Range Array - new 'Matrix' style set for the High Elve

Pesmontis

Outstanding. No other words for it.

An extremely interesting set - both its looks and its stats are good-looking, unusual and would be very interesting to try out in game. The very existance of this set can make a prospect of building a firearm-wielding Elf so much more attractive.

I saw you also posting about this set on Mantis. Are you going to integrate it with CM as well as with Flix's mod?

• Like! 1

It's been very satisfying to see this set come together. Pesmontis put a lot of hard work into bringing it to life, and he sent me everything basically all set up and ready to go. I'm very pleased to say it's now been added to the mod. Great work Pesmontis!

hs2wcUs.jpg

IUopB5r.jpg

A couple Trinity-esque shots for you:

R1qftIT.jpg

tIPdriD.jpg

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Thanks guys, with your appreciation I love to create such models :-)

> ".. about this set on Mantis.."

I have a few other balls in the air for the CM-patch, plus this set hasn't received much attention in Mantis.

> ".. its stats are good-looking.."

That's a relief, really. I have to rely on others to qualify the bonuses.

@ Flix: thanks for the beautiful screenshots, I'd like to know how you make them..

post-19689-0-98506700-1392896996_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pesmontis
  • Like! 1

Well, for shots, step one is I use Schot's camera custom options settings, that gives me total control over camera angles. Step two is I turn of the grass, because it covers feet/legs and it seems like there's somehow always a big tuft of grass blocking that one perfect camera angle.

Attack and Combat Art animations can give some good opportunities for interesting poses but in actual combat it can get chaotic and dangerous with enemies and all the graphical effects that can come into play (burning, life leech, critical hits, etc.). I've found that casting CA's while alone and taking pictures of buff casting animations is a good way to get cool poses. In particular you may recognize that "floating in the air" pose from Children of Asha thread...it's the casting animation for Incadescent Skin. I like it because it captures the High Elf's grace and also opens up her body so that elements of the set (especially on the limbs) are more plainly visible. For those Trinity shots I temporarily removed the fiery swirls for the buff, so she just floats up and spins around and comes back down. Holding shift to walk and block can get some nice poses sometimes as well.

That animation happens very fast, especially with a high casting speed, so liberally using the pause button is the final step. Also, to take pics like that I use the game's built in system with "Print Screen" because it cuts out the UI and any floating text.

I may message you later about refining certain bonuses.

• Like! 1

I am in love with the amount of thought that's gone into this. I've read and re-read the topic over and over. You guys have created some fanastic synergy.

Pesmontis, the great ideas on the names is just fantastic.

Flix, the floating in the air pose... who woulda thought such things could be! And the evasion cuffs to stay in character with Matrix...outstanding!

It's like, you guys have opened up Pandora's box... all movie themes can be had

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Holee molee, Psemontis, I didn't even catch that reference! :lol:

How outstanding that your search cemented this great name as having more meaning! For me, just saying the word out quickly (which we were doing for a while this afternoon) I "caught" what I felt was a phonetic/play reference... but seeing your research pull this up makes me even happier.

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there :bye:

This Set is absolutely phenomenal, respect for this work :resp:

Golden Girl, yes this work is outstanding

excellent you are here, happy to meet

welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...