I know people who place there last cigarette into an acryl block, or their soccer shoes after the last game they did, ...

10 pin bowling is rare here. There are some 9pin bowling places, we have even one in the cellar of our fire department for recreation. Personally I like 9pin over 10pin. But that is probably because I am more used to it: more straight shots, less rotating/spinning.

At multi-nation NATO maneuvres we played often both and it is not easy to adapt from one to the other.

Now, THAT, Flix, would have been awesome. Sorry, guys, I could have sworn I said bowling ball and that I never drilled holes in it because I prefer it to be like the Wizard of Oz crystal ball. But that's me sometimes: I bury pertinent info in a wall of blah.

Chattius has given me an idea. I knew about encapsulating addiction type of stuff and coins, they had a piece of space shuttle encapsulated on the show Pawn Stars. But I didn't know it was acrylic resin. Here's the deal: I've been trying to thing of ways to masculinize crystal carvings. Let's face it, even the word figurine is feminine. I wanted to do little carvings like scorpions, sharks, and weapons, but there's a reason why you don't really see crystal scorpions and arachnids: they're too delicate, those spindly little appendages snap off if you so much as look at them wrong. Most of the scorpions are either lead crystal or crystal beads sewn together and placed on brooches.That's why I only do thicker stuff like skulls and Appalachian horses. But I bet that I could do anything with acrylic resin, with the right tools and dyes. You've given me something to think about, Chattius. I see acrylic used to encapsulate, but I don't see much acrylic resin used to make carvings, other than anime looking things. I bet I could make some really savage looking critters, for guys that want something to place on their shelves but don't want crystal or a female brooch.

Edited by Gilberticus