So, this will not actually be Sacred right?

I was a huge ps3 Sacred 2 guy but stopped once I lost all my data. It was just heartbreaking. I used to go by Rasputin some may remember me if you spent alot of time on here. Best community ever by the way.

So, I have not been able to find much info but what I did find was depressing as hell. I would like to know what the truth is.

Is there really no more loot drops? If so I assume that there will also not be a huge open world, mounts and most important a vast and complex character build system. I loved choosing my aspects and then how I would spec each skill. Finding awesome loot and then the best jewels to slot into it. I assume none of this will be in the game right? Its only called Sacred to try and sell more copies?

If so, I will only buy this game used so the devs get no money and hopefully lose their jobs. I am sorry but they sound like the most ignorant devs I have ever heard. Even if they were too stupid to understand what makes sacred sacred. No loot drops from monsters? Have they ever heard of Diablo 3 the biggest game in the ARPG market? If what I have heard is true these people should not be in the game bussiness and I am afraid the only thing I can look forward to from this game is their failure. Hopefully they are never able to make a video game again.

Is what I have heard true? I am would so so love to be wrong and have to eat more words.

Anyone? I would love someone to tell me I am wrong and this game will have the depth we love from a sacred game.

You're probably right, I'm just sick of everyone b***ing about it. Sacred 3 has been kicked around and crushed with negativity since its first official announcement. There's a continuing serious lack of info about the game from the devs, for one thing, and everything that has been revealed tells us that the game is Sacred in name only. I feel like they were trying to make a good dungeon crawler/beat-em-up and just wanted to use an existing IP as a basis. I welcome you back from your absence from all things Sacred, but I'm not really interested in name-calling and piling onto the "Sacred 3 is gonna suck" heap.

• Like! 1

This is something I've thought a lot about the last month or so, it's slightly helped in sucking some of venom out of recent events in my life. Now THAT has been a sincere suckfest, like getting simultaneously getting kicked in the mind, heart, and groin by one of those steel plated shoes that Ron Perlman wore in Pacific Rim. Any way, I was horrifically bummed when I first heard that Sacred 3 is rumored not to have loot. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the concept. I have a TON of loot-orientated games, from the Sacred series to the Darksider series, to all the Diablos, to Too Human, to Titan Quest, and I love all of them (minus Torchlight and the second one). I am sincerely excited by the little demo I've seen, primarily because I don't have any games like that. I love the heck out of Sacred 2. But I'm intrigued by a game that I can just pop in my 360, crack open a beer, maybe get a punch uppercut out of my humidor, and let some bodies hit the floor. I love calculating and planning what attributes I'm going to sink points in with games like Sacred 2, but I'm really excited to try a game that I don't have to compare armor and weapon drops. Some say that the game is a dumbed down, dish water game for the unwashed, ignorant masses. I respect all opinions, I won't belittle anyone for having an opinion different than mine. But from what I saw from the demo, this looks like a wonderful game to just chill and unwind with. Of course, I haven't seen enough to feel confidant enough to build a concrete opinion, but I like what I've seen.

So, Jordan, I respect that you dislike what Sacred 3 is potentially going to be like, but I personally don't share your opinion. I like the fact that Sacred 3 is Sacred in name alone. I see Sacred 1 and 2 for the times when I feel like the stat and loot-fest type of action I know and love, and Sacred 3 for a totally different experience

• Like! 1

It's funny how I can agree to ALL opinions posted in this thread, different as they are. I think that Deep Silver did only one thing wrong with Sacred 3 - they called it "Sacred 3". From what I've seen, what they are making has full potential of turning into good-looking, dynamic and fun arcade-style game, closer to beat-them-up with RPG elements genre-wise. Except that it's totally not what people think when they hear "Sacred". If it was released under any other name, I guess it would have gathered a lot of rather positive posts in a discussion in the "New and General Gaming" section. Even if it was a side project in the Sacred series, it would have got more positive reception. As it is, being called a proper Sacred 3, and taking a turn to an entirely new side, it pretty much robs the fans of a chance to see the development of the ideas seen in the previous Sacred games, hence the outpour of woe.

The main trouble that comes from all these changes is that Sacred 3 would be so different from Sacred 2 that it should be aimed to pretty much different target group of players. ARPGs that require some thinking like Sacred 2 and beat-them-up games are usually played by different people, though there are general gamers who play games of all genres equally. I'm not one of those gamers, I only play games that require thinking and I'm not good with keyboard-mashing that requires good reflexes and reaction speed. The more I see of Sacred 3, the less it looks like a game I'd play, so I sort of can relate to the general disappointed crowd. But! That does not mean that it would be a bad game in general. I'm not as silly as to say that Half Life is a bad game just because I won't play it - it's a good classical game, I just don't play First Person Shooters. Same with Sacred 3 - it can turn out to be a good game for its sub-genre, just not a game most the old Sacred fans would love. The "If you liked Sacred 2 you'd like Sacred 3" statement fails to work, but that does not mean that S3 is bound to be a failure.

In fact, I fail to understand why Deep Silver uses Sacred title for their current game. Yes, of course, it's easier to use a previously marketed title than to boost a new one, what with all advertisements and such. But the old title comes with some old reputation, and if the new installment is just too different, the name might act against it. That's about what we see now: the old fans are throughoutly unhappy with the changes, and people who might have liked this new concept probably won't look at it as they remember that Sacred series was not to their liking or just was a kind of game they don't play. The people who have good chances of enjoying the upcoming game are the "general gamers" who can play everything and liked Sacred series, but how multiple such people are?

