I'm still a pessimist. On my youtube vid I had the opportunity to talk with a reviewer, and thanks to him not answering and/or evading, managed to get even more info... Well, so far this is what I know:
- 15-20 Hrs gameplay if you go through every mission
- Instanced quests, 15 main, 25 side, probably 20-30 mins each
- Basic RPG mechanics, 2 selectable skills, no loot, chance for a simple drop, 2+1+Main+Dodge Attacks
- If you're solo, you are forced into playing with 3 bots, so I hope they have good AI. Hope the drop-in and out is good too.
- Competitive gameplay - I sure hope they thought this through well, cause if the players learn where the most pts are, it will be a disorganized mayhem filled with tons of button mashing
- No magicka-like combos - I would rewally be sold on S3 if it featured something like that, as it would promote togetherness and friendship
- Built-in voice chat
The reviewer was quite evasive on what the game does better than other, and what it doesn't. He admitted it is hardly the best of its genre, but he thought it was a good game in his opinion. Thing is, Keen Games ask full price for it, so it should be judged against the best there are - and I personally, don't think that any of its aspects are stellar. Then again, my info is limited to all the stuff I gathered over the internet, so maybe I should wait and see. The game unlocks in a day for EU anyway, so the first let's play will most likely hit youtube in like 3 days.