Return old Sacred 2 interface and logo?

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows, how to return the old game interface and logo. - the blue ones (interface and logo)... which files should I return to normal. Thank you in advance, and I am sorry if this is not the correct place to ask. :blush:

• Like! 1

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows, how to return the old game interface and logo. - the blue ones (interface and logo)... which files should I return to normal. Thank you in advance, and I am sorry if this is not the correct place to ask. :blush:

Hi Prelate

I separated your post from topic it was on so that you could get responses from the community.

Have fun here on the boards, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

No, fonts are not a part of this package. The game uses the fonts installed in the system font folder (For XP it is C:\WINDOWS\Fonts). The particular fonts that show up in game are listed in the script file "ListFontGroups.xml" that can be found in "Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\locale\en_UK" folder (for english version, but other versions have similar location). This file, once you open it for editing (regular Windows Notepad would do for this) looks like this:

<suixml version="0.0.1.0">

<!-- the Name-Attribute must be the internal font name -->

<Fonts>
    <Font Name="ZabriskieScript-Bold" File="ZabriskieScript-Bold.ttf"/> 
    <Font Name="AntiquaSSK" File="AntqSSK.ttf"/>
      </Fonts>

<!-- here you can use symbolic/aliased names for fonts -->

<FontGroups>
    <FontGroup Name="CaptionFontGroup">
      "ZabriskieScript-Bold"
    </FontGroup>
    <FontGroup Name="TextFontGroup">
      "AntiquaSSK"
    </FontGroup>
	</FontGroups>

</suixml>

If you want to change the font, find the one you'd like to use in the system font foder and list its name in the first section, between "Fonts" tags. Then use the name you assigned in the second section, between "FontGroups" tags. Here the one under "CaptionFontGroup" is the font used in the main menu, and quest dialogue captions, and the one under "TextFontGroup" is the font used for all regulat texts, like dialogues, logbook, item stats etc.

For example, if you want the game to use the Times New Roman font for every text, the code would look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <suixml version="0.0.1.0">
- <!--  the Name-Attribute must be the internal font name 
  --> 
- <Fonts>
  <Font Name="Times" File="Times.ttf" /> 
  </Fonts>
- <!--  here you can use symbolic/aliased names for fonts 
  --> 
- <FontGroups>
  <FontGroup Name="CaptionFontGroup">"Times"</FontGroup> 
  <FontGroup Name="TextFontGroup">"Times"</FontGroup>