Unbended - New project by former Ascaron employees!

It's a very poor name in English. It sounds like a word a 4-year old would use. I've been hoping it was just a placeholder name.

Anyone else have some ideas for names we could toss out there? Maybe the devs will take notice and poll the community for their collective opinion. I came up with a couple more possibilities.

UNYIELDING

SOVEREIGN

LEGACY

• Like! 1

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

But, there is nothing wrong in searching for a better name to it

...and failing.

They could call it "Ultra North Ballad of Electric Nitro Dragons Erecting Doom" and it would not change a thing, as they still need an actual game to go with it.

It could help morale of the developers and the fans to have a meaningful kickass name, which could lead to who knows what kind of good things. Having a grumpy weird name won't help much.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Very cool. I like the look of the map so far, and it's always good news to hear progress being made. I really hope this project is a success.

• Like! 1

Has anyone heard if a console release is being spoken of as a possibility? Maybe as an eventual stretch funding goal? I bought Sacred 1 on PC, Sacred 2 on PC two different times, then Sacred 2 on Xbox 360 two different times, and once on PS3. I'd love to see this new game come to the PS4, even if only as a digital download. I've heard they offer some great self-publishing options these days for independent game developers.

I don't think we should push our luck. I think promising a console release, and then delivering one, was part of the reason Ascaron went to the wall. Even BioWare generally left the console version of the game to someone else back when they were independent - they didn't try to do the thing themselves. Alright, the PS4 is more like a PC than the PS3 ever was, but let's not ask too much of the guys - maybe a console port could be done a bit later.

• Like! 1

In Sacred 2, they seemed to have a male and female representative for each of the three basic archetypes. So the Shadow Warrior (my personal fave) and Seraphim were the melee/warrior experts. The Dryad and Temple Guardian were the ranged experts. And the High Elf and Inquisitor were the magic experts. Maybe they'll follow a similar formula for Unbended.

So far we've got The Gambler - probably male ranged expert.

The Blademaster (this one looks awesome!) - male melee expert.

The Crystal Mage - female magic expert.

So I'm guessing they might have a male magic expert, female melee expert, and female ranged expert still on the way. I'm really looking forward to the characters they're going to reveal. So far, the background stories for the existing characters have been really interesting and creative.

• Like! 1

"Why not just have them put the same thing as was on your grave in Sacred 2?"

Well, because I never had a grave in Sacred 2. At least, not one that I know off.

I do know there are a few graves having the texts I came up with, on them. One is located at the graveyard where the SW starts, the other one at Artamark's Gate and if not mistaken there's a third as well, though I can't remember the location right now.

However, using those doesn't feel right, as it gives me the impression I'm not creative enough. And I'd love to be creative with words.

Edit (added): Less than 15 minutes after posting this, I came up with a nice text. So I ordered and paid for a grave. :D

Thorin :)

Edited by Thorin Oakshield
  • Like! 1