Unlocking NPC and Unused Items for the Player

Flix

> ".. should start pouring.."
"It's raining items, halleluja.."

If you find items that need editing / repositioning, then just let me know, OK?

> ".. trying out the Crossbows.. able to wield them properly.."

Wielding would have to use the "..gun" animations, but if a crossbow is considered a 'gun', the shooting effect doesn't match.
A different shooting effect (eg. a small flying arrow) would require a separate weapon class.

Edited by Pesmontis
  • Like! 1

It's a two-handed sword, blueprint 2462 "unlock_sword_2h_krollslaw". Not sure if it can drop normally with CM, or has the same trouble as the shield.

Oh, I know that sword. I think I saw it in one of Knuckles' standard armor chests. I've never seen it drop though, so I'll check on it and add it to the drop lists if it's not there.

krollslaw=coleslaw ? lol

I think I found an Unlock Item that isn't documented on the Wiki, and wasn't made to drop freely with the CM Patch. It's called "unlock_shield_tower_gruni" in blueprint.txt, and it's only present in one droplist (shields) in drop.txt, so it won't drop freely. It's called "Grunwalds_Schutz" there. So, I think what I'll do is try to add it to all the proper droplists so it will drop like other shields and unlock items currently do.

This one actually do show up in the game, but weirdly enough as a yellow rarity item (yes, it can appear at vendors). It acts as an unique otherwise with predetermined stats.

I hope you put some of the one-handed staves into the generic loot pools. There's only one type of elemental damage one-handed staff (ice). It could be cool if there were some fire poison or magic ones as well.

• Like! 1

Hmmm...now that I look at the shield...it's tier 12! That means it's rare-quality, not gold-text. So it would behave as you said. It still should be on more droplists however. I wonder if I should also change the tier to 13 so it's a proper gold-text unique?

I'll see what I can do about adding some random staves.

Any chance we will see your work as a seperate download? Its always such a hassle to update my mod with the latest CM patch, if any new CM patch will ever come out. Plus it would go well with my new project. Now that im a better programmer than I was back then when I made the editor for the spawn.txt, I wanna create an item editor. Simple put, it will allow you to change item properties with a gui and edit the bonusgroups too. And maybe I even can get it to create set items, though that might be a whole new thing all together, I think you need to edit the global.res for the set item names and such. Ill ask around

• 1 month later...

Have the easter cult bunny robes been unlocked for the Inquisitor?

Cultgatherer.jpg

Well, I finally looked into this. Sadly it can't be done without a large amount of work. Turns out the bunny robes aren't separate pieces of equipment, they are basically full-body replacements made specifically to conform to the NPC Inquisitor model, which doesn't match that of the playable Inquisitor. So I don't see it happening. :(

Stay tuned though because there are a few more cool NPC weapons and shields I haven't posted before that I'm going to unlock soon...

• Like! 1

This is an amazing find guys! I was wondering if there is a chance of seraphim S1 shield wings or the bikini default like in the picture on page 1 hidden around in Sacred 2 files. I like the seraphim sword! To bad it's bugged though :( Is it something that could be fixable?

Edited by Saraphima
  • Like! 1

This is an amazing find guys! I was wondering if there is a chance of seraphim S1 shield wings or the bikini default like in the picture on page 1 hidden around in Sacred 2 files. I like the seraphim sword! To bad it's bugged though :( Is it something that could be fixable?

Thank you. It can and has been fixed, and released actually.

New Uniques and Legendaries

And here's the post about the sword and other S1 items. There aren't any other S1 files in Sacred 2 that I found, but some things could be imported over with a little work. :)

They wouldn't look as good, that's right. Not just because of lq textures but also models with lower polygon count. I think looking at the Sereish sword and the Daemon shield that are in the mod would be a fair indication of the visual quality of S1 items.

• Like! 1

I thought so, but still cool. You see them in any angle instead of a few angles compared to S1 so that is a great trade off right there. Kinda old school in a new school kind of way. Now if you could get S1 characters into Sacred 2 but only use S1 items that would be cool also but that would be tons of work to do. Keep up the super cool work :)

• Like! 1

Now if you could get S1 characters into Sacred 2 but only use S1 items that would be cool also but that would be tons of work to do...

Psst...don't tell anybody but... :D

http://I.imgur.com/SUi4x1Q.jpg

Realistically we could only add them as NPC's or followers, but she's pretty much ready to go. That's something for another day though, with all the other projects planned first...

EDIT: Fixed the link.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Huh. Making a new NPC model for what could have been an NPC accessory item set. Well, that's one way to do it. I'm shore they had their reasons.

Well, it's the same old NPC model (plus the ears and feet), just a new full-body texture, so it was probably the quickest, easiest way for them to make a rabbit cultist. The thing is the textures for the NPC Inquisitors don't map onto the playable Inquisitor's model.

• Like! 1

This is like finding a small treasure chest. I like how you named them - Undead Weapons, as if they have some unearthly life of their own or maybe they are posessed by vengeful spirits.

The models are actually good (except for the Legionaire sword), it's the textures that make these weapons look a little drab. They are of fairly low quality. Given enough time for re-texturing, it is possible to turn the bow and the orc sword into really cool-looking weapons. This bow, with bone-like spikes and dog heads at the sides just asks to be retextured into something Anubis-themed (black wood and gold, like Egyptian statues).

It's a very good idea about a sword+shield set, but maybe it's better to consider pairing the Centurion's sword with the shield - they both have yellow-ish metal and skull-shaped elements (the center of the shield and the base of the sword's hilt). The archer's sword is cool, but doesn't match the shield unless you retexture it.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

>"it's the textures that make these weapons look a little drab. They are of fairly low quality."

Yeah, and these are the hq textures I've got loaded for them too, so if I simply unlocked them, they would be looking a bit worse for the average player (using the default mq textures).

I'll work on adding these to the game tonight.

Have the easter cult bunny robes been unlocked for the Inquisitor?

Cultgatherer.jpg

Well, I finally looked into this. Sadly it can't be done without a large amount of work. Turns out the bunny robes aren't separate pieces of equipment, they are basically full-body replacements made specifically to conform to the NPC Inquisitor model, which doesn't match that of the playable Inquisitor. So I don't see it happening. :(

Well, it's the same old NPC model (plus the ears and feet), just a new full-body texture, so it was probably the quickest, easiest way for them to make a rabbit cultist. The thing is the textures for the NPC Inquisitors don't map onto the playable Inquisitor's model.

Odd, because I can easily do it all with this (and it also sort of works on other PCs): graphics11.zip\models\npc\highelves\inquisitor\j_hu-m-rabbitcult-equip01.GR2

inq1-1.jpginq2.jpg

• Like! 1

The equipment works ok, but it's just the ears and feet. And there's already a pair of bunny ears as a unique item. So what would I be adding...just a pair of rabbit feet? I mean I guess I could retexture a pair of Inquisitor robes to match the bunny robes, and then make them new itemtypes, etc. But that's not the same as just unlocking a pair of existing robes, which is what I had in mind.

• Like! 1

Oops, looks I missed another undead item earlier: this is the shield worn by our flail-wielding skeleton soldier above. It's small and not very flashy, but it's got a nice look. It's been unlocked and added to the pool of random magic shields.

OdbmE28t.jpg

• Like! 1