Potential NEW Easter Egg... The Illuminati...?

Whilst doing the High Elf class quest - I think I may have discovered another egg...

In this quest, the HE is sent to go fetch the treasure for Mayita DeElfici from a cave on the eastern end of the Jungle map.

When she recovers the chest, she says:

post-14586-0-86664500-1392802163_thumb.jpg

Now then.. Anyone familiar with the US $1 bill will note there is such an item depicted on the back of the bill. (bottom left)

post-14586-0-38585000-1392802321_thumb.jpg

Here's a close up of the eye itself...

post-14586-0-43243000-1392802925_thumb.jpg

So... There has been a LOT of speculation as to the origin of this pyramid with the all seeing eye thing. It's been suggested that it belongs to the Masonic order. Some say it belongs to the Illuminati... Some say it's got satanic influences...

post-14586-0-79413600-1392803026_thumb.jpg

Note the bits about the pyramid eye thing in the photo above..

Not gonna go too deep into the Illuminati and all the other gibberish here, but many have said that the Illuminati are, at best, the worst possible thing that could ever happen to mankind. Going back to what the HE says.. A Doomsday Organization...

You be the judge...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

Probably. The book 'Illuminati' appeared when Sacred2 was in the making. The movie 'Illuminati' appreared 2008/2009. So I am not sure if the makers joined the hype about the book and the movie which was at that time.

Dollar or Euro, what is more evil: The back of the german 50Cent coin:

sverschwoerbild132.jpg

It looks innocent, but the hidden dangers are the worst:

sverschwoerbild133.jpg

Give people enough time and they can find anything they want (or need to) find in anything.

So - hogwash with the concept.

For what it's worth - the devs of Sacred 2 went out of their way to put in mostly humorous spoofs when they went to work on their Easter Eggs.

I'm certain they were out to skewer the conspiracy nuts..

Edited by wolfie2kX

I agree it to be a Dan Brown "Angels and Demons" tease. See the "all seeing eye" about 2/3 of the way down on this page: http://www.danbrown.com/angels-demons/

DeElfici is probably a play on DeMedici, who, from 20 seconds of google searching, were involved w/ the Illuminati.

I'm curious how else in Sacred 2 is the word "Demiurge" used.

This item bears a striking resemblance to the description. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Battery_of_the_Demiurge

And this Temple Guardian quest talks about the Demiurge. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Creators_and_Destroyers

The Demiurge in Sacred 2 represents the 'dark side'... The TG armor set called the "Technical Modules" all have the word Demiurge in their names - the one you references is part of that set.

In addition, the entire TG class quest chain has to do with the Demiurge. The Demiurge is referred to in the game as "mother"... The light Temple Guardian has to decide on being part of the status quo - aka the Demiurge - or rebel against "mother".

Apparently, during the time of the "Great War" mentioned in the start of the game, there were forces who wanted to destroy the dragons - among them the Demiurge. Part of the light TG quest chain is to stop the dark side from carrying out this final plan on eradicating all of dragonkind.

The Dark version of the class quest has you doing the opposite.

I would imagine the quote the HE says (light side HE) speaks of some familiarity with the organization on Ancaria known as the Demiurge...

Edited by wolfie2kX

I always understood the Demiurge to be the Great Machine, and the "Mother" to be some kind of sentience that developed from it/inside it that went insane a bit like Hal from 2001 did and tried to wipe out the Dragons and Elves.

CreatorsAndDestroyers_HologramDialog.jpg

There's also that line in the Temple Guardian's bio that says, "The creator of the Great Machine also created Temple Guardians to protect the machine and the temple that was built around it." In Platonic and Gnostic thought the Demiurge was an abstract creator/fashioner of the universe. It would make a little more sense to think of the Great Machine as the mother and the Demiurge as the creator(s) of the Machine and Guardians. Of course the quest dialog for the TG class quest ends up explaining it a little differently.

Altogether, I'm not sure it has a concrete connection to the Illuminati conspiracy/secret organization elements.

• Like! 1

I always understood the Demiurge to be the Great Machine, and the "Mother" to be some kind of sentience that developed from it/inside it that went insane a bit like Hal from 2001 did and tried to wipe out the Dragons and Elves.

CreatorsAndDestroyers_HologramDialog.jpg

There's also that line in the Temple Guardian's bio that says, "The creator of the Great Machine also created Temple Guardians to protect the machine and the temple that was built around it." In Platonic and Gnostic thought the Demiurge was an abstract creator/fashioner of the universe. It would make a little more sense to think of the Great Machine as the mother and the Demiurge as the creator(s) of the Machine and Guardians. Of course the quest dialog for the TG class quest ends up explaining it a little differently.

Altogether, I'm not sure it has a concrete connection to the Illuminati conspiracy/secret organization elements.

This also kind of explains why Testa is regarded on the shadow end of the scale as opposed to the light side.

That said... I don't see any direct connection between the Demiurge and the Illuminati.. The one thing that's sorely lacking from the game is the Demiurge itself. Yes.. it's a big, faceless machine. But even HAL 9000 had a sort of face - even if it was just that one solo red eye..

Maybe, if Ascaron survived it's financial woes, maybe there might have been more content related to this. Guessing we'll never know..

• Like! 1