Question about the Weapon Bonus% and Armor Bonus% stats

Can someone explain to me how this stats are calculated or what they mean?

When I start the game, my Level 1 Gladiator has the following stats (naked-nothing equipped):

Strenght: 33
Endurance: 19
Dexterity: 20
Physical Regeneration: 25
Mental Regeneration: 0
Charisma: 11
- - -
Health: 147
- - -
Attack: 26
Defense: 22
- - -
Weapon: 12-21 (physical=12-21; fire=0; magic=0; poison=0)
Weapon Bonus: 56%
Attack Speed: 140
- - -
Resistance: 4 (physical=2; fire=1; magic=0; poison=1)
Armor Bonus: 20%
- - - // - - -
Weapon Lore: 1
Concentration: 1

Now, when I equip a Torch with the following stats the Weapon Bonus drops to 47%:

Estimated Damage: 7-13
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Fire: 5-9
Fire Damage: +20% Dexterity

But when I equip a Sword with the following stats the Weapon Bonus keeps the 56% value:

Estimated Damage: 34-43
Attack: 2
Physical: 22-28
Weapon Damage: +11% Strenght

Why this happens to the Weapon Bonus?

Another question: How is the Estimated Damage calculated for the sword example I gave?

Can someone explain to me how this stats are calculated or what they mean?

Strength, Endurance, Dexterity and Charisma do more or less the obvious. Melee weapons use Strength for the bonuses. Ranged weapons use Dexterity.

Physical and Mental Regenerations improve your nonemagical and magical combat arts.

Attack / Defense = Chance to hit / Chance to dodge.

You can read up more about the attributes here

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Attributes

Why this happens to the Weapon Bonus?

The torch is a night illumination tool. It was never meant to be a weapon over level 1 and you can easily find better fire damage weapons later in the game. Don’t sell the torch though, as you will never get it back. Put it in the storage box for later.

I have no idea why the torches weapon bonus is a negative. Your starting Weapon Bonus is 56% and will rise depending on weapon types and stats. Melee weapons use Strength for the bonus. Ranged weapons use Dexterity. The percentage can go over 100%.

Concentrate more on final actual damage (“Weapon”), “attack” and “to hit %”, and “attack speed” (in weapon damage description).

How is the Estimated Damage calculated for the sword example I gave?

Many factors happen here (see the bonuses in the tiny "+" next to your characters portrait), but the result is seen in the “Weapon” data on the right side of the inventory, excluding the “damage against specific monster type”.

Best way to compare weapons is to quickly swap them out with the mouse rightclick.

• Like! 1