Sacred gold multiplayer issues.

So I have encountered thus far my only issue with the copy of Sacred Gold I got from GOG.com. I cant for some reason host a multiplayer session. I have everything allowed like I should (im pretty sure anyway) and when I go into the game to start a session it just kinda sits there are spins its digital wheels. I also have tried using the dedicated multiplayer sever option and that will at least start but no one can see the game. Not me on my own computer or my wife on hers. That said when she hosts it will actually let the game start and we can play. And she can also host the dedicated multiplayer server. Anyone have any ideas why it wont work on mine? Also I am totally willing to post additional info should it be required, just ask for it.

I didn't have this problem when I used the GoG version (or was it steam?). However when I played with disks on my 2006 purchased computer I had the same problem.

I overcame it by switching to only one core on my 2006 computer. IF I recall corectly. The solution might be on the GoG forum. It's been 8 years so make sure you know what you are doing in switching to single core. Or have a guide and write down the steps so you can switch back to dual core once you're done with Sacred 1.

I'm running quad core actually. but I think for this situation its neither here nor there. Funny thing is the primary reason I want to be able to host multi is so that I can play single player and swap items around and respec with a character editor without having to start back at the beginning.... I have tried swapping the game to running single core but that doesn't seem to make it want to allow me to host multiplayer. But either way I can join a game 4 cores or 1.

Can't remember where it is, options maybe, but one multiplayer issue that people had moving from XP to later Windows is the setting for connection speed: change it from ISDN to dial-up. It has no impact on your connection speed but it does do something internally with how it handles the network connection.

Be sure you're checking both software and hardware firewalls, as newer versions of Windows like to think for you because Bill Gates thinks you're too stupid to be trusted w/ your own computer to do it automatically. You might have 2 software firewalls because of Windows and a 3rd party program and not realize both are active. I could check my machine at home tonight to suggest a good freeware program for checking if you have the proper ports open.

I have a memory of disconnecting the outside line from my modem, turning off all firewalls, starting the dedicated server and connecting to it on my own pc, and turning all firewalls back on. This forced the firewalls to learn that program and it didn't give me a problem after that. Of course that was a good 5-6 years ago.

Oh, and check this FAQ thread at the SIF (Sacred International Forum) as it has a ton of stuff that might help: http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=46093

Report back here if you still have trouble.