shizusan

Sacred 2 modding Nskins issues

Hey guys wondering does anyone know a fix to this https://www.dropbox.com/s/dghhrphyaz9ky81/sacred2%20issues.png Seems like modding a nude skin made by Ize with the itemtype.txt with it shows up that issue in game, and the imp no longer is there either game version Sacred 2 gold edition Ice and blood 2.6.5.2 Build 1837. If you pm me I can send you the mod maybe someone can help me understand how to edit the itemtype.txt and fix it for mod to work properly and for the game to accept mod without any issues?

Thanks for reading thus far.

edit: I guess nobody exists for this game anymore?

edit2: Ok I get it the game is dead and probably so is this forum its no wonder my avatar is skull and bones lol

Edited by shizusan
  • Like! 1

Forum's not dead; people probably just aren't as interested in newd skins. Especially with all the fantastic armor found in the community patch items mod.

• Like! 2

I didn't see this topic before. Some days lately there are so many active threads that a thread with no replies can pushed down the list fast.

Anyway, it's obvious that the mod in question is outdated and isn't going to work with the current version of the game because it's got an outdated itemtype.txt. The method to fix it is only going to be known by a very small handful of people who know how to mod the scripts, and even then trying to describe the procedure to edit the files would be a pain. Just use the nude skins made by fleet.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 2

Fixing it is not so hard as it seems. Get your hand on an itemtype.txt from a version of the game in wich it works, and compare it with the modded file (word has a function for this, so you don't have to read every line yourself).

Note down the numbers of the items that are changed, and the changes.

Then, in the itemtype.txt from the game version you play, search the items with the numbers you noted down earlier, and make the changes yourself.

The above I've used for the mod by captain cabac (wich I prefer above the one made by fleet for no good reason wathsoever), and I can still use it, even with the CM-patch or other mods that change the itemtype.txt. Of course, I only did the research once, and for all new itemtype.txt files I just search the items and make the changes.

Edited by turaki
  • Like! 2