Error Missing d3dx9_36.dll

So I got the game working just fine on my computer and I am attempting to get it running on my wife's as well so we can play together. But her system (the only difference is the MB) tells me when I attempt to launch the game that it is missing d3dx9_36.dll and refuses to do anything. I have tried installing everything that came with the game and updating her video drivers and even reinstalling the game/video drivers. I even tried copying the files from my computer to hers. Thus far it has only stopped bugging me about the missing file and just does nothing. Right now I seem to be spinning my wheels on the issue and making no real headway. I honestly don't know where to go from here... But I will keep bashing at it like the computer caveman that I am and see what happens... Also.. Should I get it working on her computer I will note here what I did (assuming I have any idea what that happens to be).

OK... So bashing at it some more didn't do a thing. The attached file is the exceptions from the sacred 2 launcher. IDK if that is going to help much but. there is it.

Also attached is the dxdiag from my wifes computer. If anyone can help. PLEASE.

exceptiontxt.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by BrendanMoore
  • Like! 1

OK DaveO. I installed the DX9 redist as you suggested but I encounter the same error when I attempt to load the game. For some reason it is working perfectly on my computer. Do you think it would make any difference if I literally copied my install files to my wife's computer?

Brendan and Pawel, it's amazing that you're both first posters on this topic at the same time and helping out with the community and finding this game and us! :devil:

Thanks DaveO with the answer

Welcome to DarkMatters guys!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Thanks. I will try that. The wife is currently playing Sacred 1 ATM... soooo... it could be a bit. Mr. Admin guy. Your welcome. I actually have played in the past but had written the game off because the install disks I have are not compatible with a 64 bit OS such as I am running now. But thanks to GOG I was able to (for dirt cheep) get the first Sacred (it shall remain unsaid how I obtained the second).

OK so I installed the new DX files you posted... It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at.. Still no dice. I cant for the life of me figure out what is going on and why it wont work. The next thing I am going to do is just copy the functioning install from my computer to hers. I don't know if that will work at all.. but its not like it can hurt.... unless I have a hang nail...

Edited by BrendanMoore

Well. Copying the install directly over and manually deleting and pasting my install in worked. The game will run. I haven't tested it beyond that... But that is an issue for another day... once we beat the living daylights out of sacred 1 more times than I can count. Thanks for your help to everyone that helped. Now to figure out why I cant host a game in Sacred 1.... The wife can... But I cant... Its pissing me off.

• 5 months later...

Easy fix, its just a problem with your directx, I had it too. All you have to do is search d3dx9-36dll in google and download just the file from any website. This will fix your corrupted and missing file if you put it in the game directory (system folder under where your sacred is located).

Hope this helps