Sacred 3 moved forward

CoolColJ

Sacred 3 will introduce Weapon Spirits to the world of Ancaria. These are more than just weapon modifies, they will help the player to level their heroes and make their equipped weapons deadlier than ever. These mysterious spirits (some of which are based on characters from older Sacred games) come in all shapes and sizes with many different powers to make for the perfect companion during the player’s battle through Ancaria. Weapon Spirits will enable players to increase critical hit rates, hamper enemy movement, regain health, provide essential support attributes as well as a multitude of other unique perks!

Let me jump quickly into an example of how these Weapon Spirits will specifically work in the game. One of the first Weapon Spirits that players will encounter is the Battle Mage. Using him, you will get less energy from orbs (found across Ancaria, containing health or energy to do special attacks) but you also have a 20% chance to trigger a Chain Lightning effect that hits four additional enemies

One of the first Weapon Spirits that players will encounter is the Battle Mage.

Wait, what?!

They are cannibalizing our old PCs into soul gems?! :cry:

That's worse than not mentioning them at all in the game! Can we get them out afterwords?

This seems like they are taking the idea of the "Demon" weapons from Silverfall - Earth Awakening. In that game, you could level the "Demons" in your weapons. I never really bothered since that was buggy.

garhh! my last post didn't copy all the info - I'm posting on a ps3 pad.

A few thoughts ..... the voice acting is awful ! - nails on a blackboard bad. It does sound like the game will have a bit more depth than I first thought, esp. if the shards act in concert with individual character skills. The linear nature seems like it's gonna be a problem, it could be that they do it well. Gonna have to see some actual reviews.
I think S3 will be better than alot of people think even if its not quite what people want. Even if it's not received well they still can fix/ add things with an expansion.

Even if it's not received well they still can fix/ add things with an expansion.

Shhh! Don't give them any more ideas about DLC content! ;)

For instance, what's with this entire extra character class being locked out to everyone but those who preorder? I'm sure it'll be available for a $15 DLC package later! Something is wrong if your sequel to an rpg game takes away and starts with less character classes than the previous entry in the series!

• Like! 1

I'm with Augmint here....I can't get past the awful cliched voice acting....reminds me of when I was five reading superhero comic books...not a good impression for me

Also the lack of information on the game and it's due out in a few months also makes me wonder. I am trying so hard to keep an open mind about it. And the only way I can is to pretend it's not S3 but some new game out unrelated to anything else. And even if I do that, I just don't see enough that interests me enough to buy it.

Tell me your honest thoughts guys...will Sacred 3 be as playable as the originals. I haven't really played anything as much as I played the original Sacred. My best wish would be an updated version of the original games. You can tell from this post I haven't been playing anything online or trolled the net since the days of Sacred. :eek:

Tell me your honest thoughts guys...will Sacred 3 be as playable as the originals. I haven't really played anything as much as I played the original Sacred. My best wish would be an updated version of the original games. You can tell from this post I haven't been playing anything online or trolled the net since the days of Sacred. :eek:

We expect it to be a completely different game, that had the title changed to "Sacred 3" and the original PC roster was remodeled to look like a Sacred game. Other than a couple of name changes, there is nothing Sacred in Sacred 3... at least as far as we know at this moment.

I'm guessing it will feel like some combination of Diablo 3 and Dragon Age 2 with no open world map, very simple leveling system, and possibly definitely no loot. Whether it will be fun or not is unknown because no real gameplay has been shown other than the few second snippets in shown in the trailers?

It might still be fun, but nothing like the other Sacred games. If you squint really hard, the Safiri warrior kinda looks like Mayor Haggar and you can pretend you are playing fantasy realm Final Fight? :P

• Like! 1

I don't think anyone is amped for it tbh. It comes down to 3 things (and the lack of info makes it worse)

.... the simplified loot system

..... not being open world - personally I'm not against a linear game if it's done well but if it's done poorly with the voice effects heard so far then it's gonna flop bad

esp. vs other games

.... and third the simplified combat arts, which might not be too bad if you can combine general skills with the shards.

I'll wait for the PC version as it probably have some positive improvements.

RE a improved original Sacred I'm geussing you should read this

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21794-new-project-by-former-ascaron-employees/

My impression of shards and now weapon spirits, and I'm not a tech guy, is they sound like after-thoughts to inflate the balloon enough so it looks like a real ball. But it's still a balloon.

Linear game is a no for me. A serious breach by itself to quit right there, with a mere one percent chance the game is still Sacred; but it's not even that close. There is no in- depth character build- and no involved combat art development, and no variety of combat arts. What the actor's voices sound like, or how silly, much like any issues with the artwork, could be overlooked if the fundamentals were intact. None of the fundamentals are intact. And remember- Deep Silver asked for input several places on-line. They should not have asked; makes it worse, if it could be worse.

Whoever made the decisions to gut Sacred did not understand the fan base. It was not just a swashbuckling pre-teen children's game- though it could be that too, such was the charm and ingenious design,- very wide appeal. Sacred franchise was a product for intelligent players, attracting sophisticated, often technically minded young people as well as families and children from the broader population. And Sacred was a top level game, not a low-level knock-off. But the market people must have sneered and discarded the, 'intelligent' player as a non-issue, because superficial offerings from everyone in the industry have done just fine. They think. If this were true though, the newest Elder Scrolls franchise of Skyrim would not have sold millions and millions from a public hungry for challenge, any challenge, or at the least fewer insults and less boredom.

Sacred 3 could've had it all.

We're going to get a McDonald's Burger, probably a Big Mac instead of a sirloin steak or even a decent burger with homemade fries. After you discard the three pieces of white bread and the shredded lettuce, and remove the fillers from the meat product, there isn't much 'meal' left. The oils, fats and calories drive your hunger away, but a couple hours later, often with heart burn, it comes back. Only by now you know better, and won't go there again anytime soon. That's what will happen to Sacred players with Sacred 3.

Maybe I'm wrong. After all, they sold enough Big Macs to climb to the Moon on them, right? Trouble is, McDonald's arrived on the cheap, and never claimed to be anything other than fast food. Sacred began at the top.

It's been said many times here in this forum the best hope would be a good game- not a Sacred game- but a good game ironically with the title we think the world of. I'm not confident of that, because linear games with shallow development and gameplay are not what I spend time with. The gamble for the company with the copyright is that their Sacred cartoon series introduced over the last few years will become the new fan base for their launch.

There is a line of thought in the gaming industry which believes multiplayer on-line gaming neatly sidesteps any issues; lack of AI, detailed world, character development, plot or game depth, and that costly game development. They're counting on you and your peers to interact and provide the missing elements in their product. Their game is a platform for you to interact with each other, very little else, and of course any fees or online registrations are economic icing on the cake. That is the future they want. They said as much when they told you that, 'most players were online multiplayer' anyway for Sacred ll so that's what we did in Sacred 3.' Paraphrase, quotes mine.

Edited by munk
  • Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

For those that didn't bother clicking the link I posted : it basically says that the Malakim class is now pre-order exclusive.

I agree with you Ryan, it also leaves me with sour taste in my mouth...

• Like! 1