• Like! 1

In reference to “Sacred 3 could be a great generic game” , I only want to add that there are plenty of generic pad games out there, but till today probably only few like Torchlight or Grim Dawn could replace Sacred 2. So if in some time I decide to play a generic pad game, there still better options to be considered before, like Skyrim with thousands of mods that will makes my time worth more, right?

Sacred 3 is promised to suck so much that the original developer team decided to get back into business to show how it should be done. They decided to go with the crowdfunding option, so the process is going really slow. You can read up more on that in our threads

Thank you for this link, there are little information but all of it in the right way. I will follow this project closely.

• Like! 1

Or someone (s) on top insisted release sooner rather than later, perhaps seeing further investment of resources would not be productive. When Gothic for Xbox was released the cut-scenes were beyond bad- mere sketches of cut scenes never developed. Someone decided no further development.... make what money could be made and get it over with. And that's what happened, too.

On a more positive outlook, perhaps Sacred 3 is tidy and complete, not needing the few weeks more, because there really wasn't that much to tidy and complete.

• Like! 1

On a more positive outlook, perhaps Sacred 3 is tidy and complete, not needing the few weeks more, because there really wasn't that much to tidy and complete.

Considering what kind of game Sacred 3 is going to be, it's possible. Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 required a lot of time and patches to become complete and stable because of how vast they were. Big worlds, lots of quests, lots of skills, lots of weapons, unexpected ways to use combat arts that sometimes lead to unexpected results, etc. All of that could show glitches, and to increase the number of possible bugs, there were leftovers from unimplemented features getting in the way every now and then. Considering that Sacred 3 videos show corridor-like maps and its characters can use only fixed kinds of weapons, this game's design is much more predictable and easier to test and troubleshoot.

On the other hand, it's quite possible that the development of Sacred 3 is already finished, and Deep Silver set the release date further away in hopes to cash in on pre-orders. But as far as I can see, they fail to rise big enough hype and get a lot of people interested in early purchase: most of the comments that show under the trailer videos on YouTube and on various Sacred fan-sites contain nothing but rage and disappointment. The most polite of the comments are akin to the ones we read here on DarkMatters: they are in the vein of "we know too little to judge the game and we won't purchase it until we see the reviews". So maybe Deep Silver decided to push the release forward just because there is little point in postponing it, as most people are way too suspicious to pre-purchase anyway.

• Like! 1

The latest news on Sacred III didn't change my mind as Silver_fox already posted a comment and this very much along the lines I do take it "we know too little to judge the game and we won't purchase it until we see teh reviews". The little I know about the game makes me feel bad about the future of Sacred III but I will not judge it before there are some "hard" facts.

My take on why the pushed the release date forward is that 1st of August is at the beginning or within the summer holidays here in Germany and Austria. Maybe the hope of Deep Silver is to catch school childrens in their holidays to buy something new and spend their holidays with!?

Anyway, two more months to go till we finally will see something "real" about Sacred III.

• Like! 1

Or deep silver don't want sell s3 in the same week as the release from diablo 3 reaper of souls for console ;)

It also gives us their prediction for the average lifespan of the game.

hahahha

oh the honest cruelty of it all

:D

gogo

• Like! 1

Or deep silver don't want sell s3 in the same week as the release from diablo 3 reaper of souls for console ;)

Releasing Sacred 3 two weeks before Reaper on souls for consoles is a very good marketing plan.

It also gives us their prediction for the average lifespan of the game.

I laughed out loud for real. Ahhh shucks.

Thing is I might have enjoyed this if I was not expecting Sacred. It was rough around the edges but one of my favorite games every because of all the theory crafting and amazing community. I remember Gogo I am pretty sure I spent days reading his theory crafting. I was so excited when I thought we might get a new polished Sacred.

I would be more than happy to help them fund a real sacred game and I honestly think alot of other people feel the same way. There may not be alot of us but I think we make up for it with passion. Would this game come out on console? I know, I know I am an ARPG game who likes to play on console.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to repsond to my post even if it seems my worst fears are true. Honestly I figured it was not going to have the same depth and magic but I thought they were at least going to pretend or try.

• Like! 1

Anyone? I would love someone to tell me I am wrong and this game will have the depth we love from a sacred game.

You're probably right, I'm just sick of everyone b***ing about it. Sacred 3 has been kicked around and crushed with negativity since its first official announcement. There's a continuing serious lack of info about the game from the devs, for one thing, and everything that has been revealed tells us that the game is Sacred in name only. I feel like they were trying to make a good dungeon crawler/beat-em-up and just wanted to use an existing IP as a basis. I welcome you back from your absence from all things Sacred, but I'm not really interested in name-calling and piling onto the "Sacred 3 is gonna suck" heap.

I get what your saying but doesn't it bother you that they don't even seem to pretend to care to honor the fans and history of the game? I mean I am sure it does but you just want to give the game a chance is that what your saying? Or just feel its pointless to keep bashing it? There is so little information that when I started to try and dig it felt like a punch to the gut and as you can see by my post I was upset.

I get what your saying but doesn't it bother you?

It does, but not enough for me to say I hope the game fails, and the developers are ignorant and stupid and that they should all lose their jobs and never be able to work in that field again.

What I meant by my post is that although I doubt the game will be good enough to prove you wrong (it doesn't look all that great), I'm not joining in with this tantrum of villainizing those who worked on Sacred 3.

• Like! 1