Wet Danger Quest

purringcat

It's been years since I played this game and have a question.

In the new Steam version, the Shaman is NOT immortal and he died on the way to draining the lake. I no longer have an orange circle and there's a big red X on the quest Wet Danger. Does this mean I have to start over or is there a way to resurrect the quest. Am playing a light Dryad.

There are other deviations in the Steam version of Ice and Blood. You can't pass through the gates at Dragonmaw Pass and can't do the Mount quest in Freemode.

Edit: thanks for helping me get back on Gogo

Edited by purringcat
  • Like! 1

You can't pass through the gates at Dragonmaw Pass and can't do the Mount quest in Freemode.

These are both expected. You can only pass through the gates at Dragonmaw Pass if you are in the Shadow Campaign, and certain quests are not available in Free Mode (such as the Mount Quest, Class Quests, the Seraphim Island Arena and Dragon boss quests, the Blind Guardian quest and the Spirit of Atherton).

As for your issue with Wet Danger: That is strange.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a solution (apart from starting over), nor can I help troubleshoot this problem. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with this one!

• Like! 1

These are both expected. You can only pass through the gates at Dragonmaw Pass if you are in the Shadow Campaign, and certain quests are not available in Free Mode (such as the Mount Quest, Class Quests, the Seraphim Island Arena and Dragon boss quests, the Blind Guardian quest and the Spirit of Atherton).

That's not quite correct. My first comeback char was a light seraphim and she went through the gates in freeplay and did the mount quest.

And I've spent last past week trying to understand how she did it.

In the new Steam version, the Shaman is NOT immortal and he died on the way to draining the lake. I no longer have an orange circle and there's a big red X on the quest Wet Danger. Does this mean I have to start over or is there a way to resurrect the quest. Am playing a light Dryad.

There are other deviations in the Steam version of Ice and Blood. You can't pass through the gates at Dragonmaw Pass and can't do the Mount quest in Freemode.

This makes no sense. Wet Danger is a primary quest. You have to go kill the Octogamalus and in order to do that, the shaman is supposed to turn the water off so you can get in and do the job. I haven't ever lost him before. Have you tried going back to the chief to see if the shaman spawned there again?

Does reloading the game have any effect?

Dragonmaw Pass... Hmm. Odd. In my version of the game, yes, you can pass thru the gates in Free Play mode.

That's not quite correct. My first comeback char was a light seraphim and she went through the gates in freeplay and did the mount quest.

And I've spent last past week trying to understand how she did it.

Free Play mode is - as the name suggests - free play. You're free to move around the world of Ancaria at will. You can jump around the map in no particular order without the limitations of the campaign.

• Like! 1

My apologies. I stand corrected. You should be able to walk through the gate and start the Mount Quest in Free World.
I'm sure this was unavailable at some point on the console version (because I remember trying to "troubleshoot" the Mount Quest not being available in Free World with friends, but we all gave up and assumed it was another quest locked to Campaign). I think this was pre-patch.

I can confirm that the other quests that I listed are still unavailable in Free World though (at least, on console).

I've thought of some possible solutions:

Wet Danger - If reloading the game doesn't have any effect, then perhaps reinstalling the game might (emphasis on "might") fix all of the issues. Otherwise, these seem to be permanent issues of the Steam version (though I'm not sure why the coding would change just for the Steam version). Alternatively: Are there any patches or updates (such as the CM Patch) which you could install also?
Getting to the Mount Quest - If the doors are closed, use the underground tunnel (from the Light campaign).

You're already in the hands of experts purring, just here to hug you and say, dang, good seeing you again...dont stay away so long y'heeyah?

:hugs:

gogo

My apologies. I stand corrected. You should be able to walk through the gate and start the Mount Quest in Free World.

I'm sure this was unavailable at some point on the console version (because I remember trying to "troubleshoot" the Mount Quest not being available in Free World with friends, but we all gave up and assumed it was another quest locked to Campaign). I think this was pre-patch.

I can confirm that the other quests that I listed are still unavailable in Free World though (at least, on console).

I've thought of some possible solutions:

Wet Danger - If reloading the game doesn't have any effect, then perhaps reinstalling the game might (emphasis on "might") fix all of the issues. Otherwise, these seem to be permanent issues of the Steam version (though I'm not sure why the coding would change just for the Steam version). Alternatively: Are there any patches or updates (such as the CM Patch) which you could install also?

Getting to the Mount Quest - If the doors are closed, use the underground tunnel (from the Light campaign).

I uninstalled the game and started completely new toons - two of them to make sure things worked. It solved the issue at least in freeplay. They both have mounts and the gate was open. There were a number of smaller issues with quests (the gray circle didn't change spots when it should) and those are gone too.

I really thank everyone for their advice and your website is great. I tweaked my balance file so the toons run faster and that's a joy. :ike:

• Like! 1

The Steam version is identical to the one originally distributed on DVD. The ONLY real difference between the two is the packaging. The original distribution was on DVD while the Steam version is designed to be electronically distributed by way of the Steam network. There are no differences once you've gotten the game installed.

The reason being - the tools needed to make changes to the game are no longer available to the people who own the game - Deep Silver. They've long since claimed they couldn't fix the plethora of bugs found in 2.64 and the two minor patches 2.65.1 and 2.65.2, Deep Sliver may have bought the game franchise, the game itself and such, but they didn't buy the stuff needed to make any major changes in the game... Had they done so... Development may have continued and who knows where the game might be today.

• Like! 1