Seraphim Melee build - Are polearms Niob-proof? And CM or RT?

Copy/pasted anmd edited from gamefaqs:

Have played Sacred 2 on and off since release, but never reached niob and/or 200. Furthest I got was a Dark Melee High Elf level 128 into platinum.
I lost all saves since. Now doing a Seraphim run from scratch.

I'm currently considering the following build to take into NIOB:

- Enhanced Perception
- Armor Lore
- Constitution
- Toughness
- Tactics Lore
- Dual Wield (or Polearms?)
- EW Focus
- Concentration

and either:

- RT Focus
- RT Lore

or:

- CM Focus
- CM Lore

My envisioned choice of Combat Arts will be:

EW (main)- Soul Hammer, Pelting Strikes, Battle Stance (Buff)

and either:

CM (occasional) - Baneful Smite, Radiant Pillar, Hallowed Restoration, Cleansing Brilliance (Buff)

or:

RT (occasional) - Archangel’s Wrath, Flaring Nova, Divine Protection, Warding Energy (Buff)

Tough choice. Overall I like the CM arts more, but DP is just so good not to use!

Any tips/prefs which would work best as back-up for a melee seraphim?

You might also see that I'm thinking about using polearms instead of dualwielding. I think it'd be great fun, but not sure whether it's viable in Niob?

Edited by gogoblender
  • Like! 1

There are quite a few Niob polearm boss-killer Seraphims out there, so this kind of build reaches the high difficulty without much trouble.

With Polearms, it's generally better to take on RT as the secondary aspect, using Archangel's Wrath as a boss-killing CA. It does wonders when used with Lifeleech % polearm - great base damage + lifeleech + keeping distance and avoiding attacks from bosses. Though if you're planning to use Divine Protection and Warding Energy buff, it's better to take Warding Energy Lore instead of Toughness (Toughness is a good skill choice mainly if you have Damage Mitigation +% on lots of armor pieces, if not, switch to WEL) or instead of RT Lore. If you're planning to go into the Cursed Forest (or generally add-on locations) Spell Resistance is another good skill choice.

The working Niob polearm build can be along the lines of:

Armor Lore
Constitution
Polearms

Tactics Lore

EW Focus
RT Focus
Concentration
Warding Energy Lore
Spell Resistance (or Toughness)

There is an empty slot for EP or Bargaining, whichever you prefer, or RT Lore, or maybe Combat Discipline if you want faster regen times. If you take untility skills, do it early in the development, if fighting ones, leave them for the end-game when more power might be needed. Or maybe you can include both Toughness and Spell Resistance, if you feel lack of defense, though with mastered Armor, Constitution and Warding Energy you shouldn't feel weak.

Edited by Silver_fox

Thank you, pole arms it is!

If I understand correctly the Cursed Forest is in Ice & Blood and as I play on the xbox, I'm limited to vanilla.

I'm unsure on taking Warding Energy Lore, is it worth it if I'm not into micromanaging my Warding Energy all the time?

I'm mainly thinking on using DP in boss fights, but not really into keeping it and WE up all the time.

With the above in mind, and reviewing all Seraphim skills, I come to 12 skills which look good.

Gotta drop 2:

* Enhanced Perception (will not drop this)

* Concentration

* EW Focus

* RT Lore

* RT Focus

* Pole Arms

* Tactics Lore

* Armor Lore

* WE Lore

* Constitution

* Toughness

* Combat Reflexes?

Edited by Dordledum

If you plan on using Divine Protection, then, yes, yes, yes, and yes, WEL is an absolute must. Energy shields are not so great without it as the bulk of the shield's energy and damage absorption will come from that skill. Otherwise, if no energy shields of any kind, then you drop it.

Of the skills you have listed in there, combat reflexes is the one I would drop. Battle Stance already gives you your evasion, and a solid helping of armor lore, toughness, and constitution or WEL goes a long way in making her a decent tank. The other I'd probably drop is Concentration, seeing as you're on Xbox, especially if you plan on using DP. You don't need the Warding Energy buff as DP is the stronger of the two shields, and DP can be modified to the point where it can be chain casted. I am also not a fan of Cleansing Brilliance for the fact it is too situational; useful only around undead or t-energy creatures, to which the vast majority of the world has neither one, and the seraphim herself can pretty much rip many to shreds without CB's aid even if she were to encounter them.

Thank you, doing exactly that.

Final build, now playing. Just got in Orc territory on Silver at level 18 and counting!

* Enhanced Perception

* Armor Lore

* Constitution

* Toughness

* WE Lore

* Tactics Lore

* Pole Arms

* RT Lore

* RT Focus

* EW Focus
  • 2 weeks later...

First off,

I am super new to the community...like 5 minutes new!

It's great to be a member!

Now..your seraphim

I went from Xbox to PC recently and started all over from scratch obviously, and decided to first run a BFG seraphim. She is currently in Gold level 45 and she is a pure bringer of pain and justice.

Reason I explain this first is I am now running a Pole seraphim concurrent. What I did for her build was this..mind you she is the first toon I will use PA with..I usually do the obvious DW..

• EP
  • Barg
  • Tactics Lore
  • Pole Arms
  • Concentration
  • Armor Lore
  • RT Focus
  • EW FOcus
  • WEL
  • OPEN

I built her this way to experiment with both Pole Arms and shield. I alternate points between STR and DEX depending on what weapon. She is using a buff suit for Battle stance and will eventually go with a battle suit of +CA/Aspect with +All Skills.

I took EP and Barg so they could shop for each other AND any other toon I decide to build. I know most have a dedicated shopper, but I still believe the seraphim and the TG can be equally deadly as well as utility/shoppers at the same time.

As far as CA-I am running with the usual suspects and will mod as usual per most other builds even with pole arms and not DW..eventually all in EW and in RT will be all minus BFG for obvious reasons and avoiding Cel Magic altogether purposely.

I envision all 3 buffs as well, and CB being situational; IE Undead Legion and other highly undead/T-Enegry populated areas/quests. I am trying to not use Divine Protection and rely on killing and the shield/equipment.

IF you have any questions as to how she is coming along, let me know and I'd be glad to help however I Can.

Cheers!

Edited by kvirus11