Praise for Tsunami e-cigarette

Dudes, I'm loving this thing. I have the rechargeable one, not the disposable kind. I was highly skeptical at first, I've been a Camel menthol smoker for close to 20 years. At first, I wasn't really into it, but I thought "ehh, doing it for the twins, can't have my minions around cigarette smoke, and the neighbor freaks out when I take my hookah outside". But I haven't had a cigarette in like two weeks, and I don't miss it. Well, I was wavering once, but my dad came over, and had a cigarette outside, and that right there stopped me in my tracks, it stank So badly. I feel better, smell better, no more stains on my finger, got whitening strips for my teeth. I'm not going to be one of those "try it, you'll love it, it'll totally change your world" type of people, because I've never had good experiences with things people recommended to me. "Oh,man, if you love soda, wait til you try Soda Stream!" Yeah, not a fan. "Dude if you like Sacred 2, you're gunna love Torchlight 2 and Loki and Grim Dawn and Kenshi !" Nope. So, I'm not going to tell you you'd love the Tsunami, I don't play that way. But I'll tell you what, I'll never smoke a cigarette again, regardless of the "never say never" saying.

Thanks :) Man, I'll tell you what, I've tried every single stinking product in the US to try to quit smoking, from gums to patches to hypnosis, to candy, to that laser surgery stuff, to herbal cigarettes, to pills, and nothing worked. Hell, I've probably spent almost as much money trying to quit as I have on cigarettes. I wish I would have had the Tsunami years ago.

Knuckles was praising these kinds of devices not long ago. They seemed to be a big help and he had gone months I think without smoking. The biggest change he said was regaining his sense of smell.

...there's laser surgery for quitting smoking?

Great its working for you Gilberticus!

Always happy with someone else is getting some satisfaction from kicking the habit.

I was a two pack a day smoker for more than twenty years before finally giving up that last pack.

SacredWiki and DarkMatters was built on ashtrays piled on ashtrays those years back in the hey day, and , then, I could never believe, and in fact would weep over the idea, of even thinking that I could do anything on a computer without striking a match.

Never looked back, and happy to hear your story

:)

gogo

Little update. It's easy to say "Oh, I'm never having a cigarette again!" when the e cigarette is charged, but what about those couple hours it takes to recharge the battery? During recharging, what if you happen to have a few cigarettes laying on the table? THAT'S when temptation strikes. On top of that, I was watching Hellraiser, and I forgot what hour and a half long advertisements for cigarettes those movies are. On a side note, I wonder if anyone's considered making a Pinhead helmet? That's the one bad guy I've always wanted to play, and have never been given the opportunity. So, hard day to begin with, AND I left my shrimp and kielbasa scampi on the stove and the cats knocked it off (creating one heck of a mess and ruining dinner), AND I watched Frank and Julia and guys at the bar smoke through the whole movie. Kirsty Cotton looked like she wanted to light up a few times. And I'm pretty sure the homeless dude was thinking "Ya know, a cigarette after my little meal of crickets might be nice!" But, my Camel silvers remained on the table. I thought about putting them in resin, but that's the easy way out in my mind. I want cigarettes sitting right in plain view ,at least until the twins are born. It's easy to play the "out of sight, out of mind" game, but I get a bigger kick out of staring tobacco right in the face and popping it the bird.

On a side note, I wonder if anyone's considered making a Pinhead helmet? That's the one bad guy I've always wanted to play, and have never been given the opportunity.

Try googling "hellraiser pinhead costume" before they jack up the prices for Halloween. :pump2:

I want cigarettes sitting right in plain view ,at least until the twins are born. It's easy to play the "out of sight, out of mind" game, but I get a bigger kick out of staring tobacco right in the face and popping it the bird.

I almost don’t smoke. But if I ever will, it will be manly 50s style cigars or pipes. Expenicve, yes, but it's more of a selebration than a fix. I find people who smoke cigarettes don’t have any better way to procrastinate through the day. To bad the best procrastinatons and hobbies were invented/perfected/acepted in the last 40 years.

Got myself this bad boy this summer. Never fired it up, but dam did I rock our weekly boardgames of Risk 2210 AD.

pear_wood_hand_carved_tobacco_smoking_pi

My Boss smokes one of these e-pipes or however they are called. He said there is a not so cheap vaporizer liquid which is very close to the taste of a normal pipe.

