Hello Sacred People, I'm new here!

Welcome to DarkMatters jhwoo4!!

And thanks for the great feed back on the downloads. There's a great many hours of work there put in by our community, that and a lot of love.

Advice for a new member?

Try our unlimited POutine Fridays^^

:devil:

gogo

Hello and welcome! The forum goes through phases of being quiet and being really busy, but love for Sacred is going strong! Good to see you here and tell Hooyah to get his butt back here too.

• Like! 1

Firstly, a big welcome to the forum. Secondly, spend as much time here learning the game. The game mechanics was the steepest part of my climb. Coming from D2 for so many years. Sacred's mechanics are completely different.

That would be my advice for a green horn.

I remain, Etherian

I do have a tiny piece of advice. We have guides and charts on every aspect of the game, and those are cool, and experimenting on your own is cool too. But the important thing is to remember that the game is supposed to be fun. Sounds kinda stupid, but I have a real quick story.

One of my employees saw me playing one day. Now this gal..... takes OCD to a whole new level, that's exactly why I hired her, I need a person like that in the department she's in. But she told another employee about it,who also likes the game, and that ole boy's.... a little ornery. He knows how OCD she is, so he thought it be cute to say "Before you can even play the game, you need to know it forwards and backwards. Drop rates, damage mitigation calculations, character guides, the whole nine yards. Make flow charts and pie charts and printouts and tables. If you think you're being too obsessive, you're not, you've only just begun." And that's exactly what that poor girl did, for months, until she burned herself out on the game before she even got to play it. One day she broke down in my office "How can you play the game so care-free? I can't even look at the game, there's so much.." and she rattled off all types of figures and stats that I've never even given a second thought towards.

So, that's my advice. We have wonderful guides here that people have spent a lot of time creating, and I tip my hat to them. But don't let them become such an obsession that they suck the fun out of the game. Poor gal, the very thought of playing Sacred with one hand while the other hand's holding graphs,guides, charts and tables..... makes me feel slightly ill.

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Like! 1

I just dove right on in. I don't think to this day I've ever read or followed a "character build" guide (I always get a bit of a w.t.f. feeling from those). You don't really need to know much to play the game. Most of what I learned about Sacred 2 I learned from working on the wiki - I learned it as I went, and that was just because I wanted to know all the quirks and factors and mechanics, not because I needed to.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you will enjoy it as kuch as I did. I just play the game for the fun of it, I would occasionaly pop onto the wiki or forums to get some guidelines if I'm not sure of the direcion I want to go in with a character. Or if I just want to compare e.g 2 combat arts, skills, weapons...

And I post in the related word game daily. Also active in the dark kitchen now and then(when I am jot actually busy cooking)

Delta!