Can We Have a Prominent Link to SacredWiki on DarkMatters?

I'm curious if there are indeed sacred players unaware of the wiki. I'm not challenging you, just making a little conversation, for the sheer sake of conversation. Everything, from video games to how to pop a zit (seriously) has a wiki. I'm really curious if there are people who have yet to learn of wiki's existence period.

• Like! 1

lol you guys are right about the link. We used to have a massive link on top right of the landing screen first page of darkmatters in an earlier skin. It was actually a miniature SacredWiki map that Schot made for the game that we used as a direct link, but with a skin change some years back, we don't have anymore.

Maybe if Schot has some time he can put back in that little mini map. It was a great link to the Wiki and, in the form of that map, was distinct.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

From what I remember, old DarkMatters site designs always sported a big Wiki button, shaped as a map or a shield like the one you can see on the wiki itself. Sometimes during one of the site renewals this design element got lost. Maybe it's really worthwhile mo make it come back.

And actually, there are still people who play games but haven't yet made themselves at home on the Internet. Such people never heard about the fact that nearly everything notable has a wiki nowadays, they oftenly do not even know that wikis exist at all. Well, some of my real-life co-workers do not even know that their favorite games have discussion forums. So having a direct button that would show everybody that we have a wiki and give them an adress of this wiki would not hurt.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

No worries. Wasn't plannng to bring it to light cause I figured it was one of those moments where we sometimes write in quick point form. Glad you like! Might give it a bit more decoration later on. Maybe stick the money bag icon beside it.

Hehe. Yeah. "Put a Prominent Link to SacredWiki" sounded a liiiiitle bit off after seeing it a few times. ^^

Yup! We used to have wonderful linking icons in our old skin. Sadly, like the old skin, this skin was hastily made by it's creator. There was lots I had to fix and just ran out of steam trying to correct everything. These last two skins have been the bane of the enjoyment I can get from DarkMatters. And with the soon to arrive IPB 4 forum update, everything will have to change again. I'm reluctant because of that to make significant changes to the present skin. It will be completely gone when we finally get IPB 4.

That said! I added SacredWiki to the top menu. Not prominent but I may do more with it. :)

Cute

love it!

Favicon in the forum on board!

gogo

You did a very good job with this icon, Schot. When I came to DarkMatters today the wiki link was the first thing that caught my eye even though I wasn't specifically looking for it. Its yellow color complimented by the money bag is strikingly bright compared to the rest of current site design, so the link effectively draws attention despite being quite small. It's a good way to put an easily noticeable link without altering the design too much.

• Like! 1

You did a very good job with this icon, Schot. When I came to DarkMatters today the wiki link was the first thing that caught my eye even though I wasn't specifically looking for it. Its yellow color complimented by the money bag is strikingly bright compared to the rest of current site design, so the link effectively draws attention despite being quite small. It's a good way to put an easily noticeable link without altering the design too much.

hahaha, Silver u said it so well...that's exactly the same thing I noticed this morning when I turned on the forum. Yes, that l'il money bag is particuarly fun and very easy to remember and, because it's coming from our beloved game is meaningful.

I remember when Schot was looking at all the favicons, there are certainly some images that could have been more iconic...but, holy hannah that money bag is so dang cute

gogo

Save your strength! We all know that as soon as you start working on what you've suggested in that other thread that Gogo is going to chain you in the basement with no sunlight and only stale bread and water for sustenance until it's done! So yeah...rest up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc

DB, shhhhhhhhhhh!

:4rofl:

gogo

Uh oh! Run! :oooo:

• Like! 1