Sacred 2 Damage formulas

I've never tested it. Does this imply that critical hits don't exist at all for spells? In other words, do the Aspect Lores' increases to "Chance for Critical Hits" actually do anything for Spell-Based Combat Arts?

According to what mibbs tested, respective lores, appropriate CA modifications and Intelligence (each 50 points in intelligence give you +1%) do affect Critical Hit chance for spells. It's just the equipment that seems lacking effect. And I'm not entirely sure it is not some kind of bug. In-game description of this modifier says nothing about spells. On other hand, it won't be the first modifier that works differently from what people expect.

• Like! 1

Well, I finally finished this guide. It got even bigger than it was at the beginning, but the information is really interesting. It's now on the wiki, in the guide section: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Damage_Mechanics_for_Spell_Damage_Based_Combat_Arts

Also, I decided to make use of language option and assembled the russian version of the page, with the original version of the text and notes that mibbs sent me.

On a side note, there is one fact in this guide that surprised me - Chance for Critical Hits modifier found on equipment and blacksmith arts does not work with spells. It works with weapon CAs well enough, but not with spells. At least not with High Elf's spells. Mibbs said that he took HE's Mutation set, filled all sockets with appropriate blacksmith arts and saw no effect whatsoever (critical hits were just as rare as with naked character). I wonder if this is the same for other characters. Flix, as you seem to like Dragon Mages, maybe you have noticed something along these lines?

Brilliant!

Silver you've done such a good job with your translation and ghost-writing on this.

Such demand for you for detailed, comprehensive work like this, I'm actually thrilled reading this on the Wiki, and the fact that it's with work from mibbs is outstanding and so darkmattersish ... PERFECT

Good job!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

The big problem was my inexperience and lack of knowledge of a scripting language, I have not found a formula in the game data, and evaluate them in the process of gaming experiences. I can thrice vouch for this information.

Special thanks yandex-translator, which proved the uselessness. Do not use online translators, learn the language!

• 1 year later...

About Casting speed the wiki says that

The item with the highest modifier of this type adds directly to your magical and weapon-based Combat Art execution speed

So does it means that it is a waste to stack different item with +Cast speed if only the highest is applied ?

Also is the casting speed stat seen on the inventory "cumulative sign" exact ?
If I have a weapon with innate +Cast speed bonus and socket jewelry with +Cast speed bonus does it only applies the innate bonus or stack all the bonus because it is on the same source ?