49 replies to this topic

#41 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:55 AM

I cannot socket any piece from this set at the Blacksmith. What gives ?

Just tested. No problems here.  Do you have any mods installed?  Are these the only items you can't socket?

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#42 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,202 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

And now for something not completely different: a miniset called 'Genesis Siderea', originally meant to update an existing set.

attachicon.gif01 prototype.jpg

Image 01: prototype in DeepExploration

Although.. mm.. it's actually completely different from the Sopor Aethernis set, as you'll soon discover :-)

The models for the boots, the pelvis and the torso were altered, and the model for the wings is new (derived from the 'envoy-of-death-wings02'). I also thought that the helmet model of Endijian's Artifacts would fit this set better, just because it's kind of futuristic apparel, and the helmet is the ultimate stargazer headpiece ;-)
It would have been nice to create a complete set, but I never got to alter the legs, arms and shoulders, because these parts are already very nice and fitting.

The textures are largely based on an image of a star-forming region:
http://www.spacetele...ages/heic0702a/
This is also why the set is themed with star formation, and why it's called 'Genesis Siderea'. It's going to be part of the new version of the CM Items Mod.

Big thanks (again) to Silver_fox for reviewing the bonuses. Both Flix and Silver_fox have encouraged me to make this set even better, for instance by testing the altered running animation. And Flix, thanks for the screenshots of the bonuses :-)

The models of this set have actually undergone a wide range of very technical changes in order to make them fit precisely together. These technical edits include the mesh normals and the normal maps, and the way the meshes are affected by the bones. Also, the textures include a few miniature decals that can only be seen up-close.

Vessel of Chaos
This casque serves two purposes: (1) it's good for stargazing, (2) it's good for containment of awe, the direct result of (too much) stargazing. It also looks like a fighter pilot's helmet, and for that reason I added her squadron insignia: the well-known tiger constellation.
attachicon.gifnew buyable shield 01.jpgattachicon.gifstats Vessel of Chaos.jpg
Image 02: Seraphim with one of the new buyable shields

attachicon.gifnew throwdrink Molotov Cocktail.jpg

Image 03: Seraphim with the new throw-potion 'Molotov Cocktail'

Dawn of Scheherazade
'Dawn' is of course meant as the re-appearence of (day)light.
The name of Scheherazade refers to the 'star' of the stories from "One Thousand and One Nights". She is a legendary Persian queen and she tells those stories for a reason. At dawn, she always stops storytelling with a cliffhanger, forcing the King to keep her alive for another day. So in fact this chestpiece is meant for survival in the first place, even though it looks like an arabian dancing top.
In the diffuse texture map, the pendant has received a small 'galaxy' decal.
attachicon.gifnew To Mega Therion 01.jpgattachicon.gifstats Dawn of Scheherazade.jpg

Image 04: Seraphim with the new unique staff 'To Mega Therion'

attachicon.gifnew Shaman's Totem (orc) staff 02.jpg

Image 05: Seraphim with the new unigue staff 'Shaman's Totem'

Cradle of Light
A region in space where new stars are formed: the origin of light and joy.
The normal map texture has received an explicit lycra pattern.
attachicon.gifnew Delior's Holy Staff.jpgattachicon.gifstats Cradle of Light.jpg

Image 06: Seraphim with the new unique 'Delior's Holy Staff'

Fusion Igniters
These are the hands that have the (spell) power to light a star. The textures of these gloves have been made quite light colored, so that the effect of the original normal map is much more enhanced.

attachicon.gifstats Fusion Igniters.jpg

Dark Matter Conduits
These boots draw in dark matter as they move the Seraphim from place to place.
They'll get dirty, that's for sure, and not only with dust..
Technically, these boots have caused me headaches, because of the legs inside. I've tried hard to keep the boots slender, but the animations kept spoiling things. In the normal texture map, the folds at the knees have been erased, and on the inside of the boots, the diffuse texture map has received three decals to create more 'depth'.
attachicon.gifstats Dark Matter Conduits.jpg

Star Meadows
The eye catcher of the set has been textured with a 'volume texture' to increase the depth of the star field. The thickness of the wings is almost entirely created this way. The volume texure was created by color separation of the original image.

attachicon.gifz front 01.jpgattachicon.gifstats Star Meadows.jpg

Image 07: new wings top view

attachicon.gifz side 02.jpg

Image 08: new wings side view

As an extra, the running animation of the Seraphim was changed slightly, in order to avoid clipping when she carries the new double laser sword:

attachicon.gifeffect of the new c_sera_skin_run_2h.jpg

Image 09: the 'new' way of carrying a two-handed sword

Set bonuses:

attachicon.gifstats set.jpg

Gallery

attachicon.gifbig_1012.jpg

Image 10: I guess this is actually what she's best at..

