Server Instability...

Heya gang. Just a quick note to let you know our host provider is troubleshooting the server that DarkMatters and SacredWiki is on. They just finished rebooting our server which is why we were down for about 10 minutes. We may experience more bumps in the coming hours so if you make posts be sure to copy them to your clipboard (CTRL+C) to safeguard what you're typing. Especially just before you push the submit button. Same goes for SacredWiki editors.

Don't know if I was the only one seeing it, but for me both sites were down for quite some time. Now that they are back, I can't help but wonder how much of such instability we should expect in the future and when the turmoil finally ends and the server would be stable.

I guess it would be better to pause the wiki activity until the server would stop disappearing, so I would like to know when we can consider it safe to edit as much as we like.

Both sites were down for me for an extended period as well. Which was a total pain and had me saying a few naughty words as I had just managed to install Sacred2 again after over a year of not being able to play it and I needed to refresh my memory on Combat Arts, as well as find a link for S2CE so I could swap the initial CA for one from the Aspect I will be using (ie change Seraphim's Exalted Warrior: Pelting Strikes for Celestial Magic: Baneful Smite. I like to start how I mean to go on).

Sorry for the downtime gang! Our server, as you well know, went down again for a different reason than the reason this topic was created. At first they said it was a Ddos attack on the entire station where our server resides but later the station declared it was a network issue affecting many different servers and clients. Even outside of our own hosts company. They say they've applied a temp band-aid solution which means things might "feel" fine now but they're still working on the problem. You can keep making submissions on the forum and wiki but if you do just be sure to maintain a regular backup of what you're typing in a notepad while you work. :)

At some point our host will get word from his host, (why does our host have a host? I know....), when he gets word that everything is as it should I'll come update this topic.