Shadows : Heretic Kingdoms ARPG

Another indie ARPG

• Switching seamlessly between the shadow world and the human world provides depth in the storyline and gameplay
  • Freedom of choice allows players to dictate the course of the game
  • Dynamic day and night cycles in elaborately designed locations
  • Gripping story in a world filled with myths, fates and legendary creatures
  • Unique party system puts players’ strategic thinking abilities and reaction times to the test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMC9vXPQJzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LcYmD1JK4

Without looking into this game yet, is this related to the Kult: Heretic Kingdoms APRG from 10 years ago or so? That was a gem and I'd like to see a modern take on those ideas.

• Like! 1

That was what I wondered, Flix. There was talk back in the day of a sequel, but that was some 10 years ago now, and only Diablo games take that long to gestate :)

Edited by Steerpike1
  • Like! 1

Thanks for the info. It's very cool we'll get to return to the realms of Corwenth and beyond. I'm glad to see the Dreamworld returning as part of the gameplay. I really liked the Attunement system of leveling up in Kult so I'm sorry to see it go. But so long as something similarly inventive is used I suppose it won't be so bad. I just hope it's not just replaced with the bog-standard skill/stat points though. Despite being an ARPG with not the best combat in the world, the original had enough quirks and unique ideas to set it apart. Probably the best one was the interesting story with its varied dialogue choices, things usually sacrificed in ARPG's.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 8:10 AM, Augmint said:

Steam has it listed as available Sept 29th.

Any ideas on how much of a mp player game this would be Augmint? I'm not sure I'm so into a huge sprawling Diablo 3 experience anymore...but something smaller arpg type with cool new story and quests is interesting.

:)

gogo