attachicon.gifnew Sylvanwood longbow 01.jpg

Image 11: Seraphim with the new 'Sylvanwood Longbow'

It was wonderful re-reading your writing and descriptions again, the difficulties you overcame while modelling... all these details that evade us as players but give great value as delicious extras when reading and appreciating.  It's particularly satisfying to me as just a few weeks ago I'd decided to put up some posts on the SacredWiki page in FaceBook, and the first image I'd shown to show case was this very set which I used as the page's back page which got great feedback and likes.

https://www.facebook...ejXomPI&fref=nf

bravo on the stellar work Pesmontis

:hugs:

gogo

#43 Pesmontis

Pesmontis

Chromium Defender

• Modder
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

Wauwie! Thanks Gogo!

Yeah, I also re-read that post, and I thought I used to put quite some effort in things like this. But then at the time it was all quite new to me.

We're currently investigating a new tool for getting models in 3DSmax, and it might well be that creating new clothing / armor sets becomes easier.

#44 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,202 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

One of my favorite things to read is past posts of the big content writers here re mods and builds.  Sacred series is my favorite, and re-reading all the effort, trials and jubilalations that players have gone through is thrilling.  Never ceases to put a smile on my face, its like a community that is always here and exctied

:heart:

gogo

#45 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

One of my favorite things to read is past posts of the big content writers here re mods and builds.  Sacred series is my favorite, and re-reading all the effort, trials and jubilalations that players have gone through is thrilling.  Never ceases to put a smile on my face, its like a community that is always here and exctied

gogo

I feel the same way.  I spent all last night reading all the bug reports from years past.  Many of them will soon be fixed.  People got so worked up and passionate about the various issues the game had/has.  I wish I could time travel and show the upcoming results.  Well, better late than never.  :)

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#46 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,202 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

gogo

I feel the same way.  I spent all last night reading all the bug reports from years past.  Many of them will soon be fixed.  People got so worked up and passionate about the various issues the game had/has.  I wish I could time travel and show the upcoming results.  Well, better late than never.   :)

I just love what you wrote.  This is why you're so good at this Flix, and why the mod has been so successful.  Many would get nettled by having feedback that was rough or just negative in nature...but you almost manage to keep your cool, stay professional and transform ALL feedback into gains that you leverage into your mod.

hence a very brilliant mod and tremendous good will you've generated 

:gogo:

gogo

#47 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

I just love what you wrote.  This is why you're so good at this Flix, and why the mod has been so successful.  Many would get nettled by having feedback that was rough or just negative in nature...but you always manage to keep your cool, stay professional and transform ALL feedback into gains that you leverage into your mod.

gogo

Thanks!  And keep your eyes peeled then, cause I mean not just mod stuff but also the old, old, old, bug reports. Like from when the game first came out.  Foundational stuff.  Wishlists from 2008 being fulfilled.  Stuff that's long been accepted as "just the way Sacred 2 is." It's going to be turned on its head.  There's a sort of handing over of the reins of the CM Patch going on now.  Hopefully CM 1.60 (dare I call it "2.0"?) will showcase some really tangible improvements to the experience of Sacred 2.

#48 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

I just love what you wrote.  This is why you're so good at this Flix, and why the mod has been so successful.  Many would get nettled by having feedback that was rough or just negative in nature...but you always manage to keep your cool, stay professional and transform ALL feedback into gains that you leverage into your mod.

gogo

Thanks!  And keep your eyes peeled then, cause I mean not just mod stuff but also the old, old, old, bug reports. Like from when the game first came out.  Foundational stuff.  Wishlists from 2008 being fulfilled.  Stuff that's long been accepted as "just the way Sacred 2 is." It's going to be turned on its head.  There's a sort of handing over of the reins of the CM Patch going on now.  Hopefully CM 1.60 (dare I call it "2.0"?) will showcase some really tangible improvements to the experience of Sacred 2.

Wow Flix...this is getting really interesting. Can't wait to see what you guys are working on behind the scenes. Any chance we'll get a little info on how you've managed to make these changes?

#49 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:43 AM

Any chance we'll get a little info on how you've managed to make these changes?

Decompiled source code.   ;)  "Hard-coded bug" is not the limitation it once was.

#50 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,202 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Any chance we'll get a little info on how you've managed to make these changes?

Decompiled source code.   ;)  "Hard-coded bug" is not the limitation it once was.

:starwars:  @ hard coded bug...

:)

gogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users