Possible to mod Sacred 2 inventory?

I was wondering if it's possible to mod the inventory. I was thinking something like making the characters inventory box to have a < > arrows so you could have pages of items. Personally I'm an item hoarder but I like to collect all the set item parts but there isn't enough room for them in characters inventory. If this could be done would it be possible for the chest as well?

I think it is possible.

From my research, there are two areas to be changed:

1) the inventory ui, which is pretty easy. This is in skin-xml.zip

2) the actual code defining the inventory. In either a .dll file, or a .exe file. This is the part where I got stuck.

What I tried was increasing the size of the stash, so it was the same height as the other ui components.

Then I used IDA to disassemble s2logic.dll, and sacred2.exe and looked through them for anything relating to the inventory, noting the height and width(from ingame). The problem I got to was, now that I had, or thought I had the correct spot, how do I relate that to the .dll file(IDA creates a .idb file when it disassembles a file). And since my knowledge of this wasn't very good, and my google fu wasn't either, I basically gave up on it, hoping someone else would look into it.

That sounds like it could be a good start I guess. I'm not a programmer so I have no clue if this could be done. I also thought about this idea as well, instead of saying you get 10 pages of empty space of your items plus the two sections of the chest, would it be possible to make an item like the book item that could expand all 3? The main point of this is not so you can collect every single item in the game but to mostly give room to be able to collect at least all the set items.

Also on the inventory save files. Would it be possible to mod the game so each item page could be a separate file for example chest 1 file for page 1 and chest 2 file for page 2 but in game it loads them so when you turn pages it loads each file.

Well, I'm not a big part of the CM patch team, I participate in CM development only as a translator, but I know enough about CM and Sacred modding to say this much: It's a myth that CM devs have far superior tools denied to everybody else. The only editor CM devs actively use that was never released to general public is for in-game texts. All other things in CM and other mods are accomplished through editing the same txt and xml scripts than everybody else can access. The things that require disassembling and reassembling any dll and exe files are just as impossible for CM devs as they are to you. Which is why there are many known bugs that are repeatedly reported to CM bugtrecker and that remain unfixed, just because they are not in scripts and changing the hard code is impossible.

• Like! 1
  • 10 months later...

hey just asking. Relax :)

Has there been any attempt on increasing the stacks of potions to 99 instead of 20?

I also remember there was some play with adding tabs to the chests in the past. I played with that in the past before the editor was released but couldn't get it to work before. I was thinking of retying it, has there been any luck with that as well?

Edited by Saraphima