Unbended - New project by former Ascaron employees!

Sadly the "presentation" part of the project is in the game developers hands only - not much that we can do about it without falsifying what the game is.

Ryanrocker, use Tetris next time :)

• Like! 1

WOW! I dont have money but thinking of being a mayor in a Video Game? I'll brag that to my Rich gamer friend! XD

Btw, if we become a mayor in a village, Do they make a model of our true physical body or they use a monster/npc. At least our face would have been included. And it would be better if the player clicks my NPC some of the speeches would be from the donor him/herself.

Thinking of this makes me happy like crazy (even I wont even get to buy the game. XD)

• Like! 1

WOW! I dont have money but thinking of being a mayor in a Video Game? I'll brag that to my Rich gamer friend! XD

Btw, if we become a mayor in a village, Do they make a model of our true physical body or they use a monster/npc. At least our face would have been included. And it would be better if the player clicks my NPC some of the speeches would be from the donor him/herself.

Thinking of this makes me happy like crazy (even I wont even get to buy the game. XD)

SEv, , thanks for joining up with us!

Was just reading through your posts, and you have thoughtful feedback on what's happened to Sacred 3. In a way, this has pushed our favorite dev team to excel and shine, and we're showing them we're an appreciative set of fans!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Still lurking hard on this game. Awesome you guys gave it her own spot in our hearts aka the FDM :)

Timo! Yes, to Unbended! We're actually a l'il late to get this set up, but dang, are we ever stoked!

:dance:

gogo

Just waiting for a thing to happen in my job then I'll donate either 99 euros or 299 (probably 99 but still). Really excited for this game even tho it'll take at least 2 years for something to be released.

I just wish there was a character like the Seraphim.

Welcome to DArkMatters Bolaum!

Yee haw, another fan to help out with the game, 99 Euros will get you your own NPc in the game?

gogo

Hi everyone!

Did not know that the former employees was making another game until a couple of days ago. This was indeed some good news. I have read about the project and it seems promising, so I have decided to donate for a NPC :)

Bravo for the donation, and welcome to DarkMatters Aktuelle!

gogo

I'm a bit sceptic though, if they plan unbended as big and detailed as they did for Sacred, what that would money-wise, with no publisher whatsoever, how much cash do they need to collect via crowd funding to be successful? of course I don't know exactly why, but Ascaron went bankrupt/insolvent because of Sacred, didn't it?

The way I understood it, it was bad management, not the game itself. Reading their FAQ it looks like they are able to make a game as good as Sacred 2 using as much money as they used with Sacred thanks to new technology.

At the FAQ-page of the Unbended site, it's somewhere written that they're able to do a lot more with the current technology as they did when Sacred was develloped. Meaning they don't need that much of a funding to get the same result. It also means they can do it with a smaller team.

As for the reason Ascaron went bankrupt; that was due to a combination of things.

The financial crisis made it impossible to get another loan at the bank, because the gaming market was bound to collapse; the devellopment of Sacred 2 took longer and was a lot more difficult as expected; Ascaron was still paying up to 45K Euro's a month, to hire the Sacred: Underworld MP servers, because of the tight finances, marketing was a bit *cough* low and finally; having CDV publishing the game in Northern America and Dumb Stupid publishing the game in the rest of the world wasn't doing them any good either. Not to mention they also paid for the - FREE!! - Sacred 2 servers.

So, having two different publishers didn't the sales any good, having a bad *cough * terrible *cough* marketing didn't the sales any good either and the game had a bit too many bugs, which gave it a bad reputation as well. As a result, having more expenses then income, bankrupty was the only solution.

Surprisingly, I Always had the feeling Dumb Suckers killed Ascaron because they would get a hold on the strong Sacred Franchise. Just to give the entire series a headshot with The Sequel I Won't Mention.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Just waiting for a thing to happen in my job then I'll donate either 99 euros or 299 (probably 99 but still). Really excited for this game even tho it'll take at least 2 years for something to be released.

Me too! TBH I got into Sacred because of the seraphim. I fell in love with Dem pigtails. XD

The seraphim in Sacred 3 Looks like nina now... :(

Me too! TBH I got into Sacred because of the seraphim. I fell in love with Dem pigtails. XD

I got into Sacred 2 because of the Seraphim too but that's because I really love this angel theme.

I got into Sacred 2 because of the Seraphim too but that's because I really love this angel theme.

Yeah . seraphim is the Only Playable ANGEL in any RPG (That I know). But the Daemoness was the one given the ability to fly?

#justiceForSera2014

Yeah . seraphim is the Only Playable ANGEL in any RPG (That I know). But the Daemoness was the one given the ability to fly?

#justiceForSera2014

Hehe now that I think about it it feels a bit weird.