Unique and Legendary Database Renewal

I decided to leave Legendaries alone for now, as they are already decent looking and other sections are in more dire need of attention. So I'm working with Unlock Items now.

Did a couple of new pages for missing unlocks: Kroll's Law and Grunwald's Protection. Now all 37 of them are present on the wiki. Also sorted out the main Unlock page and started working with image replacement. Will continue with them later this week.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

These look great. The new pictures along with the clear, crisp stats images really make these pages something to be proud of.

• 8 months later...

I took a break from modding for a few days to help the rejuvenation continue. The main uniques database has had some updates! I've made some big strides in making new stats pictures to replace the old grainy ones. In fact all unique weapons and jewelry should now have more uniform and clear stats pics.

I also followed Silver Fox's lead and took the opportunity to format each item's page so it looks a bit more complete, and added info like level jumps, associated skills and stats, and general interesting notes. In a few cases I made new in-use pics as well, though most still look good after all this time. Items that got new models with Ice and Blood are more clearly designated and explained. And there's lots more interlinking going on. Also I used transclusion format where possible.

Check out Ice Flash as an example.

You can also see I moved the 2-handed hafted weapons from "All Class" section to the Shadow Warrior's uniques page. They are after all class-specific, like the Dryad's blowpipes or TG's batteries, so I moved them to the SW's page in the same manner.

I updated the quest items pages as well. I added the associated quests that go with the items. I also added in a few "rares" - this may be controversial. Dragon Scale Amulet for example has fixed stats and name. They're not randomly generated like true rare items. It's basically a unique item that happens to have yellow-text name instead of gold.

• Like! 1

I love this

And chance was when I was looking through the pages today, saw the revamp you did to the formatting and even chuckled at the replacement you did to AntiTrust's original amulet with the (yay) ^^

Nice work Flix, the work you're continuing from Silverfox's start, is getting the l'il Wiki on it's way to becoming an art piece

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I love this

And chance was when I was looking through the pages today, saw the revamp you did to the formatting and even chuckled at the replacement you did to AntiTrust's original amulet with the (yay) ^^

Haha I couldn't help it. :D I hope removals like will be forgiven in the interest of sounding more like a Wiki and less like a forum post.

Nice work Flix, the work you're continuing from Silverfox's start, is getting the l'il Wiki on it's way to becoming an art piece

It's really something to be proud of as a community, it rivals any game Wiki in depth and quality, even ones for huge mainstream AAA game series.

• Like! 1