Unlocking NPC and Unused Items for the Player

Flix

• 1 month later...

Here are some new unlocked and unused items that Pesmontis has been sending me. Item names and stats will be posted in the Items Mod thread as they get added to the mod.

Wizard Hat

Pesmontis swiped this off of the RuneMaster.

0pxX1WCt.jpg McZy1n3t.jpg

Carnach Staff

The Carnach's giant flaming staff, scalled down.

HtJBELmt.jpg

Smoke Shield

I actually posted this one in the very first post of the thread, and then forgot about it, thinking it was used by the Blood Dryads, and since it was so similar to the Impenetrable Protector.

zCkhUKDt.jpg

But it turns out this design is unused. The shield used by the Blood Dryads is identical to the Protector, so Pesmontis did some magic with this alternate design to make it a little more unique. It now has a smoke screen!

WCQd2uwt.jpg JKVRcyst.jpg

Lizard Weapons

Pesmontis snuck into a Lizard warrior camp and stole all their gear when they weren't looking.

Fist Weapon

PGpMrEqt.jpg 44qXDlEt.jpg

Shield

GQuogQzt.jpg j5r9Ps8t.jpg

B@stard Sword

01EdyK4t.jpg

Sword

XTBVW3nt.jpg 3ATf8h4t.jpg

• Like! 1

That is just too flipping awesome! Now I haven't played Skyrim in quite a while, but this looks exactly like how I remember the armor, like you pulled it right out of the game, not just using current armor and tweaking it a bit to look like the bone armor. You gents are totally fascinating with what you accomplish :)

• Like! 1

Aye this new armour in the last couple of pics even made me think if they 'invented' a new character!? But then I saw that it had been the dragon mage in a very nice looking new armour set!

The work you all do is just great! :sun:

• Like! 1

Hmm, maybe if I paid more attention to standard weapons and armor instead of chucking everything that's not legendary or unique, I'd be able to spot pix of standard stuff better :)

I found one more item that remains NPC only for no obvious reason: this shortsword's model is kept in the same folder as the swords used by the playable characters, but it is only used by the Brigand Leaders.

I'm not yet sure how to use this sword, but at least it can be added to the pool of random rare items to increase the variety of weapon drops. For those who want to try it in game before the mod release: it's itemtype 2449.

A good find. Soon enough there won't be any weapons in the game world we can't lay our hands on! I would add the sword to the random blueprints and leave it at that, unless someone comes up with a stellar sword idea.

I spy with my little eye....... something that appears to be new armor for the Dragon Mage

It's basically just a red version of Torik's Oath. You see the DM wearing it (along with Pyx's Power) in a lot of the promotional materials for Ice and Blood. Like this.

I thought long and hard about using that skin (or a custom skin) of that set for the Mutation Set that I made for the DM. The reason being that every character's Mutation set comes from his/her "Special" armor set, and that one is the DM's Special set. But, no matter how I recolored it, it would always just be a different-colored Torik's Oath, so I went with another armor set that was unused for any sets.

Interesting, thanks. Maybe that's why I don't recognize it, I don't think I have a DM with Torik's Oath. Oh, also, I saw horse armor in the pictures of the DM in the Skyrim armor. Will this be new, or is this another thing I've missed?

• 6 months later...

Well I'm back for another round of "what kind of neat items can we steal from NPC's?"

When I first presented all this stuff before, I skipped over most kobold and goblin items, and a few lizardman weapons to boot. I don't know why. I was looking at them again today and I think they're cool enough to add to the game. Shortbows, daggers, 1h mage staves could all use some more variation. You may see these unlocked in Diablo 2 Fallen before the CM Items Mod, but they will probably come into both mods eventually.

Kobold Shortbow

pSmqRL3t.jpg

Kobold 1h Staff

Would make a very good wand design

aLpmaKet.jpg

Kobold Club

I think I'd like to take this, reclassify as it a 1h mage staff, and voila another wand for the game

3oNSoEDt.jpg

Kobold Shield

1kaQZTkt.jpg

Kobold Axe

Now, this one's a bit too small, but it could be reclassified as a throwing weapon. The Thraconians throw axes, so why not the player?

Ma8dMfnt.jpg

Kobold Dagger

LjCIcXyt.jpg

Kobold Sword

Could be reclassified as a shortsword for the player

lAHgGtZt.jpg

Goblin Staff

A colorful, tribal design

Sk9ihiit.jpg

Goblin Dagger

Looks to be made of stone

DRcROQVt.jpg

Goblin Sword 1

Should reclassify these as shortswords or sabers

QBShKAmt.jpg

Goblin Sword 2

VGlRXGat.jpg

Goblin Bow 1

c4oqFhLt.jpg

Goblin Bow 2

O4rXMBot.jpg

Lizardman Staff

Not as interesting as the cobra staff, but still a cool addition

hMIaWmVt.jpg

Lizardman Spear

3Nrabkrt.jpg

Ogre Bomb

Ogres use this throwing potion. Now the player can too. Boom.

vagDo06t.jpg

Ogre Shield

I skipped this one intentionally before because the model is bugged. It displays with the face of the shield pointing in instead of out. It's bugged like this on the Ogres who use them as well. Maybe we can fix it. If so, I'll unlock it for the player as well.

31IZf77t.jpg

One more idea I had is unlocking Throwing Stones for the player. As weapon class, they seem to be implemented and functional, and NPC's have three different versions to unlock, so you might see a fun new ranged weapon soon.

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Great finds with these! Although, I could have sworn that I had seen the Dragon Cultists' halberd drop naturally before, just in a different color... weird. Then again, my mind could just be making things up (and it probably is). Still, these are some really cool finds.

• Like! 1