PoE ->Account S2_Chrona *** Bnet -> Chrona#2863

#2 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,292 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

S3 lives!
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#3 kriv

kriv

Chromium Defender

• Fellowship
  • 301 posts
  • Gamertag:Xfire: Krivv
  • PSN ID:kriv99

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Just saw this. Reminded me to get my ass back over here to darkmatters.

#4 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Awesome cinematic, I'm more and more curious about the actual gameplay now :)

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#5 Veracious

Veracious

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

wonder if they have a Class list yet. I'm curious what characters they all were. the elf and seraphim were obvious of course.

#6 Ryanrocker

Ryanrocker

Cobalt Warrior

• Fellowship
  • 2,038 posts
  • Steam Name:Glacierbolt

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

wonder if they have a Class list yet. I'm curious what characters they all were. the elf and seraphim were obvious of course.

Also the ranger and warrior from Sacred Citadel were in there. That's a whole 4 we know now :D

Check out my Unbended Content!       Or the Unbended Subreddit!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/Glacierbolt                    http://www.reddit.com/r/unbended 

#7 Silver_fox

Silver_fox

Prince of Helium

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

As of now, the list of announced characters for Sacred 3 includes the Seraphim (who looks more like High Elf in the beginning of that trailer, but that's my opinion), Ancarian Ranger and Shaman from citadel, and somebody called Malakhim. 

Though I'm not sure how close the gameplay would be to what we are used to see in Sacred. In some interview Deep Silver people gave recently (sorry, I can't give you a link as I myself only read the russian translation of this text) they said that each character has a weapon type assigned to him/her, so I guess we won't be seeing kung fu Dryads and pistol-wielding mages here. And it does not look like they did some essential changes to gameplay since they last showed it - it's still party-oriented and big open world does not seem to be planned.

Out of chocolate. Please refill!

#8 birne

birne

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Gameplay footage coming soon!
Also there are a few new gameplay screenshots ... (http://kotaku.com/ht...-bri-1526026859)

What they did change are the AI buddies ... they're gone.

#9 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,041 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Except for a video made by a fan, this is THE best trailer made for the franchise...EVER

Content, editing, humor, all spot on.

I like how this is going so far, couldn't have thought of anything better to come home to from work.

Nice going Deep Silver!

Birne, I like your news on the vanquished AI Buddies, and will hold breath abate for the ingame!

:)

gogo

#10 Schot

Schot

DarkMatter's Imagineer

• Administrator
  • 8,572 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

WOOHOO!  At long last.  A tastey Sacred 3 treat.  That was awesome.  I love the style they used for the video.  Not like those clunky old and awkward trailers from the past, haha.  Was like watching a Sacred 3-ish version of the Avengers.  Go Sacred 3!  Go Deep Silver!  :drool:

#11 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,041 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

I like the fact they listened to the fans about all the extra AI... kinda silly imo...but how about the other stuff we we mentionned... small, linear world, lack of customization...

maybe, kinda I can possibly deal with a linear world...but PLEASE give us some half-decent customization...

that IS Sacred

gogo

#12 Spock

Spock

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

By the time I found this topic there was nothing to be found in the original post. What happened?

I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#13 lujate

lujate

Cobalt Warrior

• 3,292 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

By the time I found this topic there was nothing to be found in the original post. What happened?

All there was, was a YouTube vid, and it is still there for me.
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." -Gandhi

#14 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

Alright, watched like 30 times now.  Put my eyes back in my head and mopped the drool off my chin.

One thing I really love, is that I can see aesthetics preserved from previous Sacred games.  Aside from the generic fire demon bad guys (who kind of look like they came from Dungeon Siege II), I feel like I'm familiar with what I'm looking at.

Looking at the cinematic, which is just too awesome for words, I have to wonder, is any of this stuff in gameplay?  

Can the Seraphim fly (it doesn't have to be flashy, even something like what the Daemon could do in S:UW) ?

Can the Dragon Mage teleport around in smoke (that had BETTER be be a Dragon Mage, I mean look at him!) ?

Can melee weapons be thrown (how awesome would it be to have a weapon with a boomerang type effect like Mjölnir or something) ?

I could probably make peace with a smaller, non-open world.  But for it to be Sacred I feel like there needs to be a large amount of skills, combat arts, and equipment combinations.  

Edited by Flix, 20 February 2014 - 01:18 AM.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#15 Spock

Spock

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Hmm. The only way I could see it was to quote the post ... Wonder why I couldn't see anything otherwise?

[Added]

Even after quoting the post, I still can't see anything but I can copy the link while in edit mode and paste it into my browser to see the video.

What's going on here! :dntknw:

Edited by Spock, 20 February 2014 - 01:51 AM.

I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#16 Veracious

Veracious

Prismatic Enchanter

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hmm. The only way I could see it was to quote the post ... Wonder why I couldn't see anything otherwise?

[Added]
Even after quoting the post, I still can't see anything but I can copy the link while in edit mode and paste it into my browser to see the video.

What's going on here! :dntknw:

The video is searchable on YouTube and it's also posted on the sacred world site

#17 masteff

masteff

Wither Mothologist

• Supporting Member
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

How'd they get off the bridge?  They won the battle but got stuck in an area of the map from which they could not move.  They probably had to restart from their last save game.

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams

#18 Flooxim

Flooxim

Thorium Conjurer

• Fellowship - Supporting Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Awesome trailer! Finally it's happening, and I can't wait to play!

#19 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,041 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Alright, watched like 30 times now.  Put my eyes back in my head and mopped the drool off my chin.

One thing I really love, is that I can see aesthetics preserved from previous Sacred games.  Aside from the generic fire demon bad guys (who kind of look like they came from Dungeon Siege II), I feel like I'm familiar with what I'm looking at.

Looking at the cinematic, which is just too awesome for words, I have to wonder, is any of this stuff in gameplay?  

Can the Seraphim fly (it doesn't have to be flashy, even something like what the Daemon could do in S:UW) ?

Can the Dragon Mage teleport around in smoke (that had BETTER be be a Dragon Mage, I mean look at him!) ?

Can melee weapons be thrown (how awesome would it be to have a weapon with a boomerang type effect like Mjölnir or something) ?

I could probably make peace with a smaller, non-open world.  But for it to be Sacred I feel like there needs to be a large amount of skills, combat arts, and equipment combinations.  

lol, I'm ready to make peace... like the way you coined that... at this point, I just want some nod to the game's legacy, but am also kind of looking forward to how they will make this work in our present world where expectations are so high, and game production so costly.

This trailer has an enoormous amount of timing, editing goodness in it.  I've never thought any of the sacred trailers were especially worthy, all kind of hokey and strange...ahh, the things we fall in love with...

This new trailer is different, seems like the team has new peeps on board?

gogo

#20 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,041 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Awesome trailer! Finally it's happening, and I can't wait to play!

YOu summed it up perfectly Max... can't wait to play!

gogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users