My brother has a e-pipe too. He said it makes him think twice before speaking and people don't exspect quick answers from pipe smokers. They are normally considered wise and good listereners.

My wife as a doc said that if she would been a boy she would probably smoke a pipe as a doc. JUst to listen too the people. The doc whose rooms she took when he retired was a pipe smoker.

• Like! 1

Ya know, you don't see a lot of female pipe smokers in my neck of the woods.So I looked it up, thinking maybe female pipe smokers are less taboo in other parts of the world. I found a pipe magazine looking for females to model pipes. I'm looking through these pictures, and I really wanted to think "good for you, ladies, tear down some gender walls!" but I can't, it just looks bizarre. When I think of pipes, a lot of images come to mind, but they're all of dudes. The strange thing to me is I've seen plenty of females smoking bowls in my life, and that didn't seem masculine. So, I can't speak fro the rest of the world, but I have figured out why pipe smoking is masculine in my mind's eye: it's the color. Every pipe I've seen is dark in color, and wood. Dark wood is masculine to me, it's the walnut in the hunter's trophy room, or the dark cherry of the professor's study. Of course females can be professors and hunters, but I don't picture them standing by dark wood. So, the female smoking a bowl doesn't look masculine but a pipe does..... I wonder what a female would look smoking a pipe that was less masculine: a little sleeker, sexier, without the walnut and cherry?

• 2 weeks later...

Like you I had tried EVERYTHING to quit....was a 2 pack a day smoker for almost 30 years. I was resigned to the fact that I would be a smoker for life. Only tried e-cigs because I had a week-long job at a high school where smoking is illegal. It would have been too much of a hassle to clean up tools, get in truck and drive somewhere just to have a cig.

So I got some disposable e-cigs to get me through the day. And they worked so well I didn't miss having a real cig during the work day.

Been on them since July. So around 8 months now. I'm using recharging ones too. But I also have a bunch of disposable ones at work and home just in case I have to wait for one to recharge.

I don't miss real cigs at all and that is the key...I know if I missed them even a little I would have faltered and had a real one, just the way the addiction works. But now I find that having a cigarette is not an 'event', there's no cig breaks or lighting one up every time I get into my truck or work van. So my smoking habits have changed too. I find I can have a puff or two and I'm good instead of rushing outside and smoking a cig as quick as I can. So I'm actually smoking less.

I never realized how bad my clothes smelled or how bad my truck did. I actually re-painted my bedroom walls and replaced the carpet just to get rid of the smell. Heck my cat now visits me in my bedroom, something she never did for the first 10 years I've had her :D

• 3 months later...

I don't normally revisit old topics, but the Tsunami is kind of rubbish, there are MUCH better e-cigarettes on the market than Tsunami. The Tsunami is SO fragile, one wrong bump and the thing leaks all over the place. It also overheats very quickly, the wicks also burn out very fast, and the batteries take FOREVER to charge. In addition, there is no protection on the battery against overcharging. The Tsunami was a nice little beginner e cigarette. But once you get accustomed to vaping, there are much better products out there. I've tested most of them, and my particular favorite is the iTaste MVP. This thing has variable voltage, variable wattage, a puff counter, over-discharge protection, short circuit protection..... it just blows Tsunami out of the water. Of course it's a good chunk of change more than the Tsunami. But man, there's a night and day difference. I think my favorite feature on this is the puff counter. Because I'll tell you what, with some of these flavors, like Mtn Dew, Rootbeer, Peach, Watermelon, and Strawberry Margarita, it's easy to forget that you're using a product that contains nicotine. Even regular menthol tastes better than a normal cigarette. Even if you go the "no nicotine" route, it's still nice to monitor how many puffs you've had. I have one final thought. Some of these stores are new to selling e cigarettes, and there's one fact that some of the newer stores don't tell you: you can't put citrus vapor juice ( Esp the Mtn Dew stuff) in a plastic clearomizer (the clear tank part that stores the fluid) because it WILL melt it, you have to use the glass ones. Someone got hurt from using citrus e-juice in a plastic clearomizer in this state.

So, that's my take on that, felt nice to type something non-work related and to think about something here beyond the discussion on whether or not Sacred 3 will suck :)

• Like